PDI - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2024, 09:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
PDI

That's kind of odd. I asked Escape for a copy of the pdi checklist they use, along with the name and signature of the person who performed the pdi and was told "the test sheets themselves are the intellectual property of Escape and we can not publicly release these. This information includes competitive advantages that we have over other manufactures in our industry and are for internal use only."

What kind of information could possibly be proprietary? At least the camper does have a door tag (and I a photo of it) with the date and name of the person who performed the pdi. That should suffice (to me, it's like a receipt indicating that it was performed...or at least claimed to be...in the event of any issues).

Still, kind of odd. On our prior trailer (a Forest River product) I had no problems obtaining a copy of the PDI checklist that was used, both before and after the check.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
That's because they don't want you to see the checklist. However, my insider contact at escape sent me the list:

☐ Customer check didn't bounce
☐ All wheels have tires
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 07:19 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton View Post
That's kind of odd. I asked Escape for a copy of the pdi checklist they use, along with the name and signature of the person who performed the pdi and was told "the test sheets themselves are the intellectual property of Escape and we can not publicly release these. This information includes competitive advantages that we have over other manufactures in our industry and are for internal use only."

What kind of information could possibly be proprietary? At least the camper does have a door tag (and I a photo of it) with the date and name of the person who performed the pdi. That should suffice (to me, it's like a receipt indicating that it was performed...or at least claimed to be...in the event of any issues).

Still, kind of odd. On our prior trailer (a Forest River product) I had no problems obtaining a copy of the PDI checklist that was used, both before and after the check.
Nothing odd about it at all. ETI considers that to be proprietary information and part of their business processes. They have a legit right to withhold that information.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 08:34 AM   #4

I understand it's their right, just a bit surprised. Our Forest River PDI was simply a checklist of the different systems, e.g., AC, furnace, water pump, etc. It reflected that the different systems were tested, plumbing checked for leaks, etc. Nothing that could be considered proprietary information. I suspect that Escape must do it a bit differently (they indicated that some of it is done during production...I can see production process being proprietary). In Forest River's case, the PDI is performed after production.

I'm not upset with them over it, just curious as to how it differs from other manufacturers. They did include the door tag with the name of the person who performed final inspection and approved it for shipment, so that is sufficient. (If there are problems, I at least have a name that they could fall back on to improve QA). After reading of some of the issues people have had (on these forums and on Facebook) I wanted that bit of info.

Looking forward to our delivery.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:21 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On the forest river checklist did they have a check mark for vacuuming up the staples and wiping off the glue?
Iowa Dave
Old 06-15-2024, 10:32 AM   #6

Not that I recall

Am pleased with how Escape cleans up the trailer, final photos are beautiful. Will probably be all brown by August after we get back from our trip to Kansas (dirt roads)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
On the forest river checklist did they have a check mark for vacuuming up the staples and wiping off the glue?
Iowa Dave

Lost me comparing a Forest River to an Escape.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 10:58 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Excuse my snarkiness. Forest River could give me binder full of all the stuff they did, but their product still sucks.

You are going to love your Escape. Wishing many happy and safe adventures.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 09:40 PM   #9

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Let's hope they wired up the solar properly.
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote