RV supply - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2021, 08:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 19
RV supply

I recently traveled from Opelika Alabama to Orlando with half of the trip on I 75. There are several large RV sales centers along the way and they all seemed to to well stocked, even overflowing with every parking spot filled with a new RV.
I was a bit surprised as there has been a lot of news coverage about the popularity and high sales rate of RVs during the pandemic. Any one have thoughts on this?

Graham
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Not sure, but I've heard mention that there is a shortage on electronic chips and other components like fridges, a/c, etc. Dealers are having to store their inventory until components come in to complete the units. I believe ETI is also experiencing these shortages.
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
New York (CNN Business)General Motors is temporarily shutting down more auto plants, leading to tight inventories at dealerships and higher prices for customers. The global chip shortage is to blame.

The company announced it would shut production at two US plants — in Spring Hill, Tennessee, and Lansing Delta Township, Michigan, in the coming weeks. GM also extended shutdowns at the Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas, and the CAMI plant in Ingersoll, Ontario, which have both been idled since February 8. And it will continue the shutdown at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant, which has been down since March 15.
In addition, GM is halting Chevrolet Blazer production at the Ramos Assembly plant in Ramos, Mexico, during the week of April 19, although that plant will continue to build the Chevy Equinox.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:35 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Any RVs at a dealer would be completed units. The factories don't ship half-built systems
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If you travel east on interstate 80 from east central Iowa towards Elkhart Indiana on any weekday and even on Saturday you will meet a steady stream of contract RV haulers pulling new units either one at a time or up to three smaller units on flatbread trailers. They usually pull with F350 F450 or F550 class trucks usually Diesels and almost always dual rear tires. When you meet about 40 of these contract haulers that are going west as you drive the 350 miles on I-80, it doesn’t take long to realize that dealers are “stocking up”or having these units “pushed” onto them and then you notice how full the RV lots are and the light goes on. “Gotta keep the pipeline full and hope the merry go round doesn’t stop” to mix a couple metaphors. That’s my experience and my take on things. All anecdotal which doesn’t count in some folks world but that’s where I live. I am a storyteller, an analyst and
Iowa Dave