New interior design option - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #1

New interior design option

With the release of the new Airstream Nest, have you Rease considered a "Designer" interior option? Ask an interior designer to come up with a few new interior designs and colour schemes and show them at the Escape Rally for feedback.
rb5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb5511 View Post
With the release of the new Airstream Nest, have you Rease considered a "Designer" interior option? Ask an interior designer to come up with a few new interior designs and colour schemes and show them at the Escape Rally for feedback.
A couple different choices would be a great idea . It's time because so many of us get different choices to our build or change as soon as they can . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
With sales of the models they have now pushing into October...it might be a nice idea for us, but from a business point of view I am sure it is all about building the great product faster.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
With sales of the models they have now pushing into October...it might be a nice idea for us, but from a business point of view I am sure it is all about building the great product faster.
Most trailer manufacturers offer choices in fabric and flooring . Pat
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
We are still lucky ETI allows custom choices. There is not another company willing to do all that extra.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
We are still lucky ETI allows custom choices. There is not another company willing to do all that extra.
I know but you still pay for it. Would be nice to have some updated choices that are included in your trailer price , which I think many would take advantage of . The process is already overwelming . Pat
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I know but you still pay for it. Would be nice to have some updated choices that are included in your trailer price , which I think many would take advantage of . The process is already overwelming . Pat
It would be nice if Escape gave away trailers for free.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hey I 'll take one ! Pat
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Wonder what the Eddie Baglo trim level might look like
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Ask Airstream to add an extra outlet or move one and you will appreciate what Reace and Company does for us.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
I did not understand this thread until I got to Mr. Baglo’s post and then the whole thing suddenly made sense.

Where do I sign up ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I did not understand this thread until I got to Mr. Baglo’s post and then the whole thing suddenly made sense.

Where do I sign up ?
Me first Steve ! Pat
Old 04-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
If you want to know his thinking on that, I'd suggest emailing Reace at Escape and asking him directly. He does read and post on this forum occasionally, but he's one busy guy.

I'm thinking that since there's a backlog of orders, and record production, there's no need to change what isn't broken. But, I can see the value in perhaps changing the stock formica, fabric and vinyl. They are a bit dated.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #14

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Most trailer manufacturers offer choices in fabric and flooring .
Quote:
I think this is the tradeoff: only one standard fabric and flooring choice at Escape, but a huge range of buyer-chosen custom options; the alternative (from almost everyone else) is a very limited selection of standard choices.

A fixed aspect of the interior design is the oak - that part the buyer cannot change. It might make sense to have a small number (two would probably be fine) of "themes", as per the original suggestion. To me, this would mean a different cabinet finish, and likely a different cabinet door style as well.

It's an interesting idea, but as already suggested, it likely makes more sense for some buyers than for Escape Trailer Industries.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
But, I can see the value in perhaps changing the stock formica, fabric and vinyl. They are a bit dated.
There's a whole industry in trying to convince people that they need to throw out perfectly good stuff and replace it with new. All those pink bathroom fixtures wouldn't have needed to be replaced today if almond, beige and bone hadn't been declared "dated" years ago.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #16

Quote:
All those pink bathroom fixtures wouldn't have needed to be replaced today if almond, beige and bone hadn't been declared "dated" years ago.
We all would be sitting on our outhouse, looking outside through a heart shape...
Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #17

Quote:
We all would be sitting on our outhouse, looking outside through a heart shape...
...thumbing through our Amazon catalogue.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #18

Quote:
...thumbing through our Amazon catalogue.
And when done, use to wipe. Isn't that recycling the way it should be
Old 04-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
There's a whole industry in trying to convince people that they need to throw out perfectly good stuff and replace it with new. All those pink bathroom fixtures wouldn't have needed to be replaced today if almond, beige and bone hadn't been declared "dated" years ago.
Absolutely!

And the almond, beige and bone were all put in to replace "dated" avocado green and harvest gold.

I think it's interesting watching home renovation shows rip out perfectly functional and attractive kitchens to put in, among other things, many thousands of dollars of granite countertop which will last a century... or could, if some decorator doesn't rip it out in ten years and replace it with whatever was fashionable in 1950 and is back "in".

Quote:
An indoor flush toilet is functionally very different from an outhouse over a hole in the ground. A different colour of plastic laminate or fabric is just style.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I think this is the tradeoff: only one standard fabric and flooring choice at Escape, but a huge range of buyer-chosen custom options; the alternative (from almost everyone else) is a very limited selection of standard choices.

A fixed aspect of the interior design is the oak - that part the buyer cannot change. It might make sense to have a small number (two would probably be fine) of "themes", as per the original suggestion. To me, this would mean a different cabinet finish, and likely a different cabinet door style as well.

It's an interesting idea, but as already suggested, it likely makes more sense for some buyers than for Escape Trailer Industries.
When were doing the trailer build list , I was fine with the standard fabric , etc, basically because didn't want to spend extra . The total was climbing . I figured I could change the counters self later . Lived with it for 3 plus years then one day I realized how depressing the inside looked . Colors really affect our moods . Linda hated it all from the beginning but humored me . Then I announced time for a change . We picked out more colorful colors and some counters . Didn't like what was picked for kitchen only and may do something different someday but added the retro aluminum edging to all counters . Linda made some cool pillows . Now when we enter the trailer it is a lifting experience . Linda still hates the blinds but so far don't bother me. I think if there was a choice of maybe grays instead of browns we maybe would of picked that theme and could of just added colors . Anyway it is what it is . Pat