One Way Tow Vehicle Rental - Sumas to New Hampshire - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2022, 06:50 AM   #41

Trailer: Scamp 19, Tradewinds 24, Escape 5.0
You may want to check out uship.com to see if you can find an independent hotshot driver to take the load.

I tried to use them once for a scamp19, but the weird hitch got in the way. Customer service was pretty good in unwinding the deal after we realized the issue.

So, I don’t really know how good the service is, but may give you options.
Keith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:23 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
This would be my plan:
Idaho has two of the largest volume car/truck dealers in the country, DaveSmith in Kellogg, and DennisDillon in Boise. Both will pick you up at the nearest airport.

Find a truck or SUV that's not selling too well, buy it new, and drive to Escape. That'll put on enough break in miles. Then get your Escape and tow it home and sell the new truck if it's surplus. DaveSmith has a pretty good looking new 4WD 2021 Chevy Colorado with trailering package for $37,000. With the used car market the way it is, you might even make a profit.
Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:16 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
This would be my plan:
Idaho has two of the largest volume car/truck dealers in the country, DaveSmith in Kellogg, and DennisDillon in Boise. Both will pick you up at the nearest airport.

Find a truck or SUV that's not selling too well, buy it new, and drive to Escape. That'll put on enough break in miles. Then get your Escape and tow it home and sell the new truck if it's surplus. DaveSmith has a pretty good looking new 4WD 2021 Chevy Colorado with trailering package for $37,000. With the used car market the way it is, you might even make a profit.
Bill
There is always that 5-7% sales tax which will eat away a couple of thousand dollars you have to pay up front....
Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
DaveSmith has a pretty good looking new 4WD 2021 Chevy Colorado with trailering package for $37,000. With the used car market the way it is, you might even make a profit.
Bill
Would probably approach it the way Bill suggested if you don't want to pay for a delivery service. Looked into renting a tow vehicle once but no luck on that.

You could probably buy a tow vehicle, drive it to a CarMax when done, and get a respectable offer. Last July they offered about $4k more than purchase price on a truck with 18k miles. That being said, the pre-owned market may not be so hot later in the year.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Yup

Quote:
This would be my plan:

Bill
I never knew what a narcissist was and then I discovered I was one. Take the picture, take the picture!
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
32D99BBB-5F34-4867-A1AC-7D31BB45B02F.jpg  
Old 02-26-2022, 08:21 AM   #46

Trailer: 2022 21C
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

We've decided to use ETI to arrange delivery to the Springfield, MA hub.
djronh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 12:51 PM   #47
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by djronh1 View Post
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

We've decided to use ETI to arrange delivery to the Springfield, MA hub.
What are they charging?
Old 02-26-2022, 12:58 PM   #48

Trailer: 2022 21C
Current ETI Delivery cost can be viewed here https://escapetrailer.com/usa-delivery-special/
djronh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:36 PM   #49

I would ask Escape if the delivery price is reduced if they can deliver one or two on the way across country.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:40 PM   #50

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I would ask Escape if the delivery price is reduced if they can deliver one or two on the way across country.
FWIW it made no difference in late summer of 2021. My Escape was 1 of 2 on the transport truck, both delivered to the same Texas HUB and unloaded on the same day; the other buyer and I 'swapped notes', we each paid the same full delivery price posted on ETI's website current at that time.

In casual conversation the transport driver (who has been delivering Escape trailers for many years) mentioned he was still waiting to find out from his dispatcher if he had a load to carry on some or all of his return trip. He explained that as is common in the industry, while he has 'a dedicated relationship' with the logistics company that arranges transports for ETI, he proudly owns the rig he drives.
Attached Thumbnails
TWO TRAILERS DELIVERED TO DENTON.JPG  
Old 02-26-2022, 04:57 PM   #51

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
FWIW it made no difference in late summer of 2021. My Escape was 1 of 2 on the transport truck, both delivered to the same Texas HUB and unloaded on the same day; the other buyer and I 'swapped notes', we each paid the same full delivery price posted on ETI's website current at that time.

In casual conversation the transport driver (who has been delivering Escape trailers for many years) mentioned he was still waiting to find out from his dispatcher if he had a load to carry on some or all of his return trip.
I think they send the delivery to the hub when they have 2 trailers to deliver there. Thats the way I understand it.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #52

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I think they send the delivery to the hub when they have 2 trailers to deliver there. Thats the way I understand it.
My point of pickup was Kansas City, the driver was then headed to North Carolina with his second camper.
I mentioned to him he’s going to be driving right by where I live in St. Louis, two miles off Hwy 70, where I just came from and will be headed back. His reaction was why didn’t they arrange my pickup there since he would be driving right down Hwy 70 to his destination. I told him that’s not how escape has it setup, I had to pick from one of their designated hubs. This particular hub tow yard was in a bad part of town, not a good scene, and darkness was on its way. The junkyard dog operated the tow company charged the delivery company a few hundred extra dollars, just because he could.
The equipment to unload campers is very common in the towing industry, so there are many locations that can handle the unloading of campers.

The delivery company drivers suggestion, too late for me, was to contact the delivery company directly and see if anything could’ve been worked out nearer my home, since in my case the driver was already headed that way. The couple of people with the delivery company I had dealings with were very helpful, especially the driver. If I had known of their flexibility I believe they would’ve been happy to work with me. Maybe a few extra dollars involved, but would’ve been well worth it.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:41 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
My point of pickup was Kansas City, the driver was then headed to North Carolina with his second camper.
I mentioned to him he’s going to be driving right by where I live in St. Louis, two miles off Hwy 70, where I just came from and will be headed back. His reaction was why didn’t they arrange my pickup there since he would be driving right down Hwy 70 to his destination. I told him that’s not how escape has it setup, I had to pick from one of their designated hubs. This particular hub tow yard was in a bad part of town, not a good scene, and darkness was on its way. The junkyard dog operated the tow company charged the delivery company a few hundred extra dollars, just because he could.
The equipment to unload campers is very common in the towing industry, so there are many locations that can handle the unloading of campers.

The delivery company drivers suggestion, too late for me, was to contact the delivery company directly and see if anything could’ve been worked out nearer my home, since in my case the driver was already headed that way. The couple of people with the delivery company I had dealings with were very helpful, especially the driver. If I had known of their flexibility I believe they would’ve been happy to work with me. Maybe a few extra dollars involved, but would’ve been well worth it.
I stand corrected..
Old 02-26-2022, 06:50 PM   #54

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I never knew what a narcissist was and then I discovered I was one. Take the picture, take the picture!
Iowa Dave
Apparently you are also my step-sister's husband in Arizona. Why, you two-timing, no-good...!!!

A popular name, apparently. How do they tell all of you apart?
Old 02-26-2022, 07:20 PM   #55

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
Mine was on the transport out of Chilliwack on 8/20/2021, two days after the 8/18/2021 completion date which was promised almost a year before on 9/9/2020. Nothing in that suggests my trailer was 'held' after completion pending another trailer to my HUB, nor did the other buyer at that drop-off mention any delay in their delivery. Methinks just a happy coincidence they had two for the same exact location at that time.
Old 02-26-2022, 07:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Mine was on the transport out of Chilliwack on 8/20/2021, two days after the 8/18/2021 completion date which was promised almost a year before on 9/9/2020. Nothing in that suggests my trailer was 'held' after completion pending another trailer to my HUB, nor did the other buyer at that drop-off mention any delay in their delivery. Methinks just a happy coincidence they had two for the same exact location at that time.
My completion date is March 18th... They wanted to ship mine to me on March 4 (Florida hub) I go back to work on the 2nd of March for a Month (Merchant Marine) so postpned it until 4/7.... What scares me is local Fl hub had never offloaded a 5.0...and couldn't... They went to another area in the state....
Old 02-26-2022, 08:40 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Common name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Apparently you are also my step-sister's husband in Arizona. Why, you two-timing, no-good...!!!

A popular name, apparently. How do they tell all of you apart?
It is a little strange to have lived life in towns where there were 10 or more of us in the phone book. There were 7 at Iowa State when I went there. I’ve probably had about 15 cases of mistaken identity via the name. About 5 positive and about 5 negative and 5 laughable. Two of us in the ninth grade class with the same schedule. The other guy was better looking, better grades, better athlete and better physique than me. Died of a heart attack at about 45. So glad we did not have that in common. Drove the teachers nuts for a while till they started using our middle initial. He was a straight arrow guy. I skipped school especially in winter to hunt rabbits and pheasants.

My dad and his best friend and I took off to hunt. It was the year that the legislature voted to allow liquor by the drink. The next day, as a current events question. the teacher asked how much profit could be in a fifth of whiskey. I’d been gone the day before and on the way home from hunting we had stopped in a small town tavern where the owner had “jumped the gun” selling by the drink, and my dad and his friend had a couple shots and a beer. Driving the back roads home ( too young for a license), I listened to their conversation regarding the subject of the day. They worked out the math and I listened. So when the question was asked I raised my hand and enlightened the class on the profitability of Seagram’s 7 Crown at 40 cents a shot, the going small town rate in about 1962. For some reason I did not get an A for the day but oh well. At my 50th high school reunion a fellow student reminded me of the episode. I did have the speed math answer to the question what is the relationship of quarts to gallons in fifths though. That was growing up Iowa.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-27-2022, 03:19 AM   #58
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
find a used 3/4 ton pickup (f250, chevy or dodge/ram 2500 in decent mechanical shape in the seattle area, buy it, haul the trailer home, sell the truck. or keep it as a work truck, whichever. my 2002 f250 has 255000 miles on it and is still going strong, I plan on driving it all over Mexico in 2024.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 03:31 AM   #59
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
hah hah, thats probably even more common than John Pierce.

and I've met a *BUNCH* of doppelgangers over the years.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:35 AM   #60

Our first Escape was delivered by "Dave" right behind our house in the alley in 2012...notice original spray was yellow, Escape later started painting it black. Also notice the fresh cement pad poured to accommodate the larger trailer from our EggCamper.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0017.jpg   DSCN0018.jpg   DSCN0019.jpg   DSCN0040 copy 2.JPG