Pet Sitting for Osoyoos Rally - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2019, 08:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Pet Sitting for Osoyoos Rally

Hi all, we are attending our first rally in May (a week after picking up our new 21, so excited). Of course, we will want to be doing some of the activities like wine tours. We typically have no problem leaving our dog in trailer for a couple hours while hiking or whatever. But I'm guessing some of these events may take longer (?) For those of you who have pups, how do you typically handle this if going to an event that is a longish one, where you can't easily pop back over to your trailer to check on the dog? I know some people have used sitters/walkers to come give the dog a walk and potty break. If you have used someone near Osoyoos that you recommend, perhaps you can share that info with us. Thanks.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
In the past we have just left Jasper with the girls at the registration desk who know him well, however this will likely not be an option with Tammy gone.

If your dog is well trained and behaved, there are lots of folks who would likely watch it for a while, I know I would if I was going to be around.

Another option I have used on my travels and liked the resultant of, was to use rover.com where all dog sitters are rated by the users so you can easily tell their performance. Not sure what is available near Osoyoos though. We last used them in Phoenix so we could go watch the Flames play the Coyotes with two dogs and all was just fine.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The wine tour is an all day event. If my rememberer is right, we got into the van at 9am and returned to the campground close to 5pm. You don't take individual vehicles... no drinking and driving! You'll have no opportunity to go back to the campground to check on your pets during that time.

Seems those with pets that went on the Friday wine tour paired up with pet people taking the Saturday wine tour. They swapped days to pet set each others pets.

Here's a thread from 2016 that probably explains it better: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...tour-7911.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Another option I have used on my travels and liked the resultant of, was to use rover.com where all dog sitters are rated by the users so you can easily tell their performance.
Thanks, Jim. Our dog, Cash, is a sweetie and pretty easy going. So it might be fun to swap "services" with some other campers. But I've also wondered about rover.com. We have always had short trips so didn't venture too far, too long, from our trailer. But we are retiring soon, and longer trips are in our future and we will want to be exploring areas in depth, taking tours and such (we enjoy factory tours), and we know we need to get familiar with the services available. We of course try to take Cash with us whenever we can. Love hearing that you've used rover.com with success.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Seems those with pets that went on the Friday wine tour paired up with pet people taking the Saturday wine tour. They swapped days to pet set each others pets.
Donna, thanks, that's good to know about the swapping. I figured with so many pet owners, there would be something like that. And Jim mentioned, too, about people helping each other. And thanks for the link to the thread. I will check that out. I searched quite a while and didn't come up with anything. Guess I used the wrong search terms!

All day wine tour. Sounds like a blast!
Old 12-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
With our 2 dogs I stay and Noelia takes the tours. I'd rather socialize around the campground anyway as I took my share of tours while living in California near Napa Valley.

Tags
dog, pets, rally