Outfitting New Escape - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #41

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
instructions to back them off before using the torque wrench, that might be a good idea if the tires/wheels were installed by a tire dealer. They all use air powered impact wrenches and they are not necessarily adjusted to the value for your vehicle or trailer. Whenever I have tire work done, I always back the lug nuts off and torque them myself, simply for peace of mind. To loose and they could come off; too tight and something might get warped.
Thanks, I just had tires rotated on our tow vehicle and I planned to re-torque. I can see that this is good advise, back them off first, then torque and torque again after some miles.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I use a Ryobi Impact Wrench now on all lugs and on recent rear suspension work on the Frontier. Due for a shoulder replacement (who knows when now) and can't do hand tool to remove torqued items.
It is an awesome tool and allows me to continue to work on the vehicles, despite the shoulder.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #43

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Howdy folks!

ISO Information/Exel sheet/list/ thread/post with basic items needed to outfit a new Escape.

We are so excited to be getting ours in about two weeks! In my excitement, I may forget a couple of items that may be necessary, or enhance our comfort as we travel.

So I’ve tried to search for a list to help us out, but haven’t found any. Perhaps I’m not using the correct search terms?

I found a few separate posts here and there, especially for kitchen items. But it’s not a complete list, and they are hidden amongst other threads.

I’m looking for a trailer-specific comprehensive list that contains kitchen items, bedding items, bathroom items, indoor/ outdoor items, items that help with storage or hanging things (like Umbra hooks, for example, paper towel holders and others), necessary tools, and other adjuncts.

So is there a thread or “sticky“ anyone knows of with a list of this information? From there, I can search more specifics, like certain brands that work better than others. Or new items that may come in smaller sizes.

As an example, one of my searches found the smaller-sized Instant pot. I have since purchased one, and found it to be so versatile!

If such a list is not a sticky, how can we make one? Then, from that basic list, people could comment on the functionality or longevity of certain brands, better brands, items that serve several different functions, collapsible items, and new items that have been since developed, etc..

TIA!!!
I am right with you... do you have a list to share? I'm collecting info too. It would be really helpful i believe, especially with links.
Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:35 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think outfitting your Escape is very personal, similar to clothing choices. There is always a nearby Walmart that you can pick up items forgotten. I have an instapot. but I do not carry it with me unless I'm going to use it on that trip. Remember weight is your enemy, stocking everything, for just in case, is not smart. either judicious planning or wing it. First aid kit, one or 2 pots that will fir the recessed stove, some plates and bowls with silverware. Some basic tools and your clothes.