No more after purchase modifications - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #61

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Have yet to hear of someone needing a new door. Why do people look for things to worry about.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #62

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
The screen door on our 2018 Escape 21 fell off The tmounting screws fell out because they were screwed into the light weight aluminum
Luckily I found a shop that fixed the door frame and replaced the lower screen
If your looking for someone that is glad that replacement doors are available , that would be me !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Have yet to hear of someone needing a new door. Why do people look for things to worry about.
I was thinking the same thing. And if the door was so badly damaged that it couldn't be repaired, and most f.g. can be, then maybe the rest of the trailer would be so banged up that it'd be a write-off.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #64

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Ron’s Escape Service

Hi Ron, I was just thinking that this issue would be a great opportunity to start a small business along the line of what Larry Gamble did with Casitas down in Texas. You do all kinds of great mods on your Escape and I think you would be perfect for starting up “ Ron’s Escape Service”
What do ya think
Steve
Starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:03 PM   #65

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
I'm not looking for something to worry about. But if one doesn't think it's possible for some goon at a gas station to back their pick-up into the side of the door....

Most fiberglass on the trailer is repairable, but the door is sooo unique that it would be hard to replace.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #66

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
On some older fiberglass trailers either door or trailer warps to where they don't fit right anymore. (Though it might be a lot to expect Escape to fix it after 40 years...)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #67
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post
I'm not looking for something to worry about. But if one doesn't think it's possible for some goon at a gas station to back their pick-up into the side of the door....

Most fiberglass on the trailer is repairable, but the door is sooo unique that it would be hard to replace.
Fiberglass can be repaired, even if pieces are missing. A door would be nothing compared to this. I'll have to look for the boler after it was painted. Better than new!
Attached Thumbnails
KyleNaylors-01.jpg   KyleNaylors-02.jpg   KyleNaylors-03.jpg   KyleNaylors-04.jpg   KyleNaylors-05.jpg  

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:47 PM   #68

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrightsteve View Post
Hi Ron, I was just thinking that this issue would be a great opportunity to start a small business along the line of what Larry Gamble did with Casitas down in Texas. You do all kinds of great mods on your Escape and I think you would be perfect for starting up “ Ron’s Escape Service”
What do ya think
Steve
I do a ton of volunteer work. I often have folks offering to pay me to do other types of work. I tell them, I'll work for free, but if it's for money you probably couldn't afford me. I'm retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fiberglass can be repaired, even if pieces are missing. A door would be nothing compared to this. I'll have to look for the boler after it was painted. Better than new!
Good example. Even a warped door could be repaired.

Or maybe that guy who~ might~back into the door in a gas station~ might~ also hit the gas pump causing a fire and incinerating the trailer. So then insurance would pay for a new one. So what's the big worry about?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:31 PM   #69

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Or his insurance would pay to fix the door, or write off the trailer, buying you a new one that has a door you can get a fridge through.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:04 AM   #70

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Yeah, and remember the rules too: It's Verboten to knock ETI 1 or ETI 2 in any way, shape or form. It can't be allowed!!
Old 07-16-2020, 06:32 AM   #71
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Yeah, and remember the rules too: It's Verboten to knock ETI 1 or ETI 2 in any way, shape or form. It can't be allowed!!
It's simple really. This is a privately owned forum. You agreed to the rules when you joined. "Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. "

No one from Escape Trailer Industries is mandated to read or respond to any forums posts here. IF you have a complaint about Escape (or any business), your best course of action is to take it up directly with THAT company.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #72

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
True Donna. I'm still pretty amazed at this transformation...
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 AM   #73

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is a commercial forum member in Kansas City area that buys destroyed fiberglass trailers and rebuilds/sell them. Even a couple of Escapes in the past. goes by "oldstation"
Old 07-16-2020, 08:00 AM   #74

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is a commercial forum member in Kansas City area that buys destroyed fiberglass trailers and rebuilds/sell them. Even a couple of Escapes in the past. goes by "oldstation"
That is his handy work I posted above. I personally would never, ever buy a trailer after that kind of damage but I admire the hard work and skill to repair something like that.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:46 PM   #75

Trailer: Airstream shopping for Escape
[QUOTE=Ron in BC;342959]

I don't think that there's anything unusual about ETI reaching that point. Most companies, when they're small and building the business, will do extra stuff but at some point that doesn't fit their business model and isn't in their best interests.

QUOTE]

Or some trailer companies such as Airstream have a large service center at the factory and will do all servicing, warranty or not and do any add ons if they are possible to do. They even have an over night campground at the factory.

It’s unfortunate Escape has chosen to not do Add ons. It was a sales feature to know you could have it done right at the place that built it,
Fiberglass Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberglass Fan View Post
It’s unfortunate Escape has chosen to not do Add ons. It was a sales feature to know you could have it done right at the place that built it,

Do you know this? Or are you just speculating, based on one post on this forum?
It's amazing how many times people on this forum get their knickers in a twist for no good reason.

I guess that's the nature of social media.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #77

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before but thought it might be useful for anyone thinking of taking their Escape back to the factory to get something added/updated.

I contacted Escape regarding getting a few of the current options added to my used Escape and this was the response
“I am sorry we have stopped doing after market modifications and are focusing on the manufacturing side of the business.”

I did clarify that this is not due to covid it is ongoing.

Too bad as that was the nice benefit with Escapes that you could take them back to get work done where they know our trailers really well and you knew they would do a good job.
Wha- is this fake?
Old 07-18-2020, 12:33 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Do you know this? Or are you just speculating, based on one post on this forum?
It's amazing how many times people on this forum get their knickers in a twist for no good reason.

I guess that's the nature of social media.
I have no reason to believe the original post is not factual. Has Escape advised you differently?

If so please set the record straight with the facts as you know then.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:54 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberglass Fan View Post
I have no reason to believe the original post is not factual. Has Escape advised you differently?

If so please set the record straight with the facts as you know then.

I have no communication with ETI. My trailer is currently in the shop at North Shore RV Centre for fridge fix.

Perhaps the original post is factual, but perhaps there are reasons why the request was denied. That doesn't mean a universal change of policy.

If you have information to back up your assertion, please post. At this point, it appears you are making assumptions.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #80

Hummm given your response I would suggest I am not the only party making assumptions. ;-)

This post was not the first time BTW I had heard that this was the new policy at Escape. Had another Escape owner tell me this several weeks ago as they know I am close to deciding if I am going to go back to fiberglass and what brand I may go with. They felt it was something I should know about in regards to a change in policy at Escape as they are aware I have used the Escape factory in the past for repairs and add ons etc. They indicated the same as the OP. They needed to take their trailer elsewhere to have an add on and a small repair done. No reason to disbelieve them anymore than I have to disbelieve the OP.

Unless you or someone else has something official from Escape suggesting otherwise I am probable not going to change my assumption that both parties are sharing factual info based on their actual experience.