Oak vs maple - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me@42659 View Post
We wanted maple but when we found there is no back splash with maple on the kitchen counter we went to oak glad we did ours is a 5.0
Thanks for that info. It came in the nick of time. We're on our second Escape and had no idea about the back splash.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:10 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Jay to our little Escape world. See post #18 here and ask the factory about options available, they make it easy to customize your new home....
Old 03-12-2020, 08:35 AM   #23

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Having owned 4 oak Escapes, if there were to be a number#5 it would be the maple with the dark floor and countertops and different upholstery.....

I agree! Although we are only on our second, we went with different upholstery, the lighter and more neutral maple interior, and loved the contrast of the acrylic inserts. We also went with the darker floor, and a nice neutral patterned countertop. The idea here is a tranquil coastal theme.
NYH- you won’t go wrong with either choice of wood. They are both beautiful in their own way.

Some photos of our trailer being built:
Attached Thumbnails
A436A68C-5010-4BC0-9DAF-A813D88D9434.jpeg   2F4AA801-A414-4293-B8CF-142DC8728FFE.jpeg   F7F86438-5A3F-44CF-99D3-3B732124D089.jpeg   458FC242-72CB-4BC8-B7E5-C13E9619E216.jpeg  
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:35 AM   #24

Trailer: na
Quote:
Welcome Jay to our little Escape world. See post #18 here and ask the factory about options available, they make it easy to customize your new home....
Thanks Jim, I'm a serial lurker except when I can offer something worthwhile. Yes, options seem limitless.. If only my cash supply had the same quality.
J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #25

Artlady,
Does Escape now partition the rear cushions or did you specify that? Really nice looking....
Old 03-12-2020, 11:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Artlady,
Does Escape now partition the rear cushions or did you specify that? Really nice looking....
Thanks! We had to specifically ask for that modification. Although, we purchased our trailer just as a bunch of new colors for the floor and countertops were being added, as well as different options as standard.
So it may be that splitting the rear cushions could be standard now.

I have to post some information later about the upholstery that we used. I spent weeks researching upholstery fabrics, especially faux leather versus vinyl. Vinyl, many faux leathers, along with many other upholstery fabrics, have quite a few chemicals in them which may be harmful.

Having had two different serious cancers, and being immuno-suppressed, I wanted to go as pure and non-chemical as possible. Hence, I went with Brisa original polyurethane faux leather. Unfortunately it was quite expensive, but worth it. Some people may be lucky enough to find an eBay supplier that may have it. But that’s a hit or miss situation.

Anyway, I love the Brisa upholstery feel, and the color. It truly is like butter and quite soft! We can’t wait to pick up the trailer in April. Now I just have to figure out how to get up inside it....
Old 03-12-2020, 11:59 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
It looks really great! Love your choices!
Old 03-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Love it, Artlady, nice combination.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Love your choice for fabric !Very light And bright and calming ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #30
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
I agree! Although we are only on our second, we went with different upholstery, the lighter and more neutral maple interior, and loved the contrast of the acrylic inserts. We also went with the darker floor, and a nice neutral patterned countertop. The idea here is a tranquil coastal theme.
NYH- you won’t go wrong with either choice of wood. They are both beautiful in their own way.

Some photos of our trailer being built:
Hi Artladay, So beautiful!! Love your 'tranquil coastal theme'! Looks so relaxing...great design. Have fun accessorizing. Mods are fun but so is decorating! Enjoy, Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:47 PM   #31

Trailer: 2019 escape 19' with 2012 Chevy 1500
We have the Maple int. and love it!!!
j3cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 AM   #32

Trailer: Escape RV 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Yes, I do.
How' you do this?
vtskiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtskiguy View Post
How' you do this?
Welcome Brian, to our Escape world. If you get a chance to peruse the modifications thread some owners have installed LED lights in the cabinets which operate on a color changing switch.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #34

Trailer: In the market for a 23
Quote:

I have to post some information later about the upholstery that we used. I spent weeks researching upholstery fabrics, especially faux leather versus vinyl. Vinyl, many faux leathers, along with many other upholstery fabrics, have quite a few chemicals in them which may be harmful.

