People like to complain - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Actually, to Iowa Dave's observation earlier in this thread, this forum is kinda like a Boy Scout troop. A virtual, on the web, boy scout troop, except everybody's an old f art. Oh, and girls allowed (actually old lady f artettes, I suppose).

Wait a minute girls are allowed in scouting now. As the father of an Eagle Scout (and occasional assistant scoutmaster), I only wish my daughter had had the chance. She did a bit of girl scouts, but what was on offer for the boys was so much superior. Oh well.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfrombigt View Post
I've been working at it and I have a complaint. The regulator pigtails need to be longer! Don't ask me why, they just do.
Here’s a solution for your problem. Since these usually need replacement at some point, when you replace the regulator pigtails, order the longer ones.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Here’s a solution for your problem. Since these usually need replacement at some point, when you replace the regulator pigtails, order the longer ones.
Hey Greg The good folks at Amazon say they're "Out for Delivery". I wanted to attach some level gages to the tanks and the installed pigtails are too short. Not a big problem but gave me something to complain about.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Complaining is one thing - posting a problem with a solution is another. Do less of the first and more of the second.

At some point, everyone is going to have some kind of problem. Being constructive by posting solutions to problems might help someone else who is struggling with the same problem.

Anyway, that's what I think.
Absolutely, yes. Sharing solutions (as well as enthusiasm) is why this forum is an important resource.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I can complain better than ALL of you combined. The difference is I keep it to myself.

My first instinct is to RAGE. 99.999% of the time it's because of something really, really stupid I've done. Who wants to admit that?

Almost immediately I fall into the pit of despair. How much is THIS going to cost me in time and/or money? Sigh.

Then, I move to.. well... no one died and no one got seriously hurt. So how BAD is it truly?

That changes to... adaptability. When I'm camping and there's absolutely nothing I can do or even diagnose the problem with hopes of a fix... I adapt and worry about it later.

As long as my trailer is SAFE to go down the road, it's ALL good. No interior lights, no water, no refrigerator, no propane... so WHAT? Didn't have those as a tent camper and I survived just fine (YES, my trailer HAS had those conditions... although not all at once.)

Complaining is a behavior. I'm just NOT going to be a social media complainer. YMMV

Over time, I have asked for help/information and y'all have been helpful.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #26

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
I just read that "Half of the Americans don't change their underwear daily!"
Now that is something to complain about
Old 08-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #27

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Makes sense, underwear has 2 sides.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Makes sense, underwear has 2 sides.
When we had summer camp orientation for the scouts their moms would come with questions. The Scoutmaster before me gave me a list of answers. Q: How many pairs of underwear will my boy need? A: Two pair for an 8 day camp. First day right side out and forward. second day right side out and backward. Third day inside out and forward. Fourth day, inside out and backward, Fifth day new pair and repeat. After the horror died down, we’d say, “no really, we change every day. Bill changes with Tom, Tom changes with Eric and on till changes are complete.” Didn’t go over too well sometimes.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #29

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Genius, wait till I tell Deb, she can cut the laundry in half.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #30

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
I just read that "Half of the Americans don't change their underwear daily!" Now that is something to complain about
The other half goes commando. And the third half don't have another pair.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
All boondockers, listen to Dave! He's got a solution for your laundry problem
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can complain better than ALL of you combined. The difference is I keep it to myself.

My first instinct is to RAGE. 99.999% of the time it's because of something really, really stupid I've done. Who wants to admit that?

Almost immediately I fall into the pit of despair. How much is THIS going to cost me in time and/or money? Sigh.

Then, I move to.. well... no one died and no one got seriously hurt. So how BAD is it truly?
That used to be me. But make enough mistakes or have something not work and you don't have enough energy to go through all the steps every time. Now I usually go directly to, sigh, what do I have to do to fix it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:25 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Great post by the OP.

Well, I have something to complain about. Only 12:25am and we are all a music festival, 14 friends and brothers total. Everyone went to bed just now and I am forced to either sit outside by myself or retreat into my Escape. Reluctantly, I chose the latter.

Oh well, at least there are two full days of music left to get lots more fun in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Donna sounds like we are cut from the same cloth. In my younger years something went wrong anger would normally be the first response but thankfully as I've gotten older that has mellowed and now almost nothing surprises me any more. Like you I try to think if it did not kill me I can figure this out, my mother used to tell me that's why she never worried about me, I would figure it out. Glad she had that much confidence in me because when it comes to many things with our Escape if they go wrong I hope I can figure it out.
Good thing though is I can ask forum members and always got the help I needed and figured it out, so far anyway. LOL

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Donna sounds like we are cut from the same cloth. In my younger years something went wrong anger would normally be the first response but thankfully as I've gotten older that has mellowed and now almost nothing surprises me any more. Like you I try to think if it did not kill me I can figure this out, my mother used to tell me that's why she never worried about me, I would figure it out. Glad she had that much confidence in me because when it comes to many things with our Escape if they go wrong I hope I can figure it out.
Good thing though is I can ask forum members and always got the help I needed and figured it out, so far anyway. LOL

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Hi: stratos... Just when I need my scissors I can't find 'em. Must have put them away with my list of complaints. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #36

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Just picked my 21 up Tuesday the 13th. The folks at ETI were great, from the lady at the front door forward.

Stayed at the Lynden KOA for 2 days to exercise stuff. Need not have bothered! Everything worked as advertised right out of the box. Two people stopped by and admired it.

Well, one thing. Had to reset the GFI on the inverter. Big deal!

Taking my time going back to TX
Old 08-18-2019, 12:00 AM   #37

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
underwear

Quote:
When my son got off his sub [the most recent time] after his last deployment, he said his Chief told them one day (about 8 weeks into the deployment) that the Captain said they had to start changing underwear 'at least every other day' and it better start today. So the Chief said 'Billy you change with Tom, Mike you change with Sam...Bob you change with George......"
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:48 AM   #38

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
When my son got off his sub [the most recent time] after his last deployment, he said his Chief told them one day (about 8 weeks into the deployment) that the Captain said they had to start changing underwear 'at least every other day' and it better start today. So the Chief said 'Billy you change with Tom, Mike you change with Sam...Bob you change with George......"
And then there was Sarah.....
Old 08-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #39

Trailer: None - Yet
Congrats Greg & Kathy. Do you full time RV in your Escape? Do you know anyone who full time RV in their Escape? The 5.0 TA is at the top of my list, but I don't know anyone who lives in their 5.0 TA full time. Do you?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Congrats Greg & Kathy. Do you full time RV in your Escape? Do you know anyone who full time RV in their Escape? The 5.0 TA is at the top of my list, but I don't know anyone who lives in their 5.0 TA full time. Do you?
Hi: Banshee... Check out Red Dog on this forum. He and his wife full time in their Escape 21. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote