Oven and 3 burner stove is now standard on the E21 models as well as 5.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Oven and 3 burner stove is now standard on the E21 models as well as 5.0

according to their Facebook page and link provided
https://escapetrailer.com/dometic-3-...91139180907472
Old 03-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I can see a time in the near future where Escape in an effort to simplify / standardize their manufacturing / sales process will become more like the auto industry & other trailer manufacturers
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
according to their Facebook page and link provided
https://escapetrailer.com/dometic-3-...91139180907472
Per the link and per Karl it’s an option, not standard
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Per the link and per Karl it’s an option, not standard

As I read it, it's a standard option, whatever that means.
Old 03-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This was posted two hours ago on the Escape Trailer Facebook page. Notice, it says it's an option.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
As I read it, it's a standard option, whatever that means.
...and what about the 19? The oven has historically been available in that model as well and shows the option on the ETI website.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:26 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I can see a time in the near future where Escape in an effort to simplify / standardize their manufacturing / sales process will become more like the auto industry & other trailer manufacturers
Hi Steve
Arniesea and I discussed “package options” at the rally in Osoyoos last spring. We thought about logical bundling of options such as if you get solar, you also get dual six volt batteries and maybe an inverter. Or an entertainment option of TV with Blu-ray, tv mount, stereo player and speakers. Packages like that. It is the way the auto industry has gone, and it’s a way to add value and cost to the product. Also a decal with “Platinum edition” ought to be good for a few more dollars.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Red face optional

WE had ETI delete the oven and move the MW over to that spot..and flip the big wardrobe to the top .....and add another big wardrobe cabinet above where the "2 drawer cabinet" is..making the whole driver side a uuge storage area. Momma wanted storage and got it...after moving UP from the Casita. Pix here:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-8031-129.html
"I don't go camping to cook indoors" as she put it
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Yeah it's still an option. They are still selling the two burner as the standard stove. The web page calls this an option. Here is the verbiage.

"The Dometic R31 17” 3-Burner Oven has been added as an upgrade option to our E21, E21NE and the E5.0 models."

I don't see the 19' listed so I wonder if the oven space is not large enough to accommodate this new footprint. This assumes the footprint changed. I have not verified that.

We're getting pictures of our build now. I wanted to confirm we are getting the new Dometic stove as our upgrade, so I called in. We are!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #10

The oven 3 burner combo is nice, but not needed. Never used 3 burners at once and never used the oven, it is a PITA to light the pilot light. The recessed 2 burner standard stove is piezo powered as is the 3 burner stove. In addition the oven/stove has a metal cover which is not countertop flush as is the standard 2 burner stove. I removed the metal cover and used a wooden cutting board top which was secured to the stoves burner grills.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The oven 3 burner combo is nice, but not needed. Never used 3 burners at once and never used the oven, it is a PITA to light the pilot light. The recessed 2 burner standard stove is piezo powered as is the 3 burner stove. In addition the oven/stove has a metal cover which is not countertop flush as is the standard 2 burner stove. I removed the metal cover and used a wooden cutting board top which was secured to the stoves burner grills.
So it looks like Jim Bennett's custom install of the Dickinson Caribbean oven is the best of all worlds. Two burners up top and electronic spark ignition and flame-out protection on those burners plus the oven and broiler burners. Wooden cutting board sits in the recess to be flush with countertop. Quite expensive...but very nice.

http://dickinsonmarine.com/product/c...ner-gas-stove/
Attached Thumbnails
caribbean.JPG  
Old 04-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Concerning my installation of the Dickinson Caribbean that Dave mentions, we really love the unit. The stove top burners are just fantastic, from a super low simmer to boiling water fast, and giving an even heat across the entire pan. The oven works great too. While we have used the broiler a few times, it is not real fast like in an electric oven, but does work if you care to use it.

Add to that the electronic ignition for all the burners and it really shines. Getting a really good price from Dickinson at #1275, it was still a pricey thing, but is built like tanks and I am most certain will last easily as long as a moulded fibreglass trailer will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00218.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	46036

Of course, there was the need for me to install it myself. While Escape will install their 2 burner stove, I very much doubt they would install the range. Not only the many hours of thinking about the unit I would buy and use, a good couple hours of job planning, and another couple of hours installing, not to mention the time to build the cabinetry to fit it, it certainly cost me a good days time or more to get it to usable condition.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Concerning my installation of the Dickinson Caribbean that Dave mentions, we really love the unit. The stove top burners are just fantastic, from a super low simmer to boiling water fast, and giving an even heat across the entire pan. The oven works great too. While we have used the broiler a few times, it is not real fast like in an electric oven, but does work if you care to use it.

Add to that the electronic ignition for all the burners and it really shines. Getting a really good price from Dickinson at #1275, it was still a pricey thing, but is built like tanks and I am most certain will last easily as long as a moulded fibreglass trailer will.

Attachment 46036

Of course, there was the need for me to install it myself. While Escape will install their 2 burner stove, I very much doubt they would install the range. Not only the many hours of thinking about the unit I would buy and use, a good couple hours of job planning, and another couple of hours installing, not to mention the time to build the cabinetry to fit it, it certainly cost me a good days time or more to get it to usable condition.
That picture makes me want one and I'm not an accomplished cook by any means. Maybe it will make me better?
Old 04-08-2020, 06:41 PM   #14

That stove is nicer than the one I have in my house............
Old 04-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #15

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
We ordered the stove with the oven and picked up our 5.0TA a couple of weeks ago. I think we're really going to use the oven although it's small, and as others have said, it's a bit of work to manually light the oven pilot light (the stovetop burners have piezo starters).

If you order the oven, here's one thing to check. The large one-piece grate that fits over the top burners is held in place by four corner prongs that fit down into four grommet-equipped holes in the four corners of the stove. One of our grommets was missing when we took delivery but I didn't notice it at the time. When I did notice it a week later, I wrote to Dometic customer service for a replacement since with out the grommet the stove grate rocks a bit.

Dometic finally responded after another email to say, "This grommet here is not part of the retail grommets. You will need to contact the dealer this was purchased from."

So I contacted Dustin at Escape parts and service and explained the situation and what Dometic said and the fact that the grate now rocks back and forth. He responded, "Unfortunately we do not have extras of these grommets, the ranges come preassembled to us and we simply install them in the trailer."

So, my point is that if you order the stove with the oven, make sure it comes with all four grommets or you'll have a wobbly grate to deal with.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeEZ View Post
We ordered the stove with the oven and picked up our 5.0TA a couple of weeks ago. I think we're really going to use the oven although it's small, and as others have said, it's a bit of work to manually light the oven pilot light (the stovetop burners have piezo starters).

If you order the oven, here's one thing to check. The large one-piece grate that fits over the top burners is held in place by four corner prongs that fit down into four grommet-equipped holes in the four corners of the stove. One of our grommets was missing when we took delivery but I didn't notice it at the time. When I did notice it a week later, I wrote to Dometic customer service for a replacement since with out the grommet the stove grate rocks a bit.

Dometic finally responded after another email to say, "This grommet here is not part of the retail grommets. You will need to contact the dealer this was purchased from."

So I contacted Dustin at Escape parts and service and explained the situation and what Dometic said and the fact that the grate now rocks back and forth. He responded, "Unfortunately we do not have extras of these grommets, the ranges come preassembled to us and we simply install them in the trailer."

So, my point is that if you order the stove with the oven, make sure it comes with all four grommets or you'll have a wobbly grate to deal with.
That’s a weak response from Escape and from Dometic. I sold a $20 bird feeder to a lady when I was selling turf and landscape supplies. She brought it back because it was missing a little perch. I took a perch off of a new one. Installed it on her feeder making sure it and the others were tight. Thanked her for coming in and gave her a $5.00 bag of cardinal feed as she went out the door. Did she come back? Damn right she did and I sold her seed for the next 4 years, sometimes 100 lbs at a time. I can’t understand not going the extra 10 feet for a customer. I’d walk a mile if I needed, to install a 15 cent perch. That’s a lot of what is wrong in the world today and it pisses me off.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Maybe not. Is this the grommet?
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/...rommet_72-3736

Shipping will cost more than the part. Tell ETI you found it and to reimburse you. They should on principle.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Or, they should remove the grommet from a new one in stock. Send the grommet to you and send the stove back to Dometic for a replacement.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:27 PM   #19

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:

We had the same issue with our grate on our range. A year later, while camping, we cooked a casserole in a ceramic casserole dish with a glass lid. My wife took the dish out of the oven and set the lid on the grates. We dished up, and we’re at the table ready to eat when the glass lid explodes!! Tempered glass cubes everywhere! The grates must have pulled the heat out of the lid unevenly causing a stress fracture.

To clean it up, we had to remove the stove top to clean the glass out of the burners. And there was the missing grommet! It must have come off and dropped down one of the burner holes during install. Note this event was a year later from picking up our trailer and just 4 nights before we returned home to quarantine.

So take apart the top. Your missing grommet may be under it in a corner!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:14 AM   #20

Another option is remove the other grommet on the same side and the wobbliness should disappear. At least until you can get all 4 in place....