RV Show: Stick trailers in MN - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2022, 10:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
RV Show: Stick trailers in MN

We attended the "Metro RV Dealers Association Super Sale" at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis yesterday. Although we've purchased our 21 NE and will be picking it up in May, we were interested in seeing what's available in the mainstream stick trailer world. We weren't impressed by anything we saw. The solar options were very limited across the board. The cabinets, upholstery, flooring and interior items seemed to be of very poor quality. And for reference, check out the price of the KZ Escape 18E, a 22' trailer. With its rear ramp, the interior how a much different feel than that of a fiberglass Escape. Storage is a plus but it's lacking in creature comforts. You'll notice there wasn't a fiberglass or aluminum unit in the stadium. We're glad we chose Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5473.jpeg   IMG_5481.jpeg  
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
We did the same thing at the Indy RV Show in January. We signed our 21C build sheet about a week before the show (we also have a May completion date), but we were curious to see some of the brands on display. We had already viewed brands like Airstream, nuCamp, Grand Design, and Winnebago as well. None of the travel trailers we saw at the Indy show impressed us in the least. Very flimsy construction in our opinion - including the Lance models. We both agreed we made the absolute best decision choosing Escape.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
In 2016 when we were beginning to look into trailers we attended a number of rv shows. We found poorly made stick built that were cheaper than Escapes but not by very much. While Escapes have gone up these sticky’s have about doubled. Not impressed.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 21
We just had an RV show at ATT stadium. Also went just for grins everything we saw the quality was terrible and the prices were ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:05 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I still hit the local RV show when I'm in town, and while I agree that most of them are poorly made, I still sometimes see something that is innovative. The last one was a Winnebago EKKO 22A with a pivoting wall in the wet bath making it sorta a dry bath. A video here. Might solve some of the wet vs dry bath arguments.
(the bathroom part starts at 7:35).
Old 03-21-2022, 10:47 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Fridge, AC, bath, etc. Very nice looking units. Wonder what mpg it gets. First thing I look for is the interior head room. Then, price.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:02 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I"m a member of several stick built trailer groups on Facebook. Every complaint I read about Escape trailers here on the EscapeForum is NOTHING compared to the complaints I read on Facebook regarding stick built trailers.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 11:43 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I still hit the local RV show when I'm in town, and while I agree that most of them are poorly made, I still sometimes see something that is innovative. The last one was a Winnebago EKKO 22A with a pivoting wall in the wet bath making it sorta a dry bath. A video here. Might solve some of the wet vs dry bath arguments.
(the bathroom part starts at 7:35).
We also like that one too Jon ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Yes, the Winnebago Ekko has some very nice features, but that price tag - over $170K (usd)!!!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Just now from the Happy Campers Keystone RV Owners group on Facebook:

"We put our new camper in the shop Dec 17, 2021 for warranty work. I got a call last week saying it was ready. They pulled it out my husband checked. Nothing had been done. No new roof, no repair to the stairs or shower door. Nothing. I'm going to ask for compensation because we were homeless for a few weeks and we could have lived in our camper. It's almost April!"
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Donna, you know it and I know it -- they just don't make 'em like they used to.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage1a.jpg  
Old 03-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19'
One of the most interesting options I have seen in a camper is a dry-flush toilet. check it out at https://youtu.be/w2ogLEdE04Q

If you never slow down, you never grow old.
MTDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 02:36 PM   #13

Trailer: 2023 E19
As a newbie RV buyer with virtually no prior experience ......the more I research potential alternatives, the more I realize just how few competitors exist that can match the the combination of size/weight/price/durability/quality/customer focus offered by ETI.

To me, ETI seems exceptionally unique in an industry plagued by cheaply-produced cookie-cutter RV designs that really don't vary much between the industry-dominant manufactures.

After monitoring this forum for the past few months, it's evident that there is room for improvement in certain areas. However, ETI's product remains superior to the vast majority of the competition available at this price point.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:20 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
After having my 19 since 2014, the only “fun” part to going to an RV show is to appreciate the fact that I made the right choice! Sure beats the alternative! Also, as RV sales ebb & flow, the workers are picked up for the short term until things slow again. Therefore a lot of learning curve for new workers.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #15

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I"m a member of several stick built trailer groups on Facebook. Every complaint I read about Escape trailers here on the EscapeForum is NOTHING compared to the complaints I read on Facebook regarding stick built trailers.
Keep in mind there are a Zillion Stickies and a few thousand Escapes.

The things two problems I would expect to hear a lot about are roof and wall leaks. The Escape is basically two boats glued on top of each other with holes cut in for components while the stickies are stud walls with stuck on wall panels and a rolled rubberized roof. Frig, heat, water heater and AC are mostly the same.

I seen some very well built stickies but I'm no fan of their seam around the perimeter of the rolled 12 year rubberized roofing.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We hit up the Seattle RV show as well. The only trailers I was impressed with were the Intech models & Black Series all terrain trailers. We’re happy with our 2018 19’. Better half was not quite on board at first
But she loves it now.
Gasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasguy View Post
We hit up the Seattle RV show as well. The only trailers I was impressed with were the Intech models & Black Series all terrain trailers. We’re happy with our 2018 19’. Better half was not quite on board at first
But she loves it now.
I saw a couple of reviews of the black series trailers with some serious construction issues, they are also very pricy. Intech has some growing pains, their single axle trailers were reporting axle weld breaks. I just can’t get by the looks of them with that huge vulnerable front window and the blue lighting all inside. I think the cabinets are fairly well made using Amish labor from what I’ve heard. Also the lack of a standard rear bumper was strange and a prescription for very expensive minor collision. my Escape experience was positive and had the 23 been readily available I probably would have bought one if my name came upon the preorders list.
Awaiting the Bigfoot now , a heavier but better insulated Fiberglass trailer in the same family. Not a sticky I’ve found I like. Nor an airstream and my friends own them.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:33 AM   #18

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
If you’re in Minneapolis and want to check out a 21NE, feel free to swing by. Can you send DMs on this platform? Anyhow, respond here and we can make arrangements.
Mjschwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:13 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
MjSchwart, Please update your avatar with your Escape info.....
Old 03-30-2022, 01:24 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my last stickie was a brand new top of the line Arctic Fox, which is supposed to be one of the (if not the) best stick-built trailers available. I had all kinds of problems and disappointments with the product and the service of the so-called "warranty" behind it. I ditched it (took advantage of the high prices during the covid RV boom), got an Escape, and will never go back. My Escape simply blows the stickies out of the water in terms of quality & value, and the service and support I've gotten from ETI is a world apart...oh and also this forum is the best one I've ever belonged to!