No more after purchase modifications - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Also bathroom windows and fans were not done...and I had asked about a bathroom fan and was told no...
Bathroom fan and window can be done DIY if you are so inclined, competent with tools (or know someone who is) and ETI will sell you the necessary parts. Unfortunately your typical RV dealer isn't going to know the particulars of molded fiberglass trailers. I would have more trust in a specialty shop like Little House Customs that work on Casitas.
Window:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post184287
Fan:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post183319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
...and perhaps changing the arrangement of the tandem propane tanks to accomodate a storage box
If front storage isn't possible then maybe consider a rear mounted box
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post145597
Old 07-10-2020, 11:31 AM   #22

Trailer: Looking for 15b
TTMartin this is still listed as an option for new trailers
Additional set of Rear Upper LED Brake/Signal Lights +$150.00

It didn’t seem to be related to the specifics of what I wanted but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a different response.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Sounds like we need a Larry Gamble, Little House Customs, guy to start up a business in Washington or Oregon. Larry worked on a number of Escapes. Oh, maybe Robert Johans since he's no longer involved with the Airstream Nest. Hummmm.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Many of us live too far away from ETI to utilize them for aftermarket stuff. We carefully chose our options to make sure anything that would be difficult aftermarket was done in the build.
There are very good RV shops and especially have found some excellent mobile RV folks that come right to the yard and are very capable. 95% of mods I do myself, but there are very good resources in most communities for things you can’t do.
ETI has to make business decisions as they grow and this makes sense to get out of the aftermarket arena from a business stand point. If they do move to a dealer network in US eventually, then the dealer you purchase from will take on the aftermarket role.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
TTMartin this is still listed as an option for new trailers
Additional set of Rear Upper LED Brake/Signal Lights +$150.00

It didn’t seem to be related to the specifics of what I wanted but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a different response.

They are listed as standard equipment on the Escape 19, but, they aren't the lights beside the window you're thinking about. I asked about it and as I said they are combined with the marker lights. So, where ever you saw it listed as an option, it might be the same thing, not lights by the window, but, combined with the rear upper marker lights.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #26

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
I wondered when this would show up. Sounds like they've gone the way of most companies.....once we've sold it, we don't want to see it again. That's really too bad. I guess the owness is now on the purchaser to make damn sure they get the stuff they want on the trailer prior to signing a purchase agreement. And, if they can't come to an agreement, the purchaser has to decide if they want to proceed with an Escape, or look elsewhere. End of an era.......

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Internet Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
I also noticed you have a 2012. Escape changed their molds in 2017, the sides of the trailers are flatter than on older trailers. So I suspect many of the items that they now stock for new mold trailers may not compatible with old mold trailers.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
I also noticed you have a 2012. Escape changed their molds in 2017, the sides of the trailers are flatter than on older trailers. So I suspect many of the items that they now stock for new mold trailers may not compatible with old mold trailers.
The mold change would not impact the outside shower nor bath fan. But upon further reading the op wanted 3 items: solar, additional high mounted brake.turn lights, and o/s shower. The solar definitely can not be added after production as there are blocks added during the build for solar panel on the roof. Original smaller solar panels mounted amidships did not have blocks, but when they went bigger, blocks are now added for the solar attachment. The additional upper tail lights are moot as the present upper lights serve both and the mold change impacts that.. The op wants the older style vertical on each side of the window mounted. That really would be hard to do after production without damaging the interior wall coating. Also the new mold has indent on top for lights, the op's would not have those indents. So in summary, only the shower could be accomplished, if they wanted,
Old 07-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuthatchBC View Post
I wondered when this would show up. Sounds like they've gone the way of most companies.....once we've sold it, we don't want to see it again. That's really too bad. I guess the owness is now on the purchaser to make damn sure they get the stuff they want on the trailer prior to signing a purchase agreement. And, if they can't come to an agreement, the purchaser has to decide if they want to proceed with an Escape, or look elsewhere. End of an era.......

Doug
I tend to agree. The company is moving further and further away from the customer focused model that Reace and Tammy had worked so hard to develop. As time goes on, there are fewer and fewer ways to differentiate Escape Industries from any other trailer manufacturer out there.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I tend to agree. The company is moving further and further away from the customer focused model that Reace and Tammy had worked so hard to develop. As time goes on, there are fewer and fewer ways to differentiate Escape Industries from any other trailer manufacturer out there.
But the choices now are almost unlimited now on interior color choices and combo's between maple and oak, no more $600 custom floor ordering....
Old 07-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #31

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post

No surprise there.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:47 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
But the choices now are almost unlimited now on interior color choices and combo's between maple and oak, no more $600 custom floor ordering....
I agree that there have been some improvements (and I appreciate them), but the business model has definitely undergone a shift to a more corporate less personal, less service oriented style.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
I've got an Escape 19 on order and have a couple options that I guarantee no other company would even think about doing. I don't feel at liberty to disclose what they are at this time, but, as my build pictures come in, they will become obvious.
Can't wait to see these pics.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #34

Quote:
I can tell you Escape is far different than any other manufacturer. They have been simply fantastic. Please don't jump to conclusions based on people with 8 year old trailers complaining that Escape wont add options to them.
I don't think anyone is saying that if you buy new that Escape isn't fantastic and still a great value among trailers. I think that some of the early owners just got used to the very personal level of after-sales customer service than one might expect to receive today. Aftermarket adds were regularly done and I personally received phone calls and emails from Reace (the founder and ex-president) to make sure I was comfortable with the particulars of two installations (bath window and front cot). I can see that long time owners (many that knew Tammy and Reace personally) might feel a little nostalgic and wish Escape was never sold. It just wasn't sustainable. The company was growing and becoming harder to manage like a small family business.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #35

Trailer: Looking for 15b
TTMartin, I can see you are relatively new here and apparently have no concept of what Escape industries did in the past and that many of us have had several Escapes newer and older and all were welcome back for upgrades.
If you read my first post you will see that I was not ‘complaining’ I was giving people (of which there are many) that go back to the factory for add on’s a heads up that this may not be in their business model anymore,

There are many 40-50 year fiberglass trailers still on the road, a 2012 is a mere baby. You are maybe confusing them with stickies
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Do you realize that Reese still has involvement with the company? He didn't sell the company outright.
That's news to me. See post #1 in this thread.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post302003
Old 07-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #37

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Do you realize that Reese still has involvement with the company? He didn't sell the company outright.

I did not know that! Can you expand on this? Is he still a partner?

Speaking for me (and my MBA) this is how I feel. If true, which has not been verified by a company statement, this lowers the value statement of the company to me. Part of the allure is the idea you are welcomed when you show up. You are part of a family. I would probably put in a Battleborn battery option for over 5K if they offered it to me. So this is a loss. I understand a VC company bought it to expand and increase value. I get that too.

But this may affect Goodwill which incidentally shows up as a line item on a Balance sheet. It's there for a reason.

Generally in life I am a boondocker. I don't generally join clubs or gather at the Elks club. I go it alone. It takes a lot to get me to feel warmth for a company. I would go to Osoyoos to be part of the family. But now doubt begins to creep into that too. It's a slippery slope, particularly for purists. Quiet ones.

Did things change in my heart? Maybe a little. We'll have to see what a little time shows us. Goodwill is real! Great companies are fleeting.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #38

You guys are too fast. Here I was preparing a response for deletion and boom 2 more jumped on the bandwagon.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Thanks Jon, I shall check it out. I would also like a window so I could run a hose through it to the toilet, however I can live without one.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
I have decided I don’t want a big box on the back for me, because I am a bit low to the ground anyway and curbs are real challenge. And the tire and the battery box don’t leave room for a whole heck of a lot.��