registering my travel trailer in Arizona - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
2 weeks ago the clerical staff at the front desks stated our trailer was "Gray Market". Today the Sworn Officer said our trailer is "Imported". Guess that is why they are paid more. ;-)
Very glad to hear you are now making forward progress and that the 'sworn officer' understands the distinction. It sounds like 'AZ registration joy' is imminent, congrats!

Have Fun!
Old 09-29-2021, 07:35 PM   #42

Trailer: 2020 E-19
I hope your registration experience went/is going/eventually goes smoothly. YMMV, but I wasted a bunch of time at an "Approved Third Party" before using the DMV at the same (Glendale) branch as the inspection.
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Update 09-30-2021

So, today with ALL the appropriate paperwork in hand we presented to the third party MVD services location that we began with 2 weeks ago. Only to be told that effective YESTERDAY, they are no longer permitted by the State of Arizona to register ANY imports! Unbelievable! She suggested we go to the nearby AZ MVD office in Apache Junction to register/title/tag our 21NE. We drove over there and waited in line for about 30 minutes. Met with a really nice lady, Christy, who after taking our $3,900, presented us with a paper license plate and we were on our way. Arizona no longer issues plates, tags and titles on the spot. They will be mailed to us in the next 2 weeks. At least it is done and we can pay next year's registration on line. END OF STORY
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0 TA
Hello KathyTony1985. Congratulations after the multitude of hoops that you had to jump through licensing your 2021 Escape. Curious, as it appears your vehicle is brand new, correct? I just purchased a pre-owned 2020 5.0 in Florida and am about to head out in the next few days driving from Sun City West, AZ to the Panhandle to bring it back here. As it has been licensed in FL, do you think ADOT MVD will give me as much hassle to license our pre-owned baby?

I am expecting the title to be received today via FEDEX (been tracking it for 24 hours), and I plan on going into DMV tomorrow morning when they open, and am trying to anticipate what DMV challenges DMV may throw my way!

I wanted to license it now and take the temporary plates with me so that I can put them on the new-to-us 2020 5.0.

THANKS and again, congratulations on making it to the paper plate stage!! :-)

Jim
Jim_and_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:22 PM   #45

I don't think you will have any problems at all. Because our trailer was brand new and has never been titled or licensed we had the extra hassle. Yours is already been titled and it's licensed in Florida I'm guessing. I would think if you just take the title and a bill of sale and proof of insurance, you should be able to swap it over easily or at least get a 30-day permit temporary to drive it back from Florida to Arizona. Good luck! Enjoy your new baby!
Old 09-30-2021, 03:11 PM   #46

Quote:
..... END OF STORY
And what an epic saga it's been, whew!

Congrats, finally, now Have Fun!
Old 09-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #47

Thank you, we will now go have FUN!!
Old 10-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #48

KathyTony, you were right, but it did require two trips. I went solo without my spouse, and they would only put my name on the title unless he signed a form; so I had to bring that home and return today with the form completed. From there, it was very smooth, a bit pricy, but smooth nonetheless. Both you & I suspected that as the 2020 was previously registered in Florida, we didn't have to jump through the fun hurdles that you did.

Hope to see you on the road here in AZ.

Jim
Old 10-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_and_Tom View Post
KathyTony, you were right, but it did require two trips. I went solo without my spouse, and they would only put my name on the title unless he signed a form; so I had to bring that home and return today with the form completed. From there, it was very smooth, a bit pricy, but smooth nonetheless. Both you & I suspected that as the 2020 was previously registered in Florida, we didn't have to jump through the fun hurdles that you did.

Hope to see you on the road here in AZ.

Jim
Oops, forgot about that part. Yes, if you want both names on the title you need to both be on the form.

Yes, I hope to see you all too! We're headed south to a Boondocker's Welcome site in Hereford, AZ next weekend. Our maiden voyage. We're going to check out Bisbee and Tombstone. We've been testing out systems here at home and don't expect any problems on our trip. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-01-2021, 08:50 PM   #50

Quote:
Oops, forgot about that part. Yes, if you want both names on the title you need to both be on the form.

Yes, I hope to see you all too! We're headed south to a Boondocker's Welcome site in Hereford, AZ next weekend. Our maiden voyage. We're going to check out Bisbee and Tombstone. We've been testing out systems here at home and don't expect any problems on our trip. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy your first trip! Beautiful part of the state. 😀
Old 10-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #51

In TX, though I walked out of the County Clerk's Office with a metal license plate after submitting paperwork and paying taxes on 8/27 (the day after I returned home from delivery pickup), the title still had to be processed by the state DMV and mailed. No worries, but still glad to get this in the mail today, now all truly is 'said and done' with documented proof in-hand.

(in TX, Body Style Code "CT" = "Camping Trailer")

Yes, we are Having Fun Now, and hope everyone else is too!
Attached Thumbnails
ESCAPE TRAILER TITLE.jpg