Return to ETI for Upgrade, Modification, Repair? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Return to ETI for Upgrade, Modification, Repair?

Periodically I see references to folks returning to ETI to have stuff done (upgrades, modifications or repairs). Sounds interesting, but I have a few questions:
1. What do you need to do to make the necessary arrangements?
2. Are they able to do the work as scheduled?
3. How expensive is it, compared to an RV place?
4. What are some examples of upgrades/modifications/repairs you have had done?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:04 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I am not aware of any factory modifications performed by ETI, in fact any warranty issues are normally done by 3 rd parties. ETI is strictly a manufacturer, to best of my knowledge.
Old 12-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
Periodically I see references to folks returning to ETI to have stuff done (upgrades, modifications or repairs). Sounds interesting, but I have a few questions:
1. What do you need to do to make the necessary arrangements?
2. Are they able to do the work as scheduled?
3. How expensive is it, compared to an RV place?
4. What are some examples of upgrades/modifications/repairs you have had done?
That was all prior to when ETI was sold in 2018. They no longer work on ETI trailers, except (perhaps) immediately after the first sale. And I do mean immediately, like you just picked it up...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Back in the day we had surge Protection installed, solar and dual 6V batteries, power vent fan in the bathroom. It was reasonably priced, easy to schedule, professionally executed and came with personal, personable, unhurried instructions. It was for us, the Camelot of trailer sales and service. Since the “change”, we’ve not returned to Chilliwack and have completed numerous upgrades and the few minimal repairs by ourselves.

Your best bet may be to appeal to forum members for a recommendation of a trailer service business that they’ve had a good experience near you. This seems to work for folks pretty well. Kind of a yelp for fiberglass.

When it comes to actual repair of the fiberglass shell, reccomendatioms often turn to fiberglass boat repair businesses.

On axles, bearings and brakes, that are usually referred to as runnning gear, frame and axle shops are often preferred to RV trailer dealerships.

Finally on hitch changeouts it’s common for the owner to select and purchase the preferred hitch after locating a welding shop with expertise in trailer hitch installation.
Like if you want the original coupler removed and a “Bulldog” coupler installed.

I am a proponent of using a certified welder, others may be comfortable with non certified welders. Probably a throwback to my public service mantra “Salis Populi Suprema Lex”. The peoples safety is the highest law.

Iowa Dave
Old 12-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
ETI had a hard scrabble beginning. Reace was making his living rehabbing f,g, trailers. Then came the first Escape built in a chicken coop. The story of getting started producing f.g. trailers is one of sheer grit. It was also one of Reace continuing to work on any and all trailers.

This diminished about 2016 ? when ETI did a large expansion and doubled their capacity. But their job is to manufacture a unique Escape. After that any RV place
can do either custom work or service the equipment common to most trailers.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote