New interior design option - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Wonder what the Eddie Baglo trim level might look like
Or Eddie Bauer!
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:00 AM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Jan and I thought that standard fabric/flooring/laminates were well thought-out: attractive, complementary, and don’t show dirt! But what always DID bug me (but not Jan) was the mashup of fake wood paneling/plastic moldings/solid oak doors.

The fit and finish of our Escape interior is first-rate, but the paneling and molding material seem kinda cheezy. The interior construction and materials were appropriate technology for a fledgling company making 13’ trailers, but now maybe a general interior upgrade would be nice. Less 'wood'? (Like the Nest maybe—clean, bright and modern…)
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #63

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
... but now maybe a general interior upgrade would be nice. Less 'wood'? (Like the Nest maybe—clean, bright and modern…)
Actually there already is a fiberglass trailer much as you describe there- an Oliver, (with a starting price about 50% more than an Escape and significantly heavier.)
Attached Thumbnails
legacy-elite-2-tt-inside-2.jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #64
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
When it comes to decorating, 'modern' only describes a particular moment in time. You can constantly chase the current thing. Anyone remember when 'Mediterranean' or 'country' was popular? Interior Decorators, paint manufacturers, furniture and appliance manufacturers earn their living based on 'change.' My mother retired as an interior decorator, she was grateful there were those that wanted 'today,' and not last year. BUT, she often told me, don't follow the current theme when it comes to the 'bones' of your home. Appliances and bathroom fixtures... white. Everything goes with white. Decorate around those. Yes, appliances die... but bathtubs are put inside the home before the walls go up. Changing a black bathtub is (insert swear word).

Most of us will own our travel trailers for decades. Do I like all the oak? Not really, but I no longer even see it. There is color everywhere in my trailer. After attending an RV show... I know I'd dislike dark cherry or maple... or all that colored plastic even less. Instead of focusing on what you can't or don't want to change, figure out the things you can. Then go camping and have fun.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #65

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Instead of focusing on what you can't or don't want to change, figure out the things you can.
Changing the fridge door panels was one of the things I figured I could do and has reduced the all wood look easily. It's amazing the effect it has on the look of the interior.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ors-12611.html

ps. Maybe this would be a good interior design "option" for Escape to offer.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post

ps. Maybe this would be a good interior design "option" for Escape to offer.
I wonder if anyone has ever asked them if they would do it.

I am thinking of getting a couple stainless steel panels myslef, as it will match all the other SS I have in the trailer.

As far as interior design goes, I don't mind the oak at all, it is a nice and warm colour which I find inviting. I had asked Reace about another wood finish, thinking along the line of maple to keep it bright, though I do love cherry, as it is not all that dark and another warm coloured wood alternative. I guess he has heard the request a few times, but almost everyone wanted real dark cabinets, kinda like the espresso and cappuccino stained wood cabinets I have installed for customers over the years. What it comes down to for a small company like Escape, is that it would create inventory hassles, having to stock twice as much of all the interior wood components, something they are not willing to do at the time.

So, I took what I could get, added a custom flooring and fabric, and then set about to customize to our desires, and we are slowly getting there. We are quite happy with the oak now.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Actually there already is a fiberglass trailer much as you describe there- an Oliver, (with a starting price about 50% more than an Escape and significantly heavier.)
Eric you aren't as you say paying 50% more for a Oliver because of the interior . Are you kidding me . There is no comparison . They are two different offerings in trailers. When you compare two different products , they should be sort of equal in comparisons not two totally different trailer offerings . Why is Oliver used in this comparisions , talking about Escape's . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Eric you aren't as you say paying 50% more for a Oliver because of the interior . Are you kidding me . There is no comparison . They are two different offerings in trailers. When you compare two different products , they should be sort of equal in comparisons not two totally different trailer offerings . Why is Oliver used in this comparisions , talking about Escape's . Pat
Yep, that is clearly not what I was saying.

I’m a bit confused as Olivers seem to be fine for comparison when it is used in criticism of the quality of Escape, quite often by some here.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #69

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When we were shopping for an upgrade to our Casita, we had the chance to compare the Oliver to an Escape 21 at a Bluebonnet rally. The Oliver was nice with some neat features but my wife thought it seemed a little cold looking. When she walked into the Escape, it was love at first sight. The Oliver was out of consideration and the Escape would soon be on order.

Someone else may look at the Escape and prefer the more modern look of the Oliver. To each their own - if everyone wanted the same things, how dull would this life be!
Old 04-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #70

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Yep, that is clearly not what I was saying.

I’m a bit confused as Olivers seem to be fine for comparison when it is used in criticism of the quality of Escape, quite often by some here.
I don't believe anyone is criticizing Escape , but mentioning they should look into some interior design changes is ,in many views ,sorely needed now. Oliver does seem to be mentioned many times for comparison. I am pointing out there is no comparison. Anyone who personally really checked out Olivers would know that. In my mail the other day Parkliners offer different color schemes and for a charge can also have your own materials installed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #71

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Good Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. When we were shopping for an upgrade to our Casita, we had the chance to compare the Oliver to an Escape 21 at a Bluebonnet rally. The Oliver was nice with some neat features but my wife thought it seemed a little cold looking. When she walked into the Escape, it was love at first sight. The Oliver was out of consideration and the Escape would soon be on order.

Someone else may look at the Escape and prefer the more modern look of the Oliver. To each their own - if everyone wanted the same things, how dull would this life be!
Your wife has very good taste in trailers and so does mine and a couple thousand others. When I’m in the Escape, it’s either dark or raining. I find the standard interior tasteful, outdoorsy, durable, decorateable, and very much to my liking. If I didn’t, I’d be camping in Some Other Brand. I do not lead a boring life, I just don’t get excited on trailer interiors.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #72

I hear yah Dave. You know Mary and I were just out working on some of our native prairie restoration projects and I happened to glance across the fence toward the neighbors. Darned but that grass was mighty green over there.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:40 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
I hear yah Dave. You know Mary and I were just out working on some of our native prairie restoration projects and I happened to glance across the fence toward the neighbors. Darned but that grass was mighty green over there.

Eric it always is [emoji6]

Cheers
Doug
Old 04-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Yah but you can scratch your neck reaching through on that bob warre.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #75

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
N is good fer back scratchin
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #76

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Not on this side of the fence. I still see snow....h
Now what if: ETI was going to give a 5% discount per month of snow? Albertans would end up with a 35% discount or more.....
Would that not be lovely! I sure would be sitting on the right side of the fence, in white pastures
Old 04-22-2018, 06:07 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Not on this side of the fence. I still see snow....h
Now what if: ETI was going to give a 5% discount per month of snow? Albertans would end up with a 35% discount or more.....
Would that not be lovely! I sure would be sitting on the right side of the fence, in white pastures
It is rapidly receding here. I expect to see the rhubarb budding soon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #78

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal K View Post
Totally agree with this. The customization option is awesome but not everyone is an interior designer. For those that aren’t, a choice amongst 2 or 3 defaults would be nice as well. In our case, we found the single default color scheme so underwhelming that we went with the custom option but I found it to be a bit of a pain - spend a bunch if time on the internet looking at fabrics, order swatches, try to match them up to miniscule formica samples, repeat.. and finally pick something and cross your fingers it’ll look good scaled up in the trailer.
My husband had it easy. He let me do all that! He knew if I wasn't happy about it, he wouldn't be happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I really enjoyed picking out my interior choices of fabric flooring counter top it was so much fun!
I did enjoy it, but to a point. It was quite overwhelming with all the different choices. I had fabric swatches from quite a few different places. It helped that I could order samples online from Formica that were larger than what you find in the stores. And if you order multiple of your final choices, you get an even better idea of how they'll look.

When we (meaning me, although Dirk did nix a few) narrowed it down, we went to the factory and put them inside of a trailer. Although that wasn't really the best test as that was when all trailers were outside and they didn't have any power running to them, so it was rather dark inside.

And after sorting through a ton of swatches, we went to a Calico Corners to see the type of fabric in person, looked through their swatch books and the minute I saw MY fabric I knew. Dirk saw me stop on that page and said "that's the one you're getting, isn't it?".

But I don't regret all those swatches as I knew what I didn't want and knew what was best for me the minute I saw it. (Kind of like after my first (blind) date with Dirk 30 years ago! )

Actually, ETI might LIKE us doing custom fabric and flooring. They don't have to fork out for those items and they charge us extra for it, while we pay for them ourselves. So, they probably make more profit per trailer when we do custom choices. Least that's what I'm thinking.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote