Poll re Escape Quality - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: When was your trailer built and how was the quality
<=2019 Pretty Happy 51 61.45%
>=2020 Pretty Happy 19 22.89%
<=2019 Major Issues with Build (e.g., construction, wiring, plumbing) 1 1.20%
>=2020 Major Issues with Build (e.g., construction, wiring, plumbing) 1 1.20%
<=2019 Major Issues with Add-ons (appliances, electric, etc) 5 6.02%
>=2020 Major Issues with Add-ons (appliances, electric, etc) 4 4.82%
<=2019 Minor Issues with Build 4 4.82%
>=2020 Minor Issues with Build 8 9.64%
<=2019 Minor Issues with Add-ons 3 3.61%
>=2020 Minor Issues with Add-ons 3 3.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2021, 04:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Question Poll re Escape Quality

I'm creating this poll in the interest of providing quality-related information to others. I'm not sure it will reflect anything new but it's probably worth a try, especially as we are now seeing 2022 pricing.

The forum's poll structure consists of ten choices, but I wanted to get a sense of when the trailer was built, and what kind of quality thoughts people have. People can choose the one poll item they feel is most important.

Built: 2019 and older, 2020 and newer
Quality thoughts
- Pretty happy
- Major issues with the build (fiberglass, framing, seals, wiring, propane, plumbing)
- Major issues with add-ons (appliances, awnings, electrical systems, water systems)
- Minor issues with the build
- Minor issues with add-ons

Please comment if you feel this is inappropriate or needs redefinition

Thank you.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Not sure exactly what info you are trying to collect? If under warranty then the item is covered?
Old 07-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not sure exactly what info you are trying to collect? If under warranty then the item is covered?
Thanks very much Jim.

Whenever there's a problem, it means "work" to have it resolved even if it's under warranty. There's been a lot of comments on the changes in the quality of the trailers in recent times, and I wondered whether it was worth while to get a sense of where problems lay and how serious they were.

I'm happy to delete the thread if you think I should. Your comments carry a lot of weight on this forum.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Seems like the poll is to gauge how much trouble owners have had with their Escape (if any), regardless of whether or not any issue was covered by warranty. I like it, and thank you camp4528 for taking the time to put it together. As someone currently in line to purchase, I hope this poll turns out to be well responded to and very informative.

Edit: OP’s response confirms the intent. Thanks again, and please do not delete.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #5

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Seems like the poll is to gauge how much trouble owners have had with their Escape (if any), regardless of whether or not any issue was covered by warranty. I like it, and thank you camp4528 for taking the time to put it together. As someone currently in line to purchase, I hope this poll turns out to be well responded to and very informative.

Edit: OP’s response confirms the intent. Thanks again, and please do not delete.
Yak,
Looks like you live 20 mins from me, if you would like to see the quality of an Escape I would be happy to show you. We have a 2019 Escape 21
Shawn
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #6

That’s very generous of you. Thank you. Need to coordinate our schedule and we’ll be in touch via PM - or would you prefer we use the official Escape Ambassador program?
Old 07-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You have no way to determine changes in owners over the years. It's my opinion that recent owners feel everything should be perfect and work indefinitely despite conditions.

It's not just with Escape trailers. It's with anything consumed. Customer is always right syndrome.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Picked up our 21NE in April. 100% satisfied...everything has worked perfectly.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021
My electric awning ( 9500E) is not under warranty per Dustin at Escape. I was told adjustments are not under warranty. Trailer is 2 months old.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:55 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The "math" of the poll & item listing makes the per cent useless - at this point we have 5 Pretty Happy<2019 & 1 Pretty Happy >2020, and the 2020 entry reduced the per cent of the <2019...
Old 07-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
The "math" of the poll & item listing makes the per cent useless - at this point we have 5 Pretty Happy<2019 & 1 Pretty Happy >2020, and the 2020 entry reduced the per cent of the <2019...
You’re right of course especially since I allowed multiple votes. so you could be very happy and have minor build problems with your 2018 19’ and be very happy and have minor add-on problems with your 2021 21 NE.

I should have tried harder in my stats course 45 years ago.

And yes I did think of turning the current how old are you thread into a poll. But I didn’t.

Thanks for this Jon.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You have no way to determine changes in owners over the years. It's my opinion that recent owners feel everything should be perfect and work indefinitely despite conditions.

It's not just with Escape trailers. It's with anything consumed. Customer is always right syndrome.
That’s not the only syndrome. Some suffer from the syndrome that ETI is always right.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
That’s not the only syndrome. Some suffer from the syndrome that ETI is always right.
If you actually read my posts, you would not reach that conclusion. But, carry on.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
You’re right of course especially since I allowed multiple votes. so you could be very happy and have minor build problems with your 2018 19’ and be very happy and have minor add-on problems with your 2021 21 NE.

I should have tried harder in my stats course 45 years ago.

And yes I did think of turning the current how old are you thread into a poll. But I didn’t.

Thanks for this Jon.
Steve -

There are lies, damn lies and statistics! I must admit that this survey suffers from that problem and, therefore, I respectfully decline to participate. If it is the input on quality you want, there is plenty to chew on in the Quality thread.

If it is the happiness you want to measure, there are too many confounding factors for the survey to help. For instance, I am disappointed with the quality but am happy with my camper. Being unhappy will cost only me, besides we are very happy to spend time in our camper. I also understand that while quality could be better, it could also be a lot worse. While short of expectations (on the basis of what I had read on this forum), it has far from terrible and one needs to keep a perspective. One must compartmentalize disappointment and to look at the bright side.

I wish you and other prospective buyers the very best with your Escape! In that end, that’s the quality that will matter to you.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 2022 21NE
I think this is great and super useful for new buyers. I think some if you are over complicating it. It's just nice to see how many people have a trailer with problems vs those with no problems. I would greatly appreciate everyone to participate even if you yourself don't see the value in it.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
I think this is great and super useful for new buyers. I think some if you are over complicating it. It's just nice to see how many people have a trailer with problems vs those with no problems. I would greatly appreciate everyone to participate even if you yourself don't see the value in it.
Concur, 100%. Clearing away the weeds, what this poll attempts to provide us prospective buyers is a metric of owner satisfaction. Is an Escape trailer worth the money in today’s RV market? So, as MichaelS78 says, please provide us prospective buyers the benefit of your experience. Thank you to the poll creator, and to all willing to participate. It’s much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:02 AM   #17

You would be better served by reading the forum than by a poll.
DEWEY WINS!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.01.29 PM.jpg  
Old 07-09-2021, 05:18 AM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
You would be better served by reading the forum than by a poll.
DEWEY WINS!
Hi: gbaglo... Take what you read with a "Grain of salt"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:16 AM   #19

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This is actually one of the questions I have?

If no one in your area will work on a Dometic part under warranty, then is the warranty worth anything? Is there, in fact, a warranty?

Case in point.
When my awning went out (literally) and quit working on the fifth month of ownership, I could only find one place willing to do the work for the ½ an hour Dometic was willing to pay for the replacement. It took over two months, three tries and two parts shipments to finally fix it. He said he would not do it again. At least six other authorized Dometic repair shops would not touch it without a 'Time and Materials Agreement' up front.

When the Dometic stove recall issue came up, they would not touch it.

I outwardly question if Dometic's warranty is worth the paper it is written on. I gave the guy $125, an hour's billing time, because he was not treated fairly.

Dometic, by itself, has cheapened the entire RV experience for me. Their Goodwill is in the negative range around here. And Escape will not have any part of the repairs other than a conversation and possibly some parts.

And now the second time I tried to use the air conditioner, it refuses to start up. Yes I have 30 amp service (as well as 50).

Am I a Dometic fan? NO!

Do I love Escape Industries? Not as much since they quit working on their own products.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:41 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
If you actually read my posts, you would not reach that conclusion. But, carry on.
I have read many of your posts and, well, I will decline to comment on it.

I will, however, defend Kavindra’s statement of the existence of two diametrically opposed syndromes. I had very few issues with my Reace/Tammy era trailer. At that time, ownership bent over backwards to address those issues. I have little experience with the current ownership so I cannot definitively speak. But if there are any quality issues, whining (I would like to use a different word) about them or telling them to avoid polls, to read the forum, or that polls tell you absolutely nothing is not the solution. There are no complicated items that are manufactured and see any degree of use (non-museum/archival items excluded) that with time remain perfect. Even a simple common pin can get dull from excessive use. There isn’t a single person on this forum or who owns an Escape trailer who can tell you in all honesty that 10 years after delivery it has not had a single malfunction or normal maintenance issue or that from the start quality was so lacking that it was a total POS. Unfortunately, those suffering from either symptom often put emotion over reasonable honesty when discussing ETI and it’s product. That being said, I find my 5.0TA to be the best, most but not entirely problem free travel trailer I have ever owned.