Poll re Escape Quality - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Poll Results: When was your trailer built and how was the quality
<=2019 Pretty Happy 51 61.45%
>=2020 Pretty Happy 19 22.89%
<=2019 Major Issues with Build (e.g., construction, wiring, plumbing) 1 1.20%
>=2020 Major Issues with Build (e.g., construction, wiring, plumbing) 1 1.20%
<=2019 Major Issues with Add-ons (appliances, electric, etc) 5 6.02%
>=2020 Major Issues with Add-ons (appliances, electric, etc) 4 4.82%
<=2019 Minor Issues with Build 4 4.82%
>=2020 Minor Issues with Build 8 9.64%
<=2019 Minor Issues with Add-ons 3 3.61%
>=2020 Minor Issues with Add-ons 3 3.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
...Our intro to the Oliver was jaded by the fact that the CEO didn't bring one to use at the Tennessee rally but brought his 40' Moho instead. Couldn't bring himself to use his own product? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Alf, I'm sorry you became "jaded" so early on but had you actually taken the time to inquire at that 2013 fiberglass rally at Townsend, TN, you would have discovered that every trailer the Oliver family owned was present as well as two of his sons, their wives and families. In addition to our 2008 Elite, there were three trailers as well as Jim Oliver's Dynamax. He owned a dealership that sold these Super C motor-homes. He brought one so all his grandchildren would have a place to sleep. His sons and daughter-in-laws were camped in the Oliver's.

Jim Oliver is now gone, but you can rest assured that he spent many nights in the trailers that he and his twin brother's company built before they both left this earth.

Nope, no Oliver bashing anywhere here...

2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4
scubarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:54 PM   #82

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubarx View Post
Alf, I'm sorry you became "jaded" so early on but had you actually taken the time to inquire at that 2013 fiberglass rally at Townsend, TN, you would have discovered that every trailer the Oliver family owned was present as well as two of his sons, their wives and families. In addition to our 2008 Elite, there were three trailers as well as Jim Oliver's Dynamax. He owned a dealership that sold these Super C motor-homes. He brought one so all his grandchildren would have a place to sleep. His sons and daughter-in-laws were camped in the Oliver's.

Jim Oliver is now gone, but you can rest assured that he spent many nights in the trailers that he and his twin brother's company built before they both left this earth.

Nope, no Oliver bashing anywhere here...
Trying to get some on this forum to listen ,is a losing battle . They believe what they want to. Having personally sat in 3 Oliver’s , besides the high quality hardware in and out , the excellent insulation , sitting on a day in the 90 ‘s with just
the door open silence and comfortable , did I mention the dinette seating so comfortable , electronics not down by the floor , the slide out for 4 batteries , there just is too much to mention it would take too long . Escape is ok but trying to compare the two is like comparing a Rolls To a Chevy . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #83

Trailer: 2020 21 Ft
I have had 2 problems with the Fridge ( new mother board) multiple failures of the furnace sail switch and replaced both axles due to uneven and premature tire wear on my 2020 21 Ft. The people at Escape have been of very little help, always deferring to the part supplier and refusing to answer any questions about what might have been the problem in the first place. Before you say components are not Escape's problem recall that they chose the component manufacturers. I am less than satisfied with the quality of these trailers and especially the "service" after the sale. I never had as much trouble with my Casita, but at least I don't have to crawl over my wife to hit the head. Oh, and did I mention the fun snow storm of little white particles that coats every surface of the interior when you first turn on the AC? Seems like they could have handled that during installation.
Larry Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:27 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mc View Post
I have had 2 problems with the Fridge ( new mother board) multiple failures of the furnace sail switch and replaced both axles due to uneven and premature tire wear on my 2020 21 Ft. The people at Escape have been of very little help, always deferring to the part supplier and refusing to answer any questions about what might have been the problem in the first place. Before you say components are not Escape's problem recall that they chose the component manufacturers. I am less than satisfied with the quality of these trailers and especially the "service" after the sale. I never had as much trouble with my Casita, but at least I don't have to crawl over my wife to hit the head. Oh, and did I mention the fun snow storm of little white particles that coats every surface of the interior when you first turn on the AC? Seems like they could have handled that during installation.
So sorry about your trailer problems ,but you are not dealing with a small company any longer but a hedge fund . Pat
Old 07-20-2021, 08:35 PM   #85

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
FWIW:
"Private equity funds more closely resemble venture capital firms in that they invest directly in companies, primarily by purchasing private companies, although they sometimes seek to acquire controlling interest in publicly traded companies through stock purchases. They frequently use leveraged buyouts to acquire financially distressed companies.

Unlike hedge funds focused on short-term profits, private equity funds are focused on the long-term potential of the portfolio of companies they hold an interest in or acquire." INVESTOPEDIA
Old 07-20-2021, 08:48 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
FWIW:
"Private equity funds more closely resemble venture capital firms in that they invest directly in companies, primarily by purchasing private companies, although they sometimes seek to acquire controlling interest in publicly traded companies through stock purchases. They frequently use leveraged buyouts to acquire financially distressed companies.

Unlike hedge funds focused on short-term profits, private equity funds are focused on the long-term potential of the portfolio of companies they hold an interest in or acquire." INVESTOPEDIA
Thankyou Ross for great explanation ! Still company is not the same and moving away from original concept which was what made Escape better in the first place . Pat
Old 07-20-2021, 09:09 PM   #87

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mc View Post
I've read numerous posts now that suggest Escape is not running any of the component manufacturers equipment (add-ons) through a quality control check. The fact that your AC blew out something white (packing insulation?) further supports they probably don't even turn them on.

I asked Escape about quality control in their June Q and A. I do appreciate Karl taking the time to answer but I was left wondering why he didn't just come straight out and say, we test all components to confirm they work correctly. Instead his answer seemed to stick to how they prevent issues with their build process and how they do visual inspections to catch issues.
https://youtu.be/-cH_zr7Za8s?t=594

I am now thinking that they're intentionally staying hands off with the components and passing the quality control onto the customer. They do not provide much help if any after the trailer is sold so why would they provide much if anything before its sold? They probably have a limited stock of components so finding out something is not working means they have one less ac, furnace etc to install and potentially halting their production.

I really hope these cases of people having numerous issues are rare because its going to damage Escape's reputation over time. I would never recommend their trailer to someone if I had the issues you did, UNLESS they provided top notch assistance in getting it corrected. They seem to be taking the opposite approach and passing the buck.

I am the customer of Escape and Escape is the customer of their suppliers. If Escape can't avoid installing unreliable components then they at least need to improve their department that pre-checks for faulty components and improve the department that assists customers in getting these items fixed.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:06 AM   #88

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
I've read numerous posts now that suggest Escape is not running any of the component manufacturers equipment (add-ons) through a quality control check. The fact that your AC blew out something white (packing insulation?) further supports they probably don't even turn them on.

I asked Escape about quality control in their June Q and A. I do appreciate Karl taking the time to answer but I was left wondering why he didn't just come straight out and say, we test all components to confirm they work correctly. Instead his answer seemed to stick to how they prevent issues with their build process and how they do visual inspections to catch issues.
https://youtu.be/-cH_zr7Za8s?t=594

I am now thinking that they're intentionally staying hands off with the components and passing the quality control onto the customer. They do not provide much help if any after the trailer is sold so why would they provide much if anything before its sold? They probably have a limited stock of components so finding out something is not working means they have one less ac, furnace etc to install and potentially halting their production.

I really hope these cases of people having numerous issues are rare because its going to damage Escape's reputation over time. I would never recommend their trailer to someone if I had the issues you did, UNLESS they provided top notch assistance in getting it corrected. They seem to be taking the opposite approach and passing the buck.

I am the customer of Escape and Escape is the customer of their suppliers. If Escape can't avoid installing unreliable components then they at least need to improve their department that pre-checks for faulty components and improve the department that assists customers in getting these items fixed.

Enjoy,

Perry