Plans for pickup in Sumas, WA on Memorial Day - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2021, 06:49 AM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Call Escape and get them to send you the screwdriver. You paid for it!

Congrats, just realize these trailers are a little delicate and sometimes they do weird stuff. I had another episode of weird stuff last night at 3:45 am. The air conditioner turned on by itself. Not okay.

One of the reading lights just fell out because it was put in with one screw (the other stripped out) and it just fell out.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:51 AM   #42

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Glad to hear your delivery and first towing experience was a good one.
Sounds like all the planning and preparation is finally starting to pay off.

Your Go Power charge controller located on the passenger side of the dinette should display your battery charging information. The manual will explain how to scroll through the screens and what each one is displaying.
You may want to check to make sure the charge controller is set to the correct type of battery in your rig. Ours was not. The manual also explains how to check and set the controller to the correct battery type.

Looking forward to further updates of your first trip with the new trailer and maybe a picture or two of the new rig. Congratulations.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:54 AM   #43

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
[/LIST]We have found that a #2 Robertson fits many if not all of the screws. We bought a 5-pack of Robertson #2 bits, that fit our screwdriver, and cordless drill hex bit holder. After almost 6 years, we still have 2 left.
Thank you very much! I will make sure that we get enough Robertson #2 bits!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Have you looked in all the drawers/cabinets for the screwdriver? (Though yours is not the only one I've heard of that was missing.) Mine was somewhere but I think it was pretty obvious in a drawer.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:15 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Mine was in the upper cabinet but that was 4 years ago
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
Too bad we didn't talk and you didn't know you needed it. Back in Bellingham is a place called hardware sales. It's kind of hard to describe is like a Home Depot but about one quarter the size with twice the amount Home Depot carries. Small aisles but the strangest thing of all numerous employees that actually know what they're doing. If I remember correctly Anacortes has hardware stores. They probably have the items you need, I'm assuming the road you took was the Birch Bay Linden Highway probably not Smith Road. But you did get to see the raspberry farms. Two years ago my wife and I picked 32 pounds of raspberries one day at a you picking Farm, and then froze it all. Have a great time, you've earned it.
Thank you very much! I don’t exactly know the path we took. The gps in the truck kept trying to route us to Meridian. We continued straight on 546 and made a left on Bell road. My wife spotted an entry into I-5 south and I took it. I was keeping my eyes on the road so likely missed seeing the raspberry farms.

We are heading to Bellingham, so I will check out the hardware sales store. Thank you very much for the recommendation. Your earlier warning about Meridian entry was spot on.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Call Escape and get them to send you the screwdriver. You paid for it!

Congrats, just realize these trailers are a little delicate and sometimes they do weird stuff. I had another episode of weird stuff last night at 3:45 am. The air conditioner turned on by itself. Not okay.

One of the reading lights just fell out because it was put in with one screw (the other stripped out) and it just fell out.
I will let Escape know, but am not too bothered. If our camper proves to be good quality (and it seems so this far), all else is okay with me.

We have our custom cooktop, refrigerator, sink and, once Haughton is available, air conditioner. So, that narrows our ask.

Take care!
Old 06-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post

Your Go Power charge controller located on the passenger side of the dinette should display your battery charging information. The manual will explain how to scroll through the screens and what each one is displaying.
You may want to check to make sure the charge controller is set to the correct type of battery in your rig. Ours was not. The manual also explains how to check and set the controller to the correct battery type.

Looking forward to further updates of your first trip with the new trailer and maybe a picture or two of the new rig. Congratulations.
Many thanks! This is very helpful. The search for the charge controller manual has just started 😀
Attached Thumbnails
BF2B5CC6-4B0F-4027-A47A-AB2E7A7B3D8E.jpg  
Old 06-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #49

Bobbie, oldwave,

Thanks for that. We will look again. The first round did not produce the screwdriver 😀
Old 06-01-2021, 10:17 AM   #50

Quote:

So, I added the Go Power app. It seems to show correct battery type but only 93 Ah. We are supposed to have 2 100ah lithium batteries.

It is likely the app than the batteries that is off but I was hoping to see the charge level for the two batteries.

Also, does the inverter toggle button turn the inverter on and off? If so , it will beat getting on the knees to do that �� we also tried manually but don’t see the second battery. Will be contacting Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
B06BE003-CD9F-47C5-AC91-CC8FC02108F4.jpg   B118A879-E5B5-47A4-B2A7-48D00A4C9A31.jpg  
Old 06-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #51

Trailer: 2012 E19
Assuming you got the twin 6V batteries, they are wired in series to bring the system voltage to a nominal 12V (varying from 13+ to potentially under 12); 12.2V is about "1/2 full." Because of the series wiring, the voltage doubles but the amperage reading does not. So 93 Ah is pretty close to "full."

I only unhook from my trailer at the CG if I need the vehicle to go somewhere without the trailer. It reduces the hassle. But I see that yours appears to be a fair bit 'nose-up' when hooked, so I can see that you might need to unhook more often to get the thing leveled to your liking. (Although, having the head higher than the feet while in bed is not a bad thing!)

Hang in there with the backing up, keep practicing. It gets easier once some "muscle memory" becomes built up.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Assuming you got the twin 6V batteries, they are wired in series to bring the system voltage to a nominal 12V (varying from 13+ to potentially under 12); 12.2V is about "1/2 full." Because of the series wiring, the voltage doubles but the amperage reading does not. So 93 Ah is pretty close to "full."

I only unhook from my trailer at the CG if I need the vehicle to go somewhere without the trailer. It reduces the hassle. But I see that yours appears to be a fair bit 'nose-up' when hooked, so I can see that you might need to unhook more often to get the thing leveled to your liking. (Although, having the head higher than the feet while in bed is not a bad thing!)

Hang in there with the backing up, keep practicing. It gets easier once some "muscle memory" becomes built up.
Hi Mike,

We do not have 6v batteries in our build, only two 100 Ah lithium batteries, with 200 Ah nominal capacity.

There is an adjustment for the ball height in Andersen ball set up. We did not know the right setting, so had it set to something in the middle. We forgot to ask the Escape driver whether it was set correctly and he did it mention anything. So I don’t know if what we have is the right setting.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
So, I added the Go Power app. It seems to show correct battery type but only 93 Ah. We are supposed to have 2 100ah lithium batteries.

It is likely the app than the batteries that is off but I was hoping to see the charge level for the two batteries.

Also, does the inverter toggle button turn the inverter on and off? If so , it will beat getting on the knees to do that �� we also tried manually but don’t see the second battery. Will be contacting Escape.
I believe the 93 Ah reading is a usage counter that clocks the amount of power consumed. There is a reset button on the app so you can set back to 0 to monitor your power usage under different conditions or just get a running total of your power usage.

The battery state of charge and the voltage readouts would be a better indicator of your battery charge level. In my limited experience the voltage readout has been quite accurate while the state of charge meter is somewhat vague as to your battery charge levels.

I have not tried to turn the inverter on through the app but am now curious to know if this feature works.
Note there is a mechanical toggle on the inverter itself, under the dinette bench behind the solar controller. Make sure this is switched to the II position in order to turn the inverter on through the solar controller. Mine was switched off and it took me quite a while to figure out what the problem was.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #54

Quote:
I believe the 93 Ah reading is a usage counter that clocks the amount of power consumed. There is a reset button on the app so you can set back to 0 to monitor your power usage under different conditions or just get a running total of your power usage.

The battery state of charge and the voltage readouts would be a better indicator of your battery charge level. In my limited experience the voltage readout has been quite accurate while the state of charge meter is somewhat vague as to your battery charge levels.

I have not tried to turn the inverter on through the app but am now curious to know if this feature works.
Note there is a mechanical toggle on the inverter itself, under the dinette bench behind the solar controller. Make sure this is switched to the II position in order to turn the inverter on through the solar controller. Mine was switched off and it took me quite a while to figure out what the problem was.
Thank you very much! That helps a lot!

So, the go power tells the usage and not the charge level of the batteries. Where does one see the battery charge levels?

We are on shore power right now. Will try the inverter on off from the app when we boondock and report back. It might be a few days depending upon the cell signal.

I think the inverter switch is set correctly. The switch marker I is in the raised position and II is in the depressed position.
Attached Thumbnails
A0FC2B05-CAD2-4DFF-B705-966F413D454E.jpg  
Old 06-01-2021, 12:12 PM   #55

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Congrats kavm and partner - this is the pic I was waiting for, the rig and the smiles say it all.

I couldn't be happier for you and wish y'all many continuing Smiles on your travels

Old 06-01-2021, 12:28 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Thank you very much! That helps a lot!

So, the go power tells the usage and not the charge level of the batteries. Where does one see the battery charge levels?

We are on shore power right now. Will try the inverter on off from the app when we boondock and report back. It might be a few days depending upon the cell signal.

I think the inverter switch is set correctly. The switch marker I is in the raised position and II is in the depressed position.

This should be the screen you want. You can use the B button on the panel to toggle through the different screens.

Your inverter switch appears to be set correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Gopower.jpg  
Old 06-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #57

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Off topic, besides the dinette bench (standard location), where's a better location for this display to be mounted? Does one need to refer to it often?

Kavm,
Glad your pickup went fine. Enjoy your new 5.0 and safe travels.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #58

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
As Centex said, it is very nice to see you two so happy. And to attach faces to the name. I wish you a wonderful journey.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:38 PM   #59

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Besides the dinette bench (standard location), where's a better location for this display to be mounted?
For me, any display would be better at eye level.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:20 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Congrats kavm and partner - this is the pic I was waiting for, the rig and the smiles say it all.

I couldn't be happier for you and wish y'all many continuing Smiles on your travels

Thank you very much Alan! Your help and support has been invaluable.

We are very happy with the camper. Size is just right; the build quality seems good, at least on day 2. My wife is giving me undeserved credit for having made good choices, even though she was a full member of the decision making process. Regardless, it’s all good.

I do wish that Escape had a greater focus on post-sales support, but they would not be the first company to assign it a lower priority. In any case, I will be singing their praises if the camper proves to be well built- and there is every indication that it is.

We are both delighted to have come this far. The next days will offer challenge of hitching up, driving, boondocking, backing into tight spaces and little to no internet or cell phone coverage. But, with a mixture of luck and preparation - we will hopefully come through with flying colors.