November Was A Bad Month - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #1

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
November Was A Bad Month

November was a bad month.
Nov 1 Received my second shingles shot and was sick for two days.

Nov 5 Lost my equalibrium for the second time in a month so off to the ER.

Nov 7 Heart was beating at 30 bpm so had a pacemaker installed.

Nov 16 Got my flu shot and sure enough, sick for a couple of days.

Nov 24 Terry tested positive for covid, I was sick with something (RSV?), but had negative tests for the next few days.

Nov 29 Now I'm sick with something else, sure enough it's covid.

For the first two weeks after the implant the doc's don't want you to move or lift much. I pretty much spent the entire month either sick or just sitting around so the pacemaker wires attach to my heart properly. At 73, one spends alone time wondering about their mortality.

Terry and I previously had owned a 2003 Bigfoot 25RQ that we had regretted selling in a two camper deal with a friend. Big Mistake! We also knew in about five years we were going to get another 25RQ Bigfoot.

Terry and I were sitting around Thankgiving weekend, me with ?, and Terry with covid, when Terry suggested we move the timetable up and start looking for a Bigfoot we could afford. Previously, it took us two years to find our 2003 at a decent price.

First we found a 2005 in Colorado, but upon viewing the pictures it appeared it had always been sitting outside, not washed, peeling decals, and had lots of chalky residue, way more than was on our 2003. Inside it was in great shape, but we decided we wanted newer. Newer used Bigfoots without the heavy front box that extends the camper to nearly 28 feet are hard to find. However I did find a 2016 in near perfect shape on consignment at a Bigfoot dealer, that comes with a 60 day warranty.

We won't go without a camper again, so I put our 5.0 up for sale and was shocked at the interest. We decided to buy the 25RQ and hoped one of the interested parties would buy in December. The final money transfer happened yesterday. We leave on January 5th to pick up our 25RQ near Vancover, head to camp with Oldwave in Portand for a couple of days, and then to Death Valley to meet with friends and start our winter trip.

I only have good things to say about our 5.0. Escape's build was perfect. The only problems weren't Escapes, and having 15 previous campers know what can happen. Our 5.0 is the most reliable camper we've ever owned!

November sucked! However, I slowly have come back to the person I want to be in my retirement. About a week ago I knew I was back and didn't feel "old" anymore. I want to thank those who commented on my for sale post with their concerns, but again, I now feel great!

Owning so many campers I've belonged to many forums. The Lance Forum could be downright abusive, with literally zero moderation. This Escape Forum is the best foum I've been a member, with the Fiberglass RV Forum a close second. I especially want to thank Donna D. and Janet H for their time and effort, plus the other moderators who work behind the scenes.

I really don't plan on leaving the Escape Forum and feel I can still contribute. There are others here who never or don't own Escapes anymore that provide input, especially Brian B-P. Brian has a wealth of knowledge.

Life Is Good,

Perry
Old 12-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Glad to hear you are on the mend and have kicked November to the curb! I hope 2023 is a wonderful year and you enjoy absolutely every minute of it. It's most excellent you want to stick around here on the EscapeForum too.!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #3

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I had two friends right at 60 both have pacemakers "installed" over the past 3-4 months due to a low heart rate. Both are doing great!

Toss November 2022 in the waste bin. It's history. Have a Happy New Year!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 01:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Live in the moment

We're all a heartbeat away from the Grim Reaper, so although that is saccharine advice, it rings true. And many of us on the forum are getting up there in the years, with the medical issues starting to come on strong.
And so it goes.

Bon voyage, Perry, and stay well.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 E19
Congrats on your sale and your purchase, and double congrats on "not feeling old" again!

I was ill practically all of November with the double shot of flu-like viruses as well. Never tested, but the second one probably was Covid IMO; I had a low grade fever for 9 or 10 days straight.

Happy Camping!
Old 12-28-2022, 05:21 PM   #6

Trailer: A future 5.0, 2024 Ram 1500
So glad to hear you won't be leaving the forum Perry! You are one of the top resources here and I've not only learned a lot from you, but also fully enjoy your posts. Glad to hear you are feeling much better.
Old 01-03-2023, 12:38 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 None
Glad to hear you are back in the saddle. That 25 bigfoot looks like it has a nice bathroom/shower. If you don't mind me asking...Did you get the twin bed? And congratulations on the sale/buy!
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:03 PM   #8

Trailer: WTB: E19
Good to hear this Perry. Drive safe and have a great winter trip.

Bill