Quality Reduction + 10% Price Increase = - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2021, 02:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 17B
I know it's been pointed out before, but I do think it's important to remember that for Escape's USA customers, you are seeing not only a price increase but also the reflection of a change in the purchasing power of a US dollar against a Canadian one. Typically this had been biased in your favor. It just happens that the pricing change is also occurring when that ratio is not so kind to you as it once was. (Don't worry, our inflation will catch yours soon enough I'm sure).
Not all of the total increase can be viewed as cost based or profit based. As to quality, that's not as simple to quantify.
Bayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
News Flash! And since you used capital letters, YOU DO NOT GET TO DESIGNATE WHO CAN AND WHO CANNOT RESPOND TO YOUR POST. Forum rules. If you don’t like them, complain to a site team member or exercise your option to go elsewhere. And if you are going to post something that is controversial, with all your “business experience,” you should expect that you will get critical responses.

And last I knew, Escape customers do pay in Canadian dollars, or at least US dollars adjusted to the current exchange rate.

If you are upset with the demographics of those who responded to your post, perhaps you should start your own forum where you can restrict membership. Or perhaps you should ask ETI management why trailer prices are rising just like food, gas, vehicles and everything else I purchase, and why the quality of their product is going down. And I am not attacking your integrity, but I question the validity of your question.
+1 well said.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #43

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Just what I expected

Just when you have an opinion the thousand post club jumps on you.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
No problems

For the record, we have a '17 5.0TA with ZERO problems so far.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Most of the thousand post club has bad hips, bad knees, bad ankles and sore feet. They might jump but
only once, then they have to recover for a couple days. They are not dumb though, they all have stock in Advil. Is that insider trading?
Iowa Dave
Old 07-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post

What are you referring to? What post? And if someone has a different opinion, is that a problem?
I know I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Another Escape on order? I would have thought you had figured out how to refill those pesky propane tanks by now.

But back to the OP's question. I have evaluated for defects every part of my Escape and worked on numerous other Escapes. Escape quality issues are by far because of third party manufacturers like Maxxfan, Dometic, etc. with few issues because of build quality by Escape.

I had a hard look at how Oliver and Airstreams are built and wouldn't buy one on a bet. Have you ever seen what an Airstream looks like that has been through a hail storm? Or tried to repair the plumbing / electrical that runs through the unaccessible channels in an Oliver?

All travel trailer manufacturers have some issue that owners complain about but they still love their trailers. If you are looking for travel trailer that is perfect, then the only way that happens is you make it perfect yourself.

And my sig says it all. I am running out of things on my trailer to make perfect. Maybe I should take cpaharley2008's lead and start over with a new Escape.
I am curious have you actually looked at an Oliver or worked on one? We did and I saw quite a few service portals for maintenance. Just curiosity not a criticism.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #48

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Kind of resent that.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #49

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
All of this BS impresses me. Not . Don’t like the price, Have problems with how you perceive the quality, Don’t like the lack of middleman dealers. Could be a lot of two word phases to sum this all up. I’ll stay without expletives: Walk Away.

The world turns, things change, the adaptable do, the un- adaptable are composted by sun, wind, water and flesh eating insects.

Have a great weekend. There are trails to be taken, food to be harvested and eaten and fires to be built to warm you.
Iowa Dave
Oh Deer
Well said.
jediwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #50

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
. Just when you have an opinion the thousand post club jumps on you.
Wow wow wow I had not noticed that some of the members had posts in the thousands! Gbaglo with 16k! That's a lot of snarky posts I kid I kid.

While on the subject I've been wondering what leads to members posting this much? Is it the community that builds after meeting each other at rallies? Or you just love your escapes that much? Pretty neat either way.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
Wow wow wow I had not noticed that some of the members had posts in the thousands! Gbaglo with 16k! That's a lot of snarky posts I kid I kid.

Jeff started this forum in 2008 and asked me to be moderator, which I did for ten years. Who'd have thunk?
I've been reading every post since the beginning, and sometimes commenting. My snark is a recent development.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Kind of resent that.
I really value your posts and all the other very talented people on this form. I have learnt so much and everyone is there if I have a problem. Thank you to all you over 1000 people
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #53

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Unfortunately, from what I've been seeing lately that's true. But what do I know I'm a 1,000 post member. It doesn't matter if your a new member or a 10,000 post member, the object should be to help, not continually insult.