Having had two different serious cancers, and being immuno-suppressed, I wanted to go as pure and non-chemical as possible. Hence, I went with Brisa original polyurethane faux leather. Unfortunately it was quite expensive, but worth it. Some people may be lucky enough to find an eBay supplier that may have it. But that’s a hit or miss situation.

Anyway, I love the Brisa upholstery feel, and the color. It truly is like butter and quite soft! We can’t wait to pick up the trailer in April. Now I just have to figure out how to get up inside it....
Artlady, really like the decor you chose, is that Millcreek Axel and Silver Quartzite?
I'd really be interested in hearing about the different fabrics you researched. We like the Chinchilla standard fabric option but didn't realize it could be harmful.
TurtleBunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #35

PU fabrics

I appreciate all of the comments. Thank you! Yes, we chose the Mill creek axle flooring, and the Silver quartzite Formica. I thought the movement in the countertops resembled sand and sand dunes, and the flooring represented coastal wood that had grayed in the sun.

Regarding the polyurethane, PVC-free fabric, I have to thank Nrgetic4!
Lisa and Pete Kindly took time out of their busy schedules not only to show us their trailer in person, but answer incessant questions I had about their choice and resources, as well as how to set up the lounge area from the dinette.

They had chosen the Brisa Mineral color, which I thought was stunning! It’s like a muted turquoise. Goes well with many shades of blues and aqua.

Lisa explained about some of the dangerous chemicals in vinyl and other fabrics, so I researched different kinds of fabrics for several weeks.
I finally came back to the Brisa original faux leather fabrics, which Lisa had suggested in the first place. Some of the turquoise and blue fabrics were either too bright or too dark for our tastes, so we went with the Mineral color choice, having seen it in person.

Be aware that the colors you see on the computer screen are much different than what they are in person! Try to get samples whenever you can. For example, Mineral looks like a pale green-grey on my computer screen. But in person it was a beautiful subdued turquoise! It looks better in these photos above, too.

Turtle, your choice of Chinchilla is actually one of the PVC-free polyurethane (PU) faux leather fabrics that don’t have those harmful chemicals! You would need to check the specifications of any other color and fabric brand choice offered by Escape.

Also, keep in mind that you have the choice of a full wrap of this fabric versus putting vinyl on the back. We paid extra to have a full wrap.

I’ll post more of my research and tips about chemicals and PVC-free fabrics under a new thread this weekend. (I have to find my notes for specific terms, chemicals, and companies that carry the chemical-free fabrics.)
Hope this helps!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #36

PS

We also intend on putting up our own backsplash. Something to go with our theme.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #37

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
backsplash

Quote:
We also intend on putting up our own backsplash. Something to go with our theme.
We were wondering about that too..what will you use? How attach? etc THx in advance.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #38

backsplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
We were wondering about that too..what will you use? How attach? etc THx in advance.
Great questions! The short answer is, I don’t know yet. I usually research things ad nauseam, so this will be my next project.

If you search for the term “backsplash“, several threads pop up. Take a look at those, and see if they give you any good ideas.
- I’ll have to research flammability, chemicals, etc. Will post as I find out. Likewise, if you find any good information, please share it!
Old 03-13-2020, 11:28 AM   #39

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Quote:
Great questions! The short answer is, I don’t know yet. I usually research things ad nauseam, so this will be my next project.

If you search for the term “backsplash“, several threads pop up. Take a look at those, and see if they give you any good ideas.
- I’ll have to research flammability, chemicals, etc. Will post as I find out. Likewise, if you find any good information, please share it!
You guys might like what you can do with SmartTiles. Ours looks as good as the day I installed it in 2016.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...lash-9218.html
Old 03-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #40

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Adele, It was our PLEASURE to help !!!
We also want to put in a good word for “Smart Tiles” and love our backsplash