No more after purchase modifications - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Family comes in all shapes and sizes. Ma and Pa may be gone, but a bunch of the kids are still here. There's something special about this forum, and all the help given, I feel like I gained a bunch of cousins when I bought Ten Forward.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
I also think this is sad. New owners of used trailers would not have the same loyalty if Escape does not support them. I have heard that some owners bring them in for tune ups is that now off the list. I would still buy an Escape but I would think about it a little longer knowing this change.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkavanagh View Post
I also think this is sad. New owners of used trailers would not have the same loyalty if Escape does not support them. I have heard that some owners bring them in for tune ups is that now off the list. I would still buy an Escape but I would think about it a little longer knowing this change.
I’m so hoping they are still doing tuneups/repairs. I live two hours from the factory and if I have something that’s need to get repaired I want to take my trailer back to Escape to have that done. I understand them not doing add ones after purchase, I’ve been up, twice to have that done. Last year when I took my 19 up to have the electric awning replaced with the Manual, backup camera added, usb outlets added and some more things. Escape asked to have my trailer for at least a week as my mods affected 5 different techs on their assembly line. Love my Escape!
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:12 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm taking my Escape into North Shore RV to have the fridge repaired. It's a three minute drive versus an hour and a quarter to ETI ( if traffic is light ).
ETi has done some after-purchase work for me, but I don't expect it, just because they used to be able to accommodate me.
Do you complain because Coca-Cola used to sell pop in six-ounce glass bottles and no longer does?
Old 07-11-2020, 06:12 AM   #45

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I’m so hoping they are still doing tuneups/repairs. I live two hours from the factory and if I have something that’s need to get repaired I want to take my trailer back to Escape to have that done. I understand them not doing add ones after purchase, I’ve been up, twice to have that done. Last year when I took my 19 up to have the electric awning replaced with the Manual, backup camera added, usb outlets added and some more things. Escape asked to have my trailer for at least a week as my mods affected 5 different techs on their assembly line. Love my Escape!
Wow, that sounds like a major renovation....was early 2019 or late 2019?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wow, that sounds like a major renovation....was early 2019 or late 2019?
It was mid May 2019.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sounds like we need a Larry Gamble, Little House Customs, guy to start up a business in Washington or Oregon. Larry worked on a number of Escapes. Oh, maybe Robert Johans since he's no longer involved with the Airstream Nest. Hummmm.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #48

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Many of us live too far away from ETI to utilize them for aftermarket stuff. We carefully chose our options to make sure anything that would be difficult aftermarket was done in the build.
There are very good RV shops and especially have found some excellent mobile RV folks that come right to the yard and are very capable. 95% of mods I do myself, but there are very good resources in most communities for things you can’t do.
ETI has to make business decisions as they grow and this makes sense to get out of the aftermarket arena from a business stand point. If they do move to a dealer network in US eventually, then the dealer you purchase from will take on the aftermarket role.

This is reality for us. I felt that once we left Chilliwack we would never go there again. We had 1 1/2 pages of options, but only one bugs me. We got the 170w solar panel on the rear, but now wish we would have purchased the front panel. On a 5.0 the rear panel angles to the rear and the front panel angles to the front. If your rear is north that angled panel receives less sun and the front panel more sun than if flat. It's my understanding that ETI did not fiberglass in the bracing for a front panel in our 5.0. At some point I will probably glue on some mounts for an additional 190w GoPower panel to give us 340 watts on the roof (I believe in this situation 170 + 190 = 340). And no, I don't want flexibles.

We have a seasonal site in Lanesboro, .8 mile from our condo. I know of a couple of very competent mobile RV repairmen that come to our campground who would be happy to install an outside shower or vent fans (we don't need either). Although this year they are so busy it may be hard to get an install.

If you think you want something put it on the build sheet, because it will cost you a whole lot more to add it after-the-fact.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

It's my understanding that ETI did not fiberglass in the bracing for a front panel in our 5.0. At some point I will probably glue on some mounts for an additional 190w GoPower panel to give us 340 watts on the roof (I believe in this situation 170 + 190 = 340). And no, I don't want flexibles.

Perry
Actually that doesn't sound to terribly hard to do. I had ETI add solar to Ten Forward four years after I purchased. I did order solar ready, but the panel is bolted through the upper rear cabinets so nothing shows into the interior. While working within the upper cabinets in the loft may be a bit of a PITA, it's doable. Good luck :thumb
Old 07-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
gbaglo.
Hello Glenn.
I guess I will take my 21 to North Shore RV when the time comes for brakes and other services.I used to feel that no one but Escape people would touch my trailer, but going to Chilliwack absorbs the whole day.Not doing any changes to this one, so just regular maintenance.Wife still misses the 17B.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #51

The only issue I have with NSRV is backing into the service bay, off the alley, with cars parked in the alley. I let them do it.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I was out ETI way yesterday, always nice to see a unit backed up to the front door and know folks are getting their orientation and about to head off on their first adventure.

Stopped in at Connor RV, just because I was in the area, and looked at their operation. Certainly a big operation and could probably handle just about anything. Good parts selection, which was good, cause these days I'm not by Camping World in Burlington very often, like never with the border closed.

I'm growing a little weary of the comments saying ETI is somehow ignoring their customers, blah, blah, blah. They have a warranty, they honor it. They make trailers, that's their business. What former owners did when the company was small is now irrelevant.

Heck, one of the most successful companies in the world started off with "you can any color as long as it's black". Can I take my F150 to Dearborn and ask them to retro-fit a 3.5 engine?

Enough whining about ETI.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #53

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I don't buy that argument.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:11 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I don't buy that argument.

Well, you could sell the Escape and buy a Forest River.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #55
Site Team

See kootenaigirl's info in post #1 and then more info in post #5. And lastly in post #8. What's so hard for some people to understand? It's not an argument. Still doubtful, place a call to ETI. Be sure to post here what you hear from ETI...
Old 07-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #56

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Do I have any other choices?

Hey Donna's sounds like a good idea! I have to call Dustin Monday anyway. I pulled on my new stove and it almost slide out. Still holding by one attachment point. No biggie.

I'll see if they have made any kind of official statement (or something) and post whatever I find.

One last point. This may be flexible at some point. There is quite a bit of business floating around out here. Someone could step up and provide something in conjunction with Escape. Or once Escape adjusts to their new work flow and inventory needs, they may choose to find a way to capture this business too. It might be fluid going forward.

It doesn't have to be negative.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Yah, the way some folks are carrying on you'd think that they just announced that they were going to stop making f.g. trailers and start making stickies cause there's more profit in it.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #58

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
I also noticed you have a 2012. Escape changed their molds in 2017, the sides of the trailers are flatter than on older trailers. So I suspect many of the items that they now stock for new mold trailers may not compatible with old mold trailers.
This was a concern for me when we got our 2016 19. I asked Reese specifically if they would still support/build the curved doors in case ours was badly damaged; he said they would. I wonder if the new Escape will still do this. Are there Canadian laws for RVs that require parts support for the future? I know there are for cars built in the US.

I think it would be hard to get a local fiberglass shop to manufacture a replacement door.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #59

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
I think it would be hard to get a local fiberglass shop to manufacture a replacement door.
Certainly tough at a cost that most people would be willing to pay.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
On the other hand, the 2nd G doors are available just about everywhere.......