New Trailer To-Do? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #21
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
I would test all your systems as if you were dry camping. Turns out our water pump wasn't installed correctly but we didn't discover that until much later.
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #22

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
I would test all your systems as if you were dry camping. Turns out our water pump wasn't installed correctly but we didn't discover that until much later.
Good point. I'm working my way through those sort of things.

Before adding or connecting water I turned the taps on and a bit of water came out which tells me that ETI did some sort of plumbing test.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:18 PM   #23
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
I usually advise new owners to copy ALL of the ETI maintenance videos onto a USB drive and keep it in the trailer (assuming you have a device you travel with that you can use it). Everything from tire pressure to replacing a sail switch - all very useful.

Also, if nobody has mentioned this yet, slide underneath and get pictures of the decals on your Dexter axles. From what I read on the forum here, Dexter is great to work with if you have an axle warranty issue, but they want the numbers off that sticker. Take one before they get too much road grime on them.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #24

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT6 View Post
I usually advise new owners to copy ALL of the ETI maintenance videos onto a USB drive and keep it in the trailer (assuming you have a device you travel with that you can use it). Everything from tire pressure to replacing a sail switch - all very useful.

Also, if nobody has mentioned this yet, slide underneath and get pictures of the decals on your Dexter axles. From what I read on the forum here, Dexter is great to work with if you have an axle warranty issue, but they want the numbers off that sticker. Take one before they get too much road grime on them.
Thanks for this. I've watched all of the videos but there are certainly some (i.e. hooking up WDH) that will be handy to have with me.

I'll be under the trailer tonight taking photos!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:00 PM   #25
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Most people don't yet more than a few end up having problems with locking wheels and flat spots on tires as a result because they didn't burnish in new trailer brakes. It's pretty easy:

Anyone happen to know if there is a place around Sumas, WA like a big vacant parking lot, where you can do this without being on the highway?
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote