Recommend best options - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Our 5.0 was built with lots of options, some we haven't used in our first month, 3 weeks of camping. We bought inventoried unit... so we didn't make any choices, except adding high axle, aluminum rims, tv support (and haven't put TV up yet! ha!)

Definitely used lights and charging outlets on both sides of bed!
A/C!
back up camera! (love having it on while driving to see what's going on back there)
outside outlet... might want 2

The one thing I wish I had was a bigger sink.
check on that.

Ushaped table - love it!... wish I the opportunity to cut down the back side of the table so adults could sit there. Table is plenty big. Wish I hadn't gotten the 2 post option for support. It's too much under the table.

Have fun in choosing... it's a treat most RVers don't have!

Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Yes, bigger sink...ETI will install one you supply for free.

Consider how much you'll be hooked to shore power - what your expected habits will be - and that will help guide your decisions. For example, if you'll be boondocking a lot, a MW or AC may not be used much.

If you don't use many 120V electric accessories (teapot, hair dryer, waffle iron, computers, whatever), an inverter may not be used much.

But if you DO plan on boondocking, the dual batts and solar panel(s) would be beneficial...again, consider your elec needs to determine one or two panels. (you can always add the ZAMP port for a future portable panel, which would not need an additional controller and thus be fairly inexpensive).

I personally had a hard time justifying the cost of the underfloor insulation, especially as it's 1) ugly) and 2) in the way of accessing undercarriage stuff - I'll be adding rigid foam insulation panels as others have (a bit of labor but much cheaper).

It's pretty easy to run the cost through the roof by adding stuff you may not use or need. Some speak of 'resale value' as motivation for adding everything, but frankly i don't think that holds water, as every Escape that comes up for sale is sold quickly.

Good luck!
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We have the Weber Baby Q with the regulator removed, also have our fire pit adapted to use it and our Camp Chef oven is now adapted to use it....Even have a Y connected to have two things hooked up at one time.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
It's pretty easy to run the cost through the roof by adding stuff you may not use or need. Some speak of 'resale value' as motivation for adding everything, but frankly i don't think that holds water, as every Escape that comes up for sale is sold quickly.
I would agree with this. Any Escape that is appropriately priced seems to sell quickly regardless of age or options.

Tags
best options, new to the community