Questions before submitting our build sheet - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Hi Ross,

We were told it was repeating, although it was just stripes. So we doubled it. I couldn't quote your post just now. The forum is really messing up. Can't add photos to posts either, or I'd show you what they specified on our build sheet. Something screwy.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #42

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
I also ordered the Dupione fabric and was asked to send 28 yards. I wanted full wrap plus 2 extra filler cushions. I think I’m going to run the fabric vertically. (u shaped dinette also)

I know I’m going to want a couple of throw pillows out of the same fabric also. I won’t mind if I have extra fabric left over in case repairs are needed down the road.
Porterville, CA
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #43
Site Team

It's good that you won't mind having extra Sandy. You will. Lots.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiki724 View Post
Forgot to add that I requested full wrap on cushions. Still, 21 yards
Here are the relevant sections from our build sheet. Note, a U-shaped dinette, double the fabric, also with a full wrap. 17 yards sent, approximately 7 left over.

EDIT: on second thought, perhaps our pattern wasn't really repeating, and didn't require the doubling of the fabric? That would mean they used about 10 yards, but would have used 20 if it actually repeated and required it? Just thinking out loud.
Attached Thumbnails
fabric1.JPG   fabric2.JPG   fabric3.JPG  
Old 01-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We have a U in the 19 and I recall only sending about 11-12 yds with full wrap. There is quite a bit still left out there in the garage, so I meet Donna’s replacement quantity as well. Can’t imagine needing 21 yards. Maybe Upholsterers daughter needs a prom dress and they liked your fabric choice?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
I have a 19 on order with the standard dinette and also using Sunbrella dupione. They asked me for 21 yards which I also found excessive. Which way are you running the fabric?
I was thinking horizontal across the cushion. Then I thought I really would like the valances running vertical which may look funky because the the lines won't follow in a similar pattern. Which way are you thinking of running yours?
MaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have a U in the 19 and I recall only sending about 11-12 yds with full wrap. There is quite a bit still left out there in the garage, so I meet Donna’s replacement quantity as well. Can’t imagine needing 21 yards. Maybe Upholsterers daughter needs a prom dress and they liked your fabric choice?
You got me laughing over this fabric problem with the prom dress
Old 01-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #48

I'm attaching two pictures. One of the fabric I've picked (light or darker not decided yet) and then how I've seen this type of weave/pattern used on an cushion. From what I've been told by people that have worked with upholstery fabric and other kinds of fabric is the one I've picked is not a 'pattern unless it is cut and cording is used on the cushion'. Meaning each individual piece is cut. When wrapped the ends of the cushion could or would have the pattern going in the other direction. Personal preference on how the customer would like it. See the colorful fabric picture for this example.

I have no need for an abundant amount of left over fabric. If I go full wrap and a hole develops or stain - I flip the cushion over. 11+ yards of fabric is way too much for me as is 7 yards of left over fabric. In 5 or more years and I tire of the fabric or it's looking warn and outdated I will recover myself. I've done it before and can do it again. Granted I've never taken on a big project like this, but could take the project on during a cold ND winter.

On another matter - I would like to ask again about the brake/signal lights. Do those lights stay on all the time when we have the lights turned on at night. In other words they work the same as the standard lights that come on the bottom of the trailer. I know .. dumb question, but wanted to double check
Attached Thumbnails
20180128_120630.jpg   FABRIC ON CUSHION.jpg  
Old 01-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryK View Post
I'm attaching two pictures. One of the fabric I've picked (light or darker not decided yet) and then how I've seen this type of weave/pattern used on an cushion. From what I've been told by people that have worked with upholstery fabric and other kinds of fabric is the one I've picked is not a 'pattern unless it is cut and cording is used on the cushion'. Meaning each individual piece is cut. When wrapped the ends of the cushion could or would have the pattern going in the other direction. Personal preference on how the customer would like it. See the colorful fabric picture for this example.

I have no need for an abundant amount of left over fabric. If I go full wrap and a hole develops or stain - I flip the cushion over. 11+ yards of fabric is way too much for me as is 7 yards of left over fabric. In 5 or more years and I tire of the fabric or it's looking warn and outdated I will recover myself. I've done it before and can do it again. Granted I've never taken on a big project like this, but could take the project on during a cold ND winter.

On another matter - I would like to ask again about the brake/signal lights. Do those lights stay on all the time when we have the lights turned on at night. In other words they work the same as the standard lights that come on the bottom of the trailer. I know .. dumb question, but wanted to double check
If you disconnect the tow vehicle, the tail lights (and brake/signal lights) will be off. It the tow vehicle is connected, they will do the same thing as the tow vehicle.

Not sure what you mean by the "standard lights that come on the bottom of the trailer".
Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
If you disconnect the tow vehicle, the tail lights (and brake/signal lights) will be off. It the tow vehicle is connected, they will do the same thing as the tow vehicle.

Not sure what you mean by the "standard lights that come on the bottom of the trailer".
What I meant about standard lights on the bottom of the trailer is the two lights in each corner on the rear bottom half of the trailer. I should of worded my question better. The above ones I'm asking about is the added option that we were thinking of getting.

Thank you for letting us know it works the same as the tow vehicle. That is what we were hoping for and thought it would be, but thought we should check first.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #51

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, they are illuminated as a marker light but get brighter when brakes are applied.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, they are illuminated as a marker light but get brighter when brakes are applied.
Thank you
Old 01-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I was originally going to run it vertical because of the same reason as you (the valences would look funky), but decided on horizontal including the valences. I had asked one of the fabric houses and they said since we will be sliding in across the fabric when we sit it would wear better.
I really think sunbrella would wear the same either way. In the end I think horizontal is a more natural orientation and draws the eye across making it look more spacious. Who knows?

All I know is those valences better be perfectly horizontal at the edges for the amount of money in excess fabric this has cost me...lol
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #54

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
just another "me too" reply.

upper tail lights? YES. tell the world your intentions.
Storage box? YES. we added it to our 19 (used) and couldn't imagine NOT having it.

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #55

Quote:
I was originally going to run it vertical because of the same reason as you (the valences would look funky), but decided on horizontal including the valences. I had asked one of the fabric houses and they said since we will be sliding in across the fabric when we sit it would wear better.
I really think sunbrella would wear the same either way. In the end I think horizontal is a more natural orientation and draws the eye across making it look more spacious. Who knows?

All I know is those valences better be perfectly horizontal at the edges for the amount of money in excess fabric this has cost me...lol
That was my concern too - would the horizontal lines be straight on the valances. On the bright side you will have extra fabric to do it yourself if not straight