Not enough civility here towards the new members lately.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-11-2021, 06:33 AM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Unfortunately, from what I've been seeing lately that's true. But what do I know I'm a 1,000 post member. It doesn't matter if your a new member or a 10,000 post member, the object should be to help, not continually insult.

Enjoy,

Perry
I respectfully somewhat disagree. I think most new members are welcomed and are treated with civility. Especially those who have never owned an Escape and are wanting to learn. As to the “1,000 post club,” my mother taught me to respect my elders and to listen to those with more experience than me. I did that in 2014/2015 when I ordered my 5.0TA. But I know a helluva lot more about Escapes than I did back then.
Words are important, and the way they are strung together even more so. 1,000 post club or newbie, if you are going to post something that might be considered snarky, intentionally or not, other members will likely jump on it. I have posted and at times been jumped on. I did not view it as a personal attack. For example, Glenn Baglo has admitted he was a moderator for ten years, and has stated his becoming more “snarky” is a recent development. I have met Glenn face-to-face. I like Glenn, but I am sure he will tell you I jump on some of his more snarky posts, as he has mine (often through PMs). That doesn’t mean there is a lack of civility; it just means that sometimes we do not completely agree with or are annoyed with what the other has posted. Would I ever attack his integrity? Absolutely not. And I recognize his right to state what he believes.
In reality, if one is going to participate in any forum, one must have a thicker skin than the gelcoat on an Escape. That realization comes after being involved for a while and reading many threads. The fact that another member posts something that disagrees with another member (as I am doing here), or states something that isn’t “blowing sunshine up a part of another member’s anatomy” does not necessarily mean there is a lack of civility.

Chill, everyone!
Old 07-11-2021, 07:17 AM   #55

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
For all you potential customers of a new Escape.

Please help me understand this equation.
Since Friday my simple post resulted into me being told to cite my source, called snarky, called a competitor, told to buy another brand, told to start my own forum, told to walk away, I somehow pissed off Iowa Dave?, questioned the tone of my post, called threatening, thin skinned and could have worded my question in a different way.

Think about that on this beautiful Sunday morning.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #56

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Since Friday my simple post resulted into me being told to cite my source, called snarky, called a competitor, told to buy another brand, told to start my own forum, told to walk away, I somehow pissed off Iowa Dave?, questioned the tone of my post, called threatening, thin skinned and could have worded my question in a different way.

Why not just drop it and maybe the 'problem' will just go away with time. Like most problems do.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:47 AM   #57

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

Enjoy,

Perry
Your post, along with many others have helped me out in working my way through a big challenge. Trying to pick out options without a actual showroom as I’m getting ready to drop $45,000, and that’s before taxes-help from you and others is way appreciated.

I’m sure it’s not the amount of post from some thats the problem, but the nastiness does come from the same few people. Just so happens most of them have been on here a long time.

The recent societal development of arrogantly looking down on those that have a different outlook has worked its way into of all things a RV site.

And right about now, if your feeling your blood pressure go up while reading this, you’re one of them.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:22 AM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:

Hi: WillyB... I think that most times, doing nothing... is the best thing to do!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Your post, along with many others have helped me out in working my way through a big challenge. Trying to pick out options without a actual showroom as I’m getting ready to drop $45,000, and that’s before taxes-help from you and others is way appreciated.

I’m sure it’s not the amount of post from some thats the problem, but the nastiness does come from the same few people. Just so happens most of them have been on here a long time.

The recent societal development of arrogantly looking down on those that have a different outlook has worked its way into of all things a RV site.

And right about now, if your feeling your blood pressure go up while reading this, you’re one of them.
Most of the forum members are here to learn or help others. A few are here to make snarky comments to anyone that attempts to do either.

Which is why I quit as a moderator here and rarely post anymore - I had had enough of putting up with the few.

This thread started out as a discussion on the quality of Escapes and now had transmuted to a discussion of snarky commenters.

Can we get back to the OP's subject - the nasty comments will always be here until the forum admin decides to make it stop.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #60

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Most of the forum members are here to learn or help others. A few are here to make snarky comments to anyone that attempts to do either.

Which is why I quit as a moderator here and rarely post anymore - I had had enough of putting up with the few.

This thread started out as a discussion on the quality of Escapes and now had transmuted to a discussion of snarky commenters.

Can we get back to the OP's subject - the nasty comments will always be here until the forum admin decides to make it stop.

Enjoy,

Perry