Requested new floorplan for 5.0th - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2020, 08:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 19
Requested new floorplan for 5.0th

Where do you go to request a floorplan? I designed this floorplan for the 5.0ta but could also be made for the Escape 21. For families who don't want to put down the table every night.

It also had a dry bath.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Escape 5.0 alternate floorplan.jpg  
Waspvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The existing 21 has lots of counter space, which is missing.
Need to show location of wheel wells.
A lot of weight at back and passenger side.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 19
I just took the current 5.0ta floorplan and drew this over the top of the other one. Just because the bathroom is on the back doesn't mean the fresh water tank can't be up front to help offset the weight. Also, I have seen this floorplan in other trailers and 5th wheels so I know it is possible. I am just the idea giver, I don't have all the answers.
Waspvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Email it to ETI if you want them to see it.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
Interesting concept nicely done.
It looks like there is seating for only three, would four fit comfortably?
The bathroom may be too small for a separate shower, not much elbow room in there. Maybe a wet bath would be needed, perhaps with a new design fiberglass liner.
It would be a shame to lose the three windows in the back but bunk beds are nice to have.
It is nice to have beds for the kids and a dinette that can be used when they are asleep.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I personally do not like it. It looks to me like the person sleeping on the left hand side of the bed would have to crawl over the feet of the person on the right hand side, potentially waking them up in the middle of a dream (one of the most desirable features of the 5.0TA). Plus, it results in loss of storage in the steps, loss of the wardrobe closet, and loss of what little counter space there is in the current layout. The Springfield pedestal greatly reduces the inconvenience of raising and lowering the table, and sleeping bags or something like an RV SuperSack would alleviate the bed making inconvenience. My vote would be that the detriments of this proposed layout greatly outweigh any benefits.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Interesting. As you mention, I think there's an RPOD (not 5th wheel) with a similar configuration.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
RP-193 with slide out?
Attached Thumbnails
RP193.jpg  
Old 04-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #9

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I personally do not like it. It looks to me like the person sleeping on the left hand side of the bed would have to crawl over the feet of the person on the right hand side, potentially waking them up in the middle of a dream (one of the most desirable features of the 5.0TA). Plus, it results in loss of storage in the steps, loss of the wardrobe closet, and loss of what little counter space there is in the current layout. The Springfield pedestal greatly reduces the inconvenience of raising and lowering the table, and sleeping bags or something like an RV SuperSack would alleviate the bed making inconvenience. My vote would be that the detriments of this proposed layout greatly outweigh any benefits.
I would have to agree with you, especially on the storage aspect which is one of Escapes attributes. Under the sink and one seating area you would have wheel wells so no storage there and the upper cabinets are really only good for small light items. This only leaves a small cabinet by the door. I assume this is designed to accommodate travelling with kids since you have included bunks as well. My recollection regarding travelling with kids is you tend to bring a lot of "stuff".
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Have to agree with you. For a trailer the size of a 5.0 TA to me a wet bath and bunks just doesn’t make sense. Looks like sleeping for 5, but standing room for 2 and no counter space at all for cooking and the extra bodies and loss of storage just wouldn’t work for me.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote