New owner ramblings - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #1
GPS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 17A 2021
Posts: 26
New owner ramblings

Hey all. Lazy Saturday watching a bit of football so I thought I'd put some things out there. We picked up our 17a in late October before the big rains and have had it out to the coast for a sunny and mild winter weekend. We are coming from 8 years with a pop up. Kids are getting bigger. They are still inside, but hopefully will get their wings soon and be pitching tents. Just a couple of observations. Everything is put together to my expectations. We got a simplish unit, with the only major extras being the box, outdoor shower, Springfield pedestal, propane quick connect, storage hatch and kitchen window. My first hookup was done in the dark. Everything is pretty much the same as the pop up but no pop up😃. The stabilizer s go up and down very smoothly and quickly. Everything works as intended. Although almost ripped the awning putting it away the first time having coiled up the strap with a closepin and forgetting to remove it. Won't do that again. We have a foldable portable solar unit that hooks up simply to the batteries on the rear bumper. Kids used the shower to rinse off after getting all sandy. That was really nice to have hot water. Propane water heater heat up beautifully and stayed hot/warm for a very long time. More storage than we can use. Well lite inside. What I have noticed is that even being a small unit, it is still a beast to move vs. the pop up. I have to manually get it in from our narrowish urban street through a narrow opening. Using the manual dolly we had , I strained a shoulder one time, got pinned against a fence another trying to negotiate a very small and short incline. So I have a powermover ac5 dolly coming next week. No more injuries. Also since we cook outside, we got the ranger 2. Very nice. Just disconnect the stock hose, and connect the escape quick connect hose and cooking away. No extra parts or alterations needed. All I can say is warm cozy and super comfortable. My wife says isn't it so cute. The double plush bed was everything we had hoped for.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20211014_181125.jpg  
__________________

GPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Hey all. Lazy Saturday watching a bit of football so I thought I'd put some things out there. We picked up our 17a in late October before the big rains and have had it out to the coast for a sunny and mild winter weekend. We are coming from 8 years with a pop up. Kids are getting bigger. They are still inside, but hopefully will get their wings soon and be pitching tents.

Just a couple of observations. Everything is put together to my expectations. We got a simplish unit, with the only major extras being the box, outdoor shower, Springfield pedestal, propane quick connect, storage hatch and kitchen window. My first hookup was done in the dark. Everything is pretty much the same as the pop up but no pop up��.

The stabilizer s go up and down very smoothly and quickly. Everything works as intended. Although almost ripped the awning putting it away the first time having coiled up the strap with a closepin and forgetting to remove it. Won't do that again. We have a foldable portable solar unit that hooks up simply to the batteries on the rear bumper.

Kids used the shower to rinse off after getting all sandy. That was really nice to have hot water. Propane water heater heat up beautifully and stayed hot/warm for a very long time. More storage than we can use. Well lite inside.

What I have noticed is that even being a small unit, it is still a beast to move vs. the pop up. I have to manually get it in from our narrowish urban street through a narrow opening. Using the manual dolly we had , I strained a shoulder one time, got pinned against a fence another trying to negotiate a very small and short incline. So I have a powermover ac5 dolly coming next week. No more injuries.

Also since we cook outside, we got the ranger 2. Very nice. Just disconnect the stock hose, and connect the escape quick connect hose and cooking away. No extra parts or alterations needed. All I can say is warm cozy and super comfortable. My wife says isn't it so cute. The double plush bed was everything we had hoped for.
Welcome to the Escape family!

Please take this in a positive manner. I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Please break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.

Thanks for listening,

Perry
__________________

__________________
Those who know everything use pens. Intelligent people use pencils.
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 16,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.
You don't have to be dyslexic to find long paragraphs hard to follow. I'm on a list where one fellow refuses to use caps and punctuation. I delete his posts without attempting to read.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You don't have to be dyslexic to find long paragraphs hard to follow. I'm on a list where one fellow refuses to use caps and punctuation. I delete his posts without attempting to read.
I just consider those who are so lazy to not use caps and punctuation not worth reading.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
Those who know everything use pens. Intelligent people use pencils.
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:17 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kent, Ohio
Trailer: 2017 21c Sold Bigfoot 25RQ on order
Posts: 909
No enjambed poetry on this site ��
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:20 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Boerne, Texas
Trailer: 2021 21C
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I just consider those who are so lazy
That should help recruit new members.
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: San Diego, California
Trailer: On waitlist for E17B 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Posts: 46
Hi GPS. Thanks for your post. Glad everything is working well for you. My wife and I are awaiting our 17B after 10 years camping with a PopUp. We're looking forward to less setup and a warmer interior, without worrying about wind. What are you towing your 17A with?
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
ghosthunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Posts: 160
Congratulations on your Escape.

We are a little north of you couple hundred miles. We bought a used 15 b back in May and are having a blast. No kids with us. We are empty nesters.

Good luck
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #9
GPS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 17A 2021
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Hi GPS. Thanks for your post. Glad everything is working well for you. My wife and I are awaiting our 17B after 10 years camping with a PopUp. We're looking forward to less setup and a warmer interior, without worrying about wind. What are you towing your 17A with?
Hey. We are towing with our town and country van. It does well enough so far. Mpg drop off is about 5 or 6 miles so that's not great, but having just dropped the cash for the trailer, it will have to do.

We do have a 1995 keep gc available to us, but the van is a much better travel vehicle. I can throw tables, chairs and coolers into that, hook up and and be on our way.

Depending on the size of your pop up, Id say give that tow vehicle a chance.
GPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #10
GPS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 17A 2021
Posts: 26
May our paths cross...
GPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delta, British Columbia
Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
Posts: 107
So glad that you are enjoying your new trailer. We have have had ours for 4 years and love it just as much as the first time we took it out. Still laugh about the beginner mistakes.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DFW, Texas
Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Posts: 1,060
So now we get blasted not using completely proper writing skills geezzzzzzz
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 16,572
i only point out that if you read your own post prior to submitting it, you will catch typos, etc. and correct them. If you are not clearly understood, then you are not communicating.

Nobody is getting blasted.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Hazelwood, Missouri
Trailer: 2021 5.0
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
i only point out that if you read your own post prior to submitting it, you will catch typos, etc. and correct them. If you are not clearly understood, then you are not communicating.

Nobody is getting blasted.
i think i should try and help you out, i believe it could be a good idea if i said-

Lighten up Francis, thinks i.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:30 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 7,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
So now we get blasted not using completely proper writing skills geezzzzzzz
Hi: Oldtimer... There'ssomethingireallywanttosayhere...but Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #16
P&L
Senior Member
 
P&L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tracy, California
Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Oldtimer... There'ssomethingireallywanttosayhere...but Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Totally agree. I loved hearing the excitement about owning a trailer!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Trailer: 21C (Oct 22)
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Welcome to the Escape family!

Please take this in a positive manner. I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Please break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.

Thanks for listening,

Perry
Dislexia Sucks!

Mine in mild but still a pain in the old toe.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
7Gentex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: CenTex, Texas
Trailer: 65 Avion T27 - sold and missed - now waiting on a 21C
Posts: 186
Nice to hear a report of enjoyment....!





And the Ranger 2 has twin 17k btu burners, wow!


That's Cooking with gas!
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:22 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Weston, Massachusetts
Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Posts: 55
SMH Clowns.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Everett, Washington
Trailer: 2022 21NE on order
Posts: 145
Thank you for your post. I love hearing about how people's new trailers are working out for them and their experience so far. Im going to look at the ranger 2 camp stove now!
__________________

MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×