Okay, so I got this thing for guitars - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
Me, I take an Acoustic. And only play during the day.

For travelling, the guitar rides in it's case, wrapped in blanket, on the bed.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Me, I take an Acoustic. And only play during the day.

For travelling, the guitar rides in it's case, wrapped in blanket, on the bed.
I use my bed for me, the guitar gets stowed beside the bed in our trailer.

And while I do enjoy playing during the day, especially for practice, around the campfire is a great place to play, getting everyone singing along is always fun.

Mind you, I do need to get more back into playing again, I have really backed off in the last few years.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Well it sounds like there are a bunch of guitar players out there. That's good!

My problem is I have such a high investment in my skills and I really want to keep them tack sharp. Besides playing has never been as good as it is now.

I will play at a campfire until people tell me to stop, but that represents less than a tenth of one percent of the time I spend on a guitar. For me this is a way of life. I could not possibly cut back without causing a train wreck somewhere in my head.

So I have to figure this out. I think the best strategy is to let the weekend at the rally play out as it will and to not worry about it. As I go along I should start to figure out what I can do and where I need to go to do it. One of the reasons I want this new lifestyle is to be more social. I tend to lock myself away and isolate myself. So I need a new balance point now.

All of these comments help me to begin to understand and I hope to meet some of you as we go. We are not sure what we are stepping into but are eager to start. Keep the comments coming, they all have meaning.

Thanks.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I”ll take the music from a well played acoustic guitar any day over the noise and obnoxious fumes emanating from a “ QUIET” generator .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Your passion for you music is admirable but it is possible as your start escaping in your Escape, that too will become your passion. Then you maybe torn, do I camp or play music. I used to ride Harley motorcycles, a solitary passion. But traded in my last Harley for a tow vehicle to tow a trailer, I chose a new passion. Life is full of opportunities, that is the "dash" shown on your gravestone, make the most of that dash.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:31 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
I’ve seen posted campground rules that any amplified music must not be heard outside the boundaries of your own campsite. I think that is a pretty common campground rule.

Out of curiosity I just did a google search using “amplified music campground rules”. Lots of hits

For example. Derby Reach Camping Rules & Etiquette 2013 - Metro ...
Metro Vancouver - Home › services › parks › ParksPublications › DERCa...
Generators must be well muffled and are only permitted to operate between the hours of 9 am to 11 am, and 6 pm to 8 pm. Amplified music is not permitted. 13. No camping party member may leave or enter the campsite during the hours the Regional Park is closed, except in an emergency
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Your passion for you music is admirable but it is possible as your start escaping in your Escape, that too will become your passion. Then you maybe torn, do I camp or play music. I used to ride Harley motorcycles, a solitary passion. But traded in my last Harley for a tow vehicle to tow a trailer, I chose a new passion. Life is full of opportunities, that is the "dash" shown on your gravestone, make the most of that dash.
Hi: cpaharley2008... As the Newfoundlanders say... "You pays your money... and takes your choose"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #28

I hope I made it clear I have the most quiet acoustic guitar in existence. Plugged in, it becomes quite another guitar all together. Unplugged, it is half the volume of any other acoustic out there and super sweet. I know that will work, even outside. Inside the cabin my voice is the concern.

If I even cut back a little on music, my wife (rightly so) would immediately ask me if my mission has changed. It has not. She has been supportive thru this for a long time. I not only play, I am an internationally known music theory expert. At least I get introduced that way. This is way more than a passing affair. Sorry to brag.

I have been camping all my life and although I have less than 20,000 miles, all of it is walking or guiding a whitewater boat. I got the outdoor thing figured out in spades. It's the social aspects as well as the insulating cabin I am currently without experience in.

And in every instance, my regard has been for my fellow person and not myself. I think that ethic will serve me well in a campground. It always has.

So I will tip toe into this and let the situation tell me. It always does. The real questions is; will I be listening.

Thanks everyone. This helps pass the time while I await my pick up date.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #29

As i mentioned in your other thread re: generators, more than 1/3 of those 90,000 towing miles involved attending rallies in Osoyoos and/or picking up our new Escapes. I really enjoy socialization at rallies and the sight of 180 Escapes all in one place as well as placing faces to screen names is a great way to socialize. I highly recommend you schedule your completion near the rally time next May, it is about a 3 hour drive east from Chilliwack and bring a bike, the place is huge. I guarantee once you attend one you will be a repeater, we have attended 4 times and Jim B and Glenn I think just about every rally( course they are "locals" as we say) but my point of this rambling is the socialization that takes place at these rallies....they are a lot of fun.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #30

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I have a site request in now.

We are taking the advice of this forum (and you) and have scheduled our pick up date to allow us to attend this rally. I hope to meet you there. I will have a guitar no one has seen before. A quiet one!
Most people like me, but they like my wife better.

I have already made all the reservations for coming home too. When I get there, I intend to be a lot smarter than I am right now. Thanks in large part to these conversations.

Totally up for the fun!

I am very curious about catching the rally fever. Generally I am not a joiner, but my heart is racing just thinking about it.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #31

Just remember to be flexible on those reservations going home. The weather can play havoc, it did for us going thru Motana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa this year on our return trip. The nice thing with your Escape is you have everything you need already. We stopped at a picnic area for lunch and made sandwiches and a rest stop to sleep as we dodged storms going home. We do not make any reservations other than our destination, as we do not know where we will be....wanderlost!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but I have a site request in now.

We are taking the advice of this forum (and you) and have scheduled our pick up date to allow us to attend this rally. I hope to meet you there. I will have a guitar no one has seen before. A quiet one!
Most people like me, but they like my wife better.

I have already made all the reservations for coming home too. When I get there, I intend to be a lot smarter than I am right now. Thanks in large part to these conversations.

Totally up for the fun!

I am very curious about catching the rally fever. Generally I am not a joiner, but my heart is racing just thinking about it.
Hi: UncleTim...I've seen one like that. It was an "Air guitar"!!! I played a lot on the tennis racket till my mom said "Keep the racket down". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #33

Another great point! We only made reservation at Lake Pend Oreille. From there I can easily find our way home. Yellowstone is one of my favorite destinations and I got secret spots all along the way. Both sides of the Wind River and Absaroka ranges.

It's the northern camping where I need to pay attention. I think this is the best suggestion of all, so far. Thank you Jim.

If you live in Chiliwack, why did you travel thru Iowa to go home? Did I get that right?

If I can't make it to the lake we will boondock and call ahead to release the site. I am very anxious to stop and do nothing while weather blows over.

We did that at Hovenweep a few years back and all the RV owners asked us to come over and look at their rigs. It was raining that day and you can only look at ruins for half a day. Anyway we met everyone, drank some wine. and then one guys came over to me and said "you can't leave till you see my Escape 19". That's how this all started.

Lovely people, all of them.

As for tennis racket tricks, I am rolling my eyes now. This guitar could also be an effective canoe paddle too.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #34

Trailer: 2018 19'
I am not a rally type person but have somehow attended quite a few. Have enjoyed every single one. Last years escape rally was really nice & lots of great folks. Have also enjoyed dome rock gathering & hope to attend this year as well. The best part is meeting wonderful folks who share the camping wanderlust.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
UncleTim, you are welcome to camp next to me anytime! As long as you play at least one Led Zepplin song. I just watched (for the gallionth time) Heart's cover of Stairway to Heaven performed at the Kennedy Center Honors in 2012. As usual, it made me cry. Check out YouTube and have the tissues handy.

YouTube videos can either lift your spirits, or make you cry!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #36

Learning some guitar parts now.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #37

Wow! I am now a MEMBER. The Junior has been removed.

Do I talk too much?
Old 12-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Fender Tele Acoustasonic

What an awesome guitar!! Had this been out 15 years ago I probably would have bought that vs. my Gibson J-185.

We met Nick van Hofwegen (Young & Sick band) at Karchner Caverns S.P.; he was taking a train from L.A. to FLA to meet with his manager. Took a cab from the train station in Benson as he was interested in the caves. He played us a tune in our trailer that was unbelievable. While normally I don't like my peace being disturbed by others playing music in a c.g. this was great.

Here is he is with Susan; then my collection. Thanks for posting- an inspiration to "turn it up"!
Attached Thumbnails
Nick.jpg   SG.jpg  
Old 12-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Better Description

Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 AM   #40

That's it!
It might not seem like much but it is the most amazing guitar I have ever played. The sound is unbelievable. There are 10 different guitar sounds in there.

The playability is outstanding. I have a friend that owned the major music store in town, he loves this guitar and has a standing order in to me to bring it by any time he plays out.

The design is brand new, I got mine 30 days after it was announced. It took that long to find the exact right guitar for me. I did!

I got about 700 hours in on it now. This one you have to acquire a feel for it. You can play it well, even at first. But after a few months this deep seated feeling shows up and things go to to a whole new level.

This thing is the greatest!

Fishman makes the electronics in the guitar and when paired with a Fishman Loudbox amp, you will not believe the infinite sounds possible.

Simply unbelievable.