New owner ramblings - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #1
GPS

Trailer: 17A 2021
New owner ramblings

Hey all. Lazy Saturday watching a bit of football so I thought I'd put some things out there. We picked up our 17a in late October before the big rains and have had it out to the coast for a sunny and mild winter weekend. We are coming from 8 years with a pop up. Kids are getting bigger. They are still inside, but hopefully will get their wings soon and be pitching tents. Just a couple of observations. Everything is put together to my expectations. We got a simplish unit, with the only major extras being the box, outdoor shower, Springfield pedestal, propane quick connect, storage hatch and kitchen window. My first hookup was done in the dark. Everything is pretty much the same as the pop up but no pop up😃. The stabilizer s go up and down very smoothly and quickly. Everything works as intended. Although almost ripped the awning putting it away the first time having coiled up the strap with a closepin and forgetting to remove it. Won't do that again. We have a foldable portable solar unit that hooks up simply to the batteries on the rear bumper. Kids used the shower to rinse off after getting all sandy. That was really nice to have hot water. Propane water heater heat up beautifully and stayed hot/warm for a very long time. More storage than we can use. Well lite inside. What I have noticed is that even being a small unit, it is still a beast to move vs. the pop up. I have to manually get it in from our narrowish urban street through a narrow opening. Using the manual dolly we had , I strained a shoulder one time, got pinned against a fence another trying to negotiate a very small and short incline. So I have a powermover ac5 dolly coming next week. No more injuries. Also since we cook outside, we got the ranger 2. Very nice. Just disconnect the stock hose, and connect the escape quick connect hose and cooking away. No extra parts or alterations needed. All I can say is warm cozy and super comfortable. My wife says isn't it so cute. The double plush bed was everything we had hoped for.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20211014_181125.jpg  
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #2

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Hey all. Lazy Saturday watching a bit of football so I thought I'd put some things out there. We picked up our 17a in late October before the big rains and have had it out to the coast for a sunny and mild winter weekend. We are coming from 8 years with a pop up. Kids are getting bigger. They are still inside, but hopefully will get their wings soon and be pitching tents.

Just a couple of observations. Everything is put together to my expectations. We got a simplish unit, with the only major extras being the box, outdoor shower, Springfield pedestal, propane quick connect, storage hatch and kitchen window. My first hookup was done in the dark. Everything is pretty much the same as the pop up but no pop up��.

The stabilizer s go up and down very smoothly and quickly. Everything works as intended. Although almost ripped the awning putting it away the first time having coiled up the strap with a closepin and forgetting to remove it. Won't do that again. We have a foldable portable solar unit that hooks up simply to the batteries on the rear bumper.

Kids used the shower to rinse off after getting all sandy. That was really nice to have hot water. Propane water heater heat up beautifully and stayed hot/warm for a very long time. More storage than we can use. Well lite inside.

What I have noticed is that even being a small unit, it is still a beast to move vs. the pop up. I have to manually get it in from our narrowish urban street through a narrow opening. Using the manual dolly we had , I strained a shoulder one time, got pinned against a fence another trying to negotiate a very small and short incline. So I have a powermover ac5 dolly coming next week. No more injuries.

Also since we cook outside, we got the ranger 2. Very nice. Just disconnect the stock hose, and connect the escape quick connect hose and cooking away. No extra parts or alterations needed. All I can say is warm cozy and super comfortable. My wife says isn't it so cute. The double plush bed was everything we had hoped for.
Welcome to the Escape family!

Please take this in a positive manner. I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Please break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.

Thanks for listening,

Perry
Old 12-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.
You don't have to be dyslexic to find long paragraphs hard to follow. I'm on a list where one fellow refuses to use caps and punctuation. I delete his posts without attempting to read.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You don't have to be dyslexic to find long paragraphs hard to follow. I'm on a list where one fellow refuses to use caps and punctuation. I delete his posts without attempting to read.
I just consider those who are so lazy to not use caps and punctuation not worth reading.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-04-2021, 11:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
No enjambed poetry on this site ��
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:20 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
I just consider those who are so lazy
That should help recruit new members.
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17B / 2021Toyota 4Runner
Hi GPS. Thanks for your post. Glad everything is working well for you. My wife and I are awaiting our 17B after 10 years camping with a PopUp. We're looking forward to less setup and a warmer interior, without worrying about wind. What are you towing your 17A with?
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Congratulations on your Escape.

We are a little north of you couple hundred miles. We bought a used 15 b back in May and are having a blast. No kids with us. We are empty nesters.

Good luck
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:53 AM   #9
GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Hi GPS. Thanks for your post. Glad everything is working well for you. My wife and I are awaiting our 17B after 10 years camping with a PopUp. We're looking forward to less setup and a warmer interior, without worrying about wind. What are you towing your 17A with?
Hey. We are towing with our town and country van. It does well enough so far. Mpg drop off is about 5 or 6 miles so that's not great, but having just dropped the cash for the trailer, it will have to do.

We do have a 1995 keep gc available to us, but the van is a much better travel vehicle. I can throw tables, chairs and coolers into that, hook up and and be on our way.

Depending on the size of your pop up, Id say give that tow vehicle a chance.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #10
GPS

May our paths cross...
Old 12-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
So glad that you are enjoying your new trailer. We have have had ours for 4 years and love it just as much as the first time we took it out. Still laugh about the beginner mistakes.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
So now we get blasted not using completely proper writing skills geezzzzzzz
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:04 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
i only point out that if you read your own post prior to submitting it, you will catch typos, etc. and correct them. If you are not clearly understood, then you are not communicating.

Nobody is getting blasted.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
i only point out that if you read your own post prior to submitting it, you will catch typos, etc. and correct them. If you are not clearly understood, then you are not communicating.

Nobody is getting blasted.
i think i should try and help you out, i believe it could be a good idea if i said-

Lighten up Francis, thinks i.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:30 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
So now we get blasted not using completely proper writing skills geezzzzzzz
Hi: Oldtimer... There'ssomethingireallywanttosayhere...but Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:05 AM   #16
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Oldtimer... There'ssomethingireallywanttosayhere...but Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Totally agree. I loved hearing the excitement about owning a trailer!
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #17

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Welcome to the Escape family!

Please take this in a positive manner. I'm dyslexic and it's really hard to read one long paragraph. Please break your thoughts into separate paragraphs.

Thanks for listening,

Perry
Dislexia Sucks!

Mine in mild but still a pain in the old toe.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #18

Trailer: 2022 E19
Nice to hear a report of enjoyment....!

And the Ranger 2 has twin 17k btu burners, wow!

That's Cooking with gas!
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #19

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
SMH Clowns.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #20

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Thank you for your post. I love hearing about how people's new trailers are working out for them and their experience so far. Im going to look at the ranger 2 camp stove now!
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote