Osoyoos waters rising - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #21
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,828
As posted on the Nk'Mip RV Park Facebook page:

Everything north of the store has no water or sewer services due to flooding. sites 120-125. cabin. 140-243 f1-f-19
both washrooms. no power f 11-f15 161-212. if this affects your reservation contact front desk. no time frame known as to when these services will return.
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 16,289
I wouldn't expect the lake level to go down for some time. Monashee Mountains are full of snow ( still over 100 per cent of normal ) and the next week calls for temps of 30C. Snow has to melt and rivers deliver that water to the lakes. Seems to me last year there was an issue that they couldn't open the drain on Lake Osoyoos without causing flooding south of the border.

Reporter on Global National is in Osoyoos and said, "it's a fluid situation".
__________________

__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 6,397
Hmmm without knowing what site through reservation one has been assigned, it’s going to be difficult to realize whether potential Rally attendees have a problem or not. Guess all a person can do is call and hope. We won’t be there this year but hope it all works out for everybody who’s on their way or getting ready to go.
Iowa Dave
__________________
Strike while the iron is hot. Live every day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #24
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,828
Hope this doesn't impact your route to the rally:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/f.../281-551554112
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
BCnomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: O town, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hope this doesn't impact your route to the rally:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/f.../281-551554112

I was wondering about that.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hope this doesn't impact your route to the rally:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/f.../281-551554112
It does if the roads are closed. We already have changed our routing once so I guess I'll add this to the roads to watch in case I need to change again.

I've been watching this site.
https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/tra...Northeast.aspx
Along with the drive BC site.
This article from king5.com says water is on both sides of 97 at Tonasket which is on our route.
So far the road is still open.

I emailed the campground yesterday afternoon to see if they had any plans if the lake continues to rise but did not get a reply. So I'll hold off leaving this morning until they open at 8am PDT and call them.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hmmm without knowing what site through reservation one has been assigned, it’s going to be difficult to realize whether potential Rally attendees have a problem or not. Guess all a person can do is call and hope. We won’t be there this year but hope it all works out for everybody who’s on their way or getting ready to go.
Iowa Dave
This year they insisted we reserve a specific site, saying they were doing it differently. We'll see how that turns our. We should be their by Tuesday anyway.

What I have learned after the devastating flood here in Calgary in 2013 is that things carry on. Spirits were surprisingly high during and afterwards, even while cleaning up the terrible mess left behind in lots of homes along the rivers.

My plan is to just carry on as though things will go off as planned, and if ever a plan B should be needed, we will adjust. Plenty of great camping around if an alternate possibly be needed. The good news is the wineries are all on high ground.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #28
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 9,828
Camping, any kind of camping 'requires' being adaptable. Whether the roads you travel or what you find in a campground. The only big issue y'all may have is IF the infrastructure is compromised. Maybe the campground showers don't work, or the sewer system is down, or potable water from the hose bib isn't. Knowing your trailers water pump works, you have the ability to fill the fresh water tank and have plenty of toilet chemicals can go a long way when being 'adaptable.' Have fun!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North of Danbury, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Posts: 3,033
A set of knee high rubber chore boots maybe an appropriate precaution .
We were camping in Gordon Wisconsin when one evening we got 6 to 8” of rain , the rubber boots were very helpful
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 6,397
Reservations

w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This year they insisted we reserve a specific site, saying they were doing it differently. We'll see how that turns our. We should be their by Tuesday anyway.

What I have learned after the devastating flood here in Calgary in 2013 is that things carry on. Spirits were surprisingly high during and afterwards, even while cleaning up the terrible mess left behind in lots of homes along the rivers.

My plan is to just carry on as though things will go off as planned, and if ever a plan B should be needed, we will adjust. Plenty of great camping around if an alternate possibly be needed. The good news is the wineries are all on high ground.

Hi Jim
Since we weren’t going to be able to attend this year, I did not watch the proceedings too closely. I did not realize that specific site reservations had been implemented and offered. Hopefully a high percentage of the Escape campers chose sites on the upper deck. Which would be logical with respect to the activities at the rally. Rubber shoes are always good to have in reserve in whatever form. What’s the Motto?
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Rubber shoes are always good to have in reserve in whatever form.
I will have both rubber boots (that are always in my truck) and a pair of chest waders, so I should be fine.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 6,397
Style show

Another opportunity for a rally activity. And all you need is a sponsor to back it to get a catchy name.
Frogg Toggs High Water Pants and Deep
Puddle Footwear Parade and Style Show.
Winner gets a bailing bucket.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Another opportunity for a rally activity. And all you need is a sponsor to back it to get a catchy name.
Frogg Toggs High Water Pants and Deep
Puddle Footwear Parade and Style Show.
Winner gets a bailing bucket.
Iowa Dave
Hi : Iowa Dave... I'll enter in the low rise catagory in my ankle boots. I like lots of leg with my trunks on LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This year they insisted we reserve a specific site, saying they were doing it differently. We'll see how that turns out.
Interesting. When we reserved in February, we were told we could NOT pick a site. Hopefully we will have something when we arrive. We'll have the Escape 19 Flotation Kit ready just in case Or is it "floatation"??

Doug
__________________
We're still have'n fun...
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,110
I was surprised because in the past I always booked the first or second day after opening up to do so, in hopes of getting a site I wanted. More often than not it worked for me, but last year it did not at all. That is why this year I waited to book as all I wanted to do is reserve a spot yet they told me I had to book a specific site and all the ones wanted we're already booked. At this point I don't really have any faith in their booking capacity, so I'm just going to show up and see what I get.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
so I'm just going to show up and see what I get.
Oh man, oh man..... Coffee pot might be close by after all?
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrace, British Columbia
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Posts: 374
If the water keeps rising, campsites are definitely going to be at a premium. Oh well, If there aren't any sites left, maybe we can find another cool spot that can take a few trailers.....Escapes only, no land yachts
__________________
We're still have'n fun...
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Trailer: 2017 17B
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I was surprised because in the past I always booked the first or second day after opening up to do so, in hopes of getting a site I wanted. More often than not it worked for me, but last year it did not at all. That is why this year I waited to book as all I wanted to do is reserve a spot yet they told me I had to book a specific site and all the ones wanted we're already booked. At this point I don't really have any faith in their booking capacity, so I'm just going to show up and see what I get.


We booked in February and we were told we couldn’t book a specific site. I have since had to change our dates twice. Will be interesting to see where we end up!
ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
We booked in February and we were told we couldn’t book a specific site. I have since had to change our dates twice. Will be interesting to see where we end up!
Same here. I think it depends on who answered the phone there as far as how sites are done.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
We booked in February and we were told we couldn’t book a specific site. I have since had to change our dates twice. Will be interesting to see where we end up!
Hi: ladybug... How long can you treadwater? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×