Pro Flex White - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Pro Flex White

Should I purchase the Bright White or jus the White Pro Flex to match what Escape uses? Thanks!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The “color” of the Escape gel coat had changed a little over the years. I would contact Escape to learn what shade they are using on the 21s at this time. I think this would be your best bet.
After you have used what you need out of the “new tube” I have had pretty good luck with a technique related to me by another Escape owner. I have been putting some tape across the nozzle cut and then making up a food saver bag and sealing the bag with the tube in it. Otherwise, the next time you go to use the Proflex, air has entered the tube and “cured” the top inch or two of the product and rendered the rest of the tube useable. No guarantees but it’s worth a try. Worked for me.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-16-2021, 09:40 PM   #3
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
After you have used what you need out of the “new tube” I have had pretty good luck with a technique related to me by another Escape owner. I have been putting some tape across the nozzle cut and then making up a food saver bag and sealing the bag with the tube in it.
Iowa Dave
If you don't have the ability to create a food saver bag you might try a large blue wire nut. That is my go to solution to capping and saving partially used tubes of caulk. I have found that when I push hard and turn the wire nut, the metal inside the wire nut grabs the plastic tip of the caulk tube and usually seals well. If the caulk at the tip of the tube hardens, it can usually be pushed out the next time I use the tube. I currently have a partially used tube of Proflex waiting for its next use, but don't know if the wire nut has been successful.

- Kathy
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:22 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I normally insert a long screw that is longer then the tip so that it penetrates the meat of the substance, then removal seems easier.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
In addition to sealing the top of the tube, I store “open” Proflex tubes in a plastic bag and put them in the refrigerator, when at home. On the road, I generally use what I need and discard the rest.