Personal Safety - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 06:38 PM   #101

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
If you shoot someone and get sued, and you will. You need insurance to CYA. Your home owners insurance and umbrella insurance don't cover it.
Thank you! Got it! I missed the reference. I don't have a gun. I'd hold off on the insurance a while longer.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:55 PM   #102

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
yup..in the states at least...U.S Lawshield....not sure if they underwrite in Canada..Shooting a peep is not a requirement...
I also have US Law Shield and accessories. Going on 10 years now I believe.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #103

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Still hoping to shoot somebody so you can get your money's worth?
naw, Oshkosh says all my unicorns have wings , so I'm good
Old 05-13-2022, 07:55 PM   #104

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
To those who carry, I hope that you're carrying the right kind of insurance because your home owners and umbrella insurance won't cover your incident.
I’m again reminded life is much more precious than possessions, as I just buried another friend today. If Steve McQueen had a son…Many losses in the last few years, not the C-mostly improper eating, drinking, drugs.

Many live their days as others are also civilized, not the way it works.

My neighbor was going for a walk and was held up by gunpoint, the zombie didn’t make it. I don’t know how it is in Canada, but here in Missouri the police put him in touch with a NRA attorney in case he had any trouble.

I’m not sure why anyone has a problem with a upright citizen protecting themselves from a bad guy, a 401k and insurance is the last thing on the zombies mind.

The smugness against people who chose this protection is odd, you NOT wanting realistic protection means nothing to me or others like myself.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #105

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
I’m again reminded life is much more precious than possessions, as I just buried another friend today. If Steve McQueen had a son…Many losses in the last few years, not the C-mostly improper eating, drinking, drugs.

Many live their days as others are also civilized, not the way it works. And it's not the zombie you have to worry about it's the zombie family that almost always has a lawyer.

My neighbor was going for a walk and was held up by gunpoint, the zombie didn’t make it. I don’t know how it is in Canada, but here in Missouri the police put him in touch with a NRA attorney in case he had any trouble.

I’m not sure why anyone has a problem with a upright citizen protecting themselves from a bad guy, a 401k and insurance is the last thing on the zombies mind.

The smugness against people who chose this protection is odd, you NOT wanting realistic protection means nothing to me or others like myself.
I have no problem with carrying, my statement is that doing so could get you sued.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:05 PM   #106

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post

Many live their days as others are also civilized, not the way it works.

Remember Helen Kellers quote “Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”
Old 05-13-2022, 08:08 PM   #107

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Tis strange how this thread has been allowed to continue for so long. I don't care if some choose to carry guns. But, I'd just move.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #108

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Tis strange how this thread has been allowed to continue for so long. I don't care if some choose to carry guns. But, I'd just move.
Ditto, Glenn.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #109

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Still hoping to shoot somebody so you can get your money's worth?
Pretty sarcastic remark, hiding behind your keyboard, when most people here are stating their beliefs and practices, staying within the rules while being polite to others....
Old 05-13-2022, 08:25 PM   #110

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Move where, campsites
Old 05-13-2022, 08:44 PM   #111

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
Pretty sarcastic remark, hiding behind your keyboard, when most people here are stating their beliefs and practices, staying within the rules while being polite to others....
Not hiding at all. At least I use my real name.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:10 PM   #112

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Ditto, far too long.

Ron
Old 05-13-2022, 10:26 PM   #113

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
One of the times we agree wholeheartedly I would move too. If the situation is as bad as Ooshkaboo describe (and I believe him), then it's better to move - with or without gun.

PS: I too don't have any problem with anyone owning or using the gun in a responsible manner. So, no hostility here.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:37 AM   #114

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think this thread has run it's course.....
Closed Thread