New interior design option - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2018, 01:32 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Would I like those
Love my orange cushions, my grey floor, my green countertop!
Which company would give me those options.....?
Me too! Green counter top and tropical print! I didn't care about the flooring... cover most of it with rugs anyway. Just grateful vinyl was standard instead of an 'up charge' like Scamp and Casita.. and you STILL have to use their vinyl.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Me too! Green counter top and tropical print! I didn't care about the flooring...
And I just was going to say: "every one has a different taste"
Old 04-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #43

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup i am very happy with my choices
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
It would be a relatively simple matter for ETI to give customers a choice of a few options relative to color palettes for floor, counter tops, and upholstery fabric. Choose A, B, C, or D on your build sheet.
Dave Thankyou for a better explanation ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Dave Thankyou for a better explanation ! Pat
I would also add most don't realize how easy and simple and better materials and cost it is on your own . Formica change requires some skills . Material when we had a upholstery price was 200 for labor to do all cushions .Our material was 48 and another 50 for bottom Marine grade vinyl . If there was a better choice would of picked and just decorated with our pillows and addional colors . Pat
Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #46

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
It would be a relatively simple matter for ETI to give customers a choice of a few options relative to color palettes for floor, counter tops, and upholstery fabric. Choose A, B, C, or D on your build sheet.
True, but it would increase inventory cost, and it might be accompanied by ending the ability for customers to choose custom materials, making Escape just like mainstream RV manufacturers (in this one respect).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
True, but it would increase inventory cost, and it might be accompanied by ending the ability for customers to choose custom materials, making Escape just like mainstream RV manufacturers (in this one respect).
Brian what about Escape having to juggle all the fabric, Formica and flooring choices ? I know you pay them for that and I can see someday that will probably have to come to a end . Pat
Old 04-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
And imagine the reactions to that. I can't see how providing a few choices is going to make people happier than essentially the myriad choices as ETI allows now.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #49

Trailer: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Brian what about Escape having to juggle all the fabric, Formica and flooring choices ? I know you pay them for that and I can see someday that will probably have to come to a end . Pat
I’m with Pat on this one and Escape might find they do fewer custom interiors when offering 3 or 4 factory interior choices. For people who want custom working with Escape using your picks is perfect. I’m not suggesting they take that away.
Jeff B. in MI
Soon to be ordering a 5.0 TA
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
I suspect they (ETI) will go more and more in the direction of limiting customization as time goes by anyways, so a choice of A, B, C, or D may be the more favorable outcome (as compared to choice A).

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How does that go? "Give them an inch, they'll take a mile"?
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How does that go? "Give them an inch, they'll take a mile"?
No good deed goes unpunished?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
To my mind, no matter how many optional "treatments" Escape offered, there would be many that wanted their own choice that wouldn't be one of the options. The way they are currently set up makes the most sense for me. Those that don't care have a simple choice (stock) and those that do get an almost endless variety of choices (and, of course, pay for it!)
Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #54

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I'm not thrilled with the stock fabrics and laminates, but not so much that I care to spend time researching alternatives and paying more $$$. I would love to see 1 or 2 other stock options. It's amazing Escape offers such customization, and I hope they always do, but there are also several buyers like myself who want to keep it simple.
goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie39 View Post
I'm not thrilled with the stock fabrics and laminates, but not so much that I care to spend time researching alternatives and paying more $$$. I would love to see 1 or 2 other stock options. It's amazing Escape offers such customization, and I hope they always do, but there are also several buyers like myself who want to keep it simple.
Exactly.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Totally agree with this. The customization option is awesome but not everyone is an interior designer. For those that aren’t, a choice amongst 2 or 3 defaults would be nice as well. In our case, we found the single default color scheme so underwhelming that we went with the custom option but I found it to be a bit of a pain - spend a bunch if time on the internet looking at fabrics, order swatches, try to match them up to miniscule formica samples, repeat.. and finally pick something and cross your fingers it’ll look good scaled up in the trailer.

Probably would’ve been a lot more enjoyable if either my wife or I was good at this sort of thing - have a whole new appreciation (and envy) for those who have a knack for this kind of stuff.
Micheal K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #57

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
If you just want to skip the research, you could consider this forum the catalog and just copy someone else's combination - they have all of the ordering information sorted out.

That doesn't address the cost, of course.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #58

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I haven't yet added up the total cost to have my choice in fabric, floor, and formica, but I was ecstatic to find out I *could* choose--and beyond ETI's charge for the changes, I could control the quality and cost. I'm a person who is greatly affected by both light and color, and (famous last words) this will be the last of 6 camping vehicles for me (not including tents) spread over my adult years. Knowing that, I chose things that, as someone above said, will make me feel good every time I come through the door. I held my breath for the pictures, but it's every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped. The final choice of stainless over black for the stove and hood is the frosting on the "bright" cake. 28 more days til we meet in person.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal K View Post
The customization option is awesome but not everyone is an interior designer.
And, there's been plenty of evidence of that.
I like the stock interior.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #60

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I really enjoyed picking out my interior choices of fabric flooring counter top it was so much fun!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote