Now I really understand - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Now I really understand

We spent a lot of time planning the build of our 5.0TA late last year. When we picked it up in April we drove straight home to Texas and other than a brief trip back to New Mexico for a funeral it's been sitting in a dusty storage yard all summer.

Now we are finally able to really begin our adventures with it, we brought it home today to prep for leaving next week on a month long trip to Utah. As I was washing it, it really sunk in just how strong an emotional reaction our Escape inspires in us - we are constantly looking at each other, grinning, and saying "wow, this is a REALLY nice trailer!".

Every system fired up and worked perfectly on the first try after months in storage. Almost all of our modifications are done - well, at least the ones we know about to this point... and we are looking forward to a fantastic camping experience and being able to boondock in places that our old rig wasn't really suited for.

When we first discovered Escape one of the things that impressed me the most was how many devoted owners there are who seemed to really love their trailer. Now I understand!
Old 09-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
Us too!
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
it really sunk in just how strong an emotional reaction our Escape inspires in us - we are constantly looking at each other, grinning, and saying "wow, this is a REALLY nice trailer!".
We were insanely busy with projects for a few months but had planned on ordering a new trailer. So when the discount was announced and M. said that it would be a good time to order I was like "ya, whatever". Went out ordered and got back to being busy.

Now the trailer is in the driveway and we're having the same reaction. Kind of surprising given that it's not our first Escape.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
We spent a lot of time planning the build of our 5.0TA late last year. When we picked it up in April we drove straight home to Texas and other than a brief trip back to New Mexico for a funeral it's been sitting in a dusty storage yard all summer.

Now we are finally able to really begin our adventures with it, we brought it home today to prep for leaving next week on a month long trip to Utah. As I was washing it, it really sunk in just how strong an emotional reaction our Escape inspires in us - we are constantly looking at each other, grinning, and saying "wow, this is a REALLY nice trailer!".

Every system fired up and worked perfectly on the first try after months in storage. Almost all of our modifications are done - well, at least the ones we know about to this point... and we are looking forward to a fantastic camping experience and being able to boondock in places that our old rig wasn't really suited for.

When we first discovered Escape one of the things that impressed me the most was how many devoted owners there are who seemed to really love their trailer. Now I understand!
I have local trips planned through early March including to the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. So far since returning home averaging a trip about every 2 1/2 weeks. Leaving Monday for three days at the nearby lake on the Savannah. What I'm really looking forward to if I can get the necessary reservations is a trip to northeastern Arizona and southeastern Utah in the late Spring. Same part of the country your headed to.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and discovered that the trailer would fit on the pad in front of the garage and we still had room to use the garage. I get to visit the trailer two or three times a day. I don't know if I have quite the emotional attachment that some people have but the thing has made a positive difference in my life. A very positive difference.
If you get a chance hit Muley Point and the Natural Bridges National Monument.
Safe Trip
Old 09-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I have always been a camping fanatic. I love the outdoors, biking, hikes hanging out at the beach. I had 2 tent trailers, 2 non tow leaky stickies at the beach (cottages) and #5 a Trillium 4500 and #6 an Escape 17B. I have looked at all the trailers on the market, Gulfstream, Lance, Starcraft, RPod, there all junk.
I just loved the Escape, such a beautiful trailer, towed across the western mountain ranges without issue. I really miss that trailer, I almost went to buy it back. The family that bought it decided it was to small. I think we’re going to order our last trailer we ever own a 19’
Old 09-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21
We are n our camper right now, and mentioned how much we love it. It’s so nice! Best thing we’ve ever done.

We picked it up in April, and have camped not quite every other week since. Living in Indiana, we’ve got a pretty long timeframe to camp. If it’s too hot, we camp in Northern Wisconsin and Michigan. Then towards Florida when it gets cooler. All states in between, too.

But we are going to cover our trailer in November, for a family break. It’ll probably be March until we get back to camping again. Maybe to the east coast.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #7

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
..." wow, this is a REALLY nice trailer!"...
My reaction too when I saw your pictures on facebook.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
............ As I was washing it, it really sunk in just how strong an emotional reaction our Escape inspires in us - we are constantly looking at each other, grinning, and saying "wow, this is a REALLY nice trailer!".............!

David, We've had ours for 4 years, and....we're still grinning like that.
( Injury Caution: if you pinch yourself too much (like each time you go camping) it leads to severe bruising. )
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote