??s abou the ETI Customer Appreciation Rallye next May - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 12:25 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Exclamation ??s abou the ETI Customer Appreciation Rallye next May

Just heard about the Escape rallye coming next May at Nk'MIP CG in BC on Lake Osoyoos. Was wondering if anyone here has been to that CG and to a Rallye and what thngs to look for afa weather is concerned in May, in BC
What special thngs are planned at ths rallye?
We were picking up our new E-21 first of May but are were wondring if wd B better to pick it up a couple weeks later and go to the rallye. Wd it be worth it?
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Definitely worth the 2 weeks wait. We picked ours up Tuesday 5/21 this year and drove to Osoyoos, about 2.5 hours east from Chilliwack. The cg is one of the prettiest we have ever seen, it is on a lake and surround by vineyards. We stay at Best Western which is right next door to Escape(you can walk over) and requested a late check out on Tuesday since orientation and pick up takes about 2-3 hours. Came back to hotel, checked out and drove over to Osoyoos. Once there we were able to empty the tow vehicle and start putting our stuff inside the Escape. The rally does not officially start until thursday but some people stay all week. Friday is a host dinner by the factory, Saturday and Sunday there is breakfast and Saturday night a pot luck. There are wine tours available and you can go into town and stock up with food(just remember some items can not cross back across the border) The weather is warm but not humid. sunny with occasional afternoon rain. Highly recommended, we have been there 4 times already, 3 times in a new and different Escape. One more thing, if you need anything on your trailer while there, Escape will try to fix it or bring the parts to you.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Definitely worth the 2 weeks wait. We picked ours up Tuesday 5/21 this year and drove to Osoyoos, about 2.5 hours east from Chilliwack. The cg is one of the prettiest we have ever seen, it is on a lake and surround by vineyards. We stay at Best Western which is right next door to Escape(you can walk over) and requested a late check out on Tuesday since orientation and pick up takes about 2-3 hours. Came back to hotel, checked out and drove over to Osoyoos. Once there we were able to empty the tow vehicle and start putting our stuff inside the Escape. The rally does not officially start until thursday but some people stay all week. Friday is a host dinner by the factory, Saturday and Sunday there is breakfast and Saturday night a pot luck. There are wine tours available and you can go into town and stock up with food(just remember some items can not cross back across the border) The weather is warm but not humid. sunny with occasional afternoon rain. Highly recommended, we have been there 4 times already, 3 times in a new and different Escape. One more thing, if you need anything on your trailer while there, Escape will try to fix it or bring the parts to you.
Jim, with Reace and Tammy retired - is the