Quality of Escape - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #141

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave58 View Post
Well in reference to my original post/subject, I now have my rear camera working again. I had to slice and peel back the headliner to install a new power cable(FREE FROM RV SYSTEMS) in a proper way with the beautiful weather-proof cable connector on the outside of the shell. Now when Escape tells me to remove the camera from my new camper and send it back to RV SYSTEMS I won’t have to take a side-cutter to the power cable and improvise for re-connection.
And to all those thruout this post who just could not understand my choice to have a rear camera, go rip the rear view mirror s out of all your cars and rely solely on your side mirrors. Then come back and tell me if you miss the rear view it provided.
Which is exactly what a high mounted rear camera is, a rear view mirror.
Glad you fixed your issue, as fas as cameras, I know that some motor homes have them, but towing without a rearview mirror is SOP when towing a trailer. Your side mirrors are all that is needed and certainly adequate for a majority of owners. You can see behind your trailer with just a little swerve, same for a motorhome. Backing up can also be achieved with just side view mirrors. I always thought the camera on the rear was for watching the Toad being pulled by those behemoths.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #142

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Well in reference to my original post/subject,
I'm confused, nothing new about that. The original post seems to be "Quality of Escape". How did your post become the original one?

I've nothing against rear view cameras. My last Escape had two. But I just made the maiden voyage with my new 21. The thought that crossed my mind is that I'd yet to install the cameras. Then another thought was, maybe not, do I really need them? So whatever flicks your switch in that department.

Was the camera problem directly related to Escapes installation?

My first blush opinion after only a two night trip, with everything working as it should, is that the quality of the build hasn't gone down from my 19 and I could see some items that were an improvement.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #143

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ron, are you having any issues with the stove leaking propane? What about the the new refer, mine works great. I also like the new style faucet.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #144

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Butt Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: 75thRanger... Butt, butt, butt!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I used to stop in a butt joint after work. The haze was so thick you couldn’t see clear to the back. Quarts of beer were $1.25 and you could see the buckshot holes in the ceiling where a would be robber backed out the front door, forgetting the step there, finger on the trigger and safety off, the discharge sprayed the ceiling. The name of the joint was the CIO. Good Times!
Iowa Dave
Old 10-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #145

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ron, are you having any issues with the stove leaking propane? What about the the new refer, mine works great. I also like the new style faucet.
No problem at all and the flush top is a big hit. Ice cream was rock hard when we got home today. Yes, the faucet is a big improvement and M. likes that the brushed finish matches the Springfield pedestal.

The only item that was a puzzle was the comment on furnace operation that referenced turning on a switch located via the exterior hatch. At least now I know that opening up the exterior access isn't a biggie like it was in the 19.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #146

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Well in reference to my original post/subject, I now have my rear camera working again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm confused, nothing new about that. The original post seems to be "Quality of Escape". How did your post become the original one?
Was the camera problem directly related to Escapes installation?
I assume that Dave was referring to his first post in this thread, which was about the rear camera installation as a quality issue. See post #10.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #147

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
..And to all those thruout this post who just could not understand my choice to have a rear camera, go rip the rear view mirror s out of all your cars and rely solely on your side mirrors. Then come back and tell me if you miss the rear view it provided.
Which is exactly what a high mounted rear camera is, a rear view mirror.
I am quite comfortable using my side mirrors and tow mirrors for viewing beside me and behind me when towing, and don't really miss the view from my rearview mirror at all! Although I do not begrudge others their decision to have a camera mounted behind them, that feature would be wasted and seldom used if I had it on any of my trailers.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #148

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I am quite comfortable using my side mirrors and tow mirrors for viewing beside me and behind me when towing, and don't really miss the view from my rearview mirror at all! Although I do not begrudge others their decision to have a camera mounted behind them, that feature would be wasted and seldom used if I had it on any of my trailers.
Oh man, I am going to have to agree with a guy from near Edmonton. [emoji849][emoji16]

Vision from side mirrors affords so much of a better view than that of the center mirror, if in fact you can even use one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #149

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
Can't remember the last time I did a 'Butt Joint'
About two years ago a neighbor gave me all the material needed for a "Butt Joint". I have yet to assemble it. But, I have been thinking about it lately.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:00 AM   #150

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Butt joints work well with biscuits.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #151

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
About two years ago a neighbor gave me all the material needed for a "Butt Joint" but I have yet to assemble it. But I have been thinking of it lately.
Hi: Farther... I too have a "Butt Joint". It usually takes me to sit a spell to figure it out. I've also had the boot a few times but that's easier to figure out!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #152

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I used to stop in a butt joint after work. The haze was so thick you couldn’t see clear to the back. Quarts of beer were $1.25 and you could see the buckshot holes in the ceiling where a would be robber backed out the front door, forgetting the step there, finger on the trigger and safety off, the discharge sprayed the ceiling. The name of the joint was the CIO. Good Times!
Iowa Dave
Those rough and ready roadhouses are just about gone here in south Texas.

Local law got meaner then the customers!
Old 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #153

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Oh man, I am going to have to agree with a guy from near Edmonton. [emoji849][emoji16]..
Don't worry too much about it Jim, I may work in Edmonton but I actually live somewhere else.

ps I did live in Calgary for about 17 years before moving away from that fine city.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #154

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Is joining pieces together for longer than a 4 foot span a new thing? On our 2007 17B we have cupboards longer than 4 foot without a join. Wondering if this is part of the expediated manufacturing process now in play? Does anyone with a newer 19 have the join? We are thinking about going up to a 19 but don't think I'd like a "butt join".
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #155

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
don't think I'd like a "butt join".

You probably do have them in your trailer, but can't see them. This is where I did a surface repair. Could have done a better job matching grain, but then you wouldn't see what I'm trying to show.
Attached Thumbnails
Tape 1.jpg   Tape 2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #156

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Is joining pieces together for longer than a 4 foot span a new thing? On our 2007 17B we have cupboards longer than 4 foot without a join. Wondering if this is part of the expediated manufacturing process now in play? Does anyone with a newer 19 have the join? We are thinking about going up to a 19 but don't think I'd like a "butt join".
Hi: lorrie... Four foot span refers to a 4X8' sheet of paneling. Where two sheets adjoin there needs to be a cover of some sort. The sheets of paneling are grained so the tape doesn't show to much. You really need to run your fingers over the walls to pick out the joins. Ours has be that way since new in 2014. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #157

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
In my experience, the joints where there is tape are so very few, always short and really hard to see. In 11 years of Escape ownership I have never considered it an issue, and folks know I like good stuff. [emoji16]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #158

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Since we encountered just about every weather variation on the way home from ETI, we got to test all systems. Happy to report that the only issue we encountered was with the Maxx fan. It would spin up and then stop. You never knew if the fan was on or off. Dave sending me a new circuit board. We did use the AC heat strip a lot to save on propane and it worked well.
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #159

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 and a less than thrilled 2017 Tacoma dragging it around the countryside
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
Still heading home after Orientation and noticed a cut covered up with the boo boo tape (faux tape). The rear panel above the cabinet has been cut (top to bottom) and covered up with the tape. I would think that piece of wood would be one continuous piece. Not sure if others have this too. ETI did give me some extra tape which is a perfect match.

My 21' (delivered 9-23-2019) has the exact same tape, top and bottom of the rear upper cabinet door. Dead center of the panel. I would imagine it's a cost-cutting improvement.

Seriously, I've been nothing but impressed with the build quality of this trailer so far. Yes, there are a few things I would have done differently but nothing crazy, unlike my Forest River R-pod. That thing is an intellectual disaster.

Is it too many people or not enough beach?
rjreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #160

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
quality of escape

Richard, we also had an R-pod for about 6 months. Now we are on 3rd escape in almost 10 years.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote