Power to dometic electric awning - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
Power to dometic electric awning

I do not have power to my dometic 9500 electric awning. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have talked to repair technician at camping world and they seemed to think it would be the power control box (module). However, I cannot locate it nor can I find a fuse for any of it. Has anyone else encountered the same problem or have any idea where the power control box is located in the escape 21 foot? I have a 2016 with the 2017 body style.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Is the master switch on by the door? The control module in mine is located in the top cubby...to the left of the door inside. Also check the remote battery...
Old 01-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
You would be looking for something like this and the red and black wires should have power once the switch by the door is activated.
Attached Thumbnails
298E88AF-714A-439C-9D69-84BCF8A0E9C8.jpg   82B9CAEE-A53B-4309-B6F0-A68FAC912A0A.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
The early models were wired directly. Ours was one of those so it does not have a module. Soon after escape changed them to include a module. One technician has suggested that there is possibly rust in the motor. If this is true, the awning will have to be changed as to replace the motor is too costly. What type of manual awnings is escape installing now? Does anyone have suggestions for a good manual awning? Due to our problems I would not choose an electric awning again.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm aware of a reseller in Missouri, a member here named oldstation, who rebuilds damaged Escapes. He installed a manual Fiamma awning on the last Escape he sold.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
The early models were wired directly. Ours was one of those so it does not have a module. Soon after escape changed them to include a module. One technician has suggested that there is possibly rust in the motor. If this is true, the awning will have to be changed as to replace the motor is too costly. What type of manual awnings is escape installing now? Does anyone have suggestions for a good manual awning? Due to our problems I would not choose an electric awning again.
Our 2018 has a Carefree Fiesta manual awning. There should be a fuse at the 12v fuse panel, it might be sharing the circuit with another device?
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote