Reasons for chosing 17vs19, or 19vs17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #1

Reasons for chosing 17vs19, or 19vs17

I'm torn about which would work best for me, and wonder how others decided.
Originally I thought 17, then I've seen many people went from a 17 to 19 so now I'm not as certain.
Most of the time it's just me and the 2 greyhounds, but sometimes I have guests. I realize ultimately it's personal choice, but insights gained from others experience would be a big help.
I'm old enough to know i don't have to make ALL the mistakes myself; I CAN learn from other's
I've learned quite a bit already, and enjoyed the photos too, from different board members.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: Reasons for chosing 17vs19, or 19vs17

Deb, the Escape 17 was on my short list, and when the 19 came out I jumped at it for only a few reasons. They may, or may not, be ones that you would purchase based on.

1. A permanent queen sized bed.
This was by far the biggest thing in swaying my decision.
My wife insisted on a permanent bed, for good reason too. She did not want to have to set up a bed every night, and I am an early riser and would like a dinette to go sit at for my morning coffee, reading, browsing, whatever. The large dinette left as a permanent bed in the 17 would have been fine, but we do like the idea of a queen bed.
2. The increased height and width. Though I am not overly tall at 6-0, I do like a bit more room.
3. Escape managed to keep it down to a reasonable tow weight as well.

If it was just me and a couple dogs, with only an occasional guest, I would likely have gone with the 17.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: Reasons for chosing 17vs19, or 19vs17

Hi: deb h... I think you can get used to what ever you have!!! I like the 5th. wh. for hooking up & unhooking. We really do like the full sized queen bed and with the 5.0 it's front to back. Ok so we need a pickup truck...well that's no problem either. Our trailer sleeps 4...two at a time!!!
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote