Oven and 3 burner stove is now standard on the E21 models as well as 5.0 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
She brought it back because it was missing a little perch. I took a perch off of a new one. Installed it on her feeder making sure it and the others were tight. Thanked her for coming in and gave her a $5.00 bag of cardinal feed as she went out the door. Did she come back? Damn right she did and I sold her seed for the next 4 years, sometimes 100 lbs at a time.
Iowa Dave

Dave I am with you on this one. i am a publisher of fine quality music theory books for guitar. I sell them all over the world. 5 times people have called and said something was wrong. Our official policy is stated in two questions.
1. What is the best thing we can do to get this right?
2. Why don't we do that!

Works every time and the cost is a pittance. Everyone leaves happy. Every time! Put the customer first, reap big rewards!

Finding the grommet seems to suggest an installation error.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Replacement Cover

For those that order the oven, a useful replacement for the pretty much useless metal cover is this wooden one from Camco. Not only is is a nice cutting board, it also gives you more countertop space. It has "feet" that hold it onto the burner grates that keep its in place.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Maybe not. Is this the grommet?
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...rommet_72-3736

Shipping will cost more than the part. Tell ETI you found it and to reimburse you. They should on principle.
This forum is Great !! Thanks to Rubicon327 I wa able to figure out the grommet part number and send it to Dometic customer service. Now they say one will be on the way Monday.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeEZ View Post
This forum is Great !! Thanks to Rubicon327 I wa able to figure out the grommet part number and send it to Dometic customer service. Now they say one will be on the way Monday.
... and if you ever remove the stove top, you may find the missing one underneath. Then you will have an extra!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:01 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeEZ View Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:43 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We use the oven more than the stove, and have used the microwave maybe twice.

love doing things with bread or rolls and melting cheese or broiling meatballs or whatever in the oven. yeah, its a bit of a pain to light, but use one of those long 'windproof' bbq lighters, and its pretty easy.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Oven and 3 burner stove is now standard on the E21 models as well as 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
For those that order the oven, a useful replacement for the pretty much useless metal cover is this wooden one from Camco. Not only is is a nice cutting board, it also gives you more countertop space. It has "feet" that hold it onto the burner grates that keep its in place.

The stock, folding metal cover does perform one useful function that is not duplicated by cutting board replacements. In the folded position it serves as a splatter guard for the wall behind the oven. I don’t think the vinylish wall covering would do well with hot grease spatter. I’d imagine one could prop a cutting board behind the cooktop and accomplish a similar effect. But that’s also where the oven vents hot gasses, so wouldn’t work if you’re using cooktop and oven simultaneously, which probably doesn’t happen too often, but I did so just yesterday: sear steaks for one to two minutes each side in a hot cast iron skillet then pop the whole pan into preheated oven at 450F for 6 minutes. Crispy crust and pink middle. Add more time if you want it more done. Important note: steak must be dry when it goes into pan, or it will get steamed instead of seared. Enjoy.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had to bungee my wooden board to the grill stove top, found it on the floor once. BTW, anyone wants the stock folding metal cover, I have one, free to a good home.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:01 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
The stock, folding metal cover does perform one useful function that is not duplicated by cutting board replacements. In the folded position it serves as a splatter guard for the wall behind the oven. I don’t think the vinylish wall covering would do well with hot grease spatter. I’d imagine one could prop a cutting board behind the cooktop and accomplish a similar effect. But that’s also where the oven vents hot gasses, so wouldn’t work if you’re using cooktop and oven simultaneously, which probably doesn’t happen too often, but I did so just yesterday: sear steaks for one to two minutes each side in a hot cast iron skillet then pop the whole pan into preheated oven at 450F for 6 minutes. Crispy crust and pink middle. Add more time if you want it more done. Important note: steak must be dry when it goes into pan, or it will get steamed instead of seared. Enjoy.
Unless it was raining (or, even worst, like today it is snowing) I'd do the steak outside. I rarely use the stove top, and have never used the rear burners. I do use the oven quite a bit.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #30

Where ever Jon is, his famous blueberry pies are not far behind........
Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Pies

And not far behind those pies is the big boy, spatula in his back pocket and 7 section tray made of plate steel in hand. Somebody had to step up and the Iowa Boy is your man.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
B8195E38-86CC-4429-9DB6-38F75540BDF6.jpg  
Old 04-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #32

I can almost taste it..........
Old 03-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #33

Trailer: 2023 1st Gen 23, Formerly a 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Does anyone know if this will also fit on the flush mount, glass top oven?
BatChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #34

Having owned the Camco wooden top and oven it is my opinion that it would not work with the new flush mount stove set up in my current Escape.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:34 PM   #35

Trailer: 2023 1st Gen 23, Formerly a 2021 21NE
Thanks for the info!
BatChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:02 AM   #36

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
ETI has a problem with using the word standard and option together. On their description sheet they call all of the standards that come with the trailers standard options. When speaking with the sales lady I asked, are these standards or are they options? She said that wording is very confusing and said it should just say standards.
Just FYI.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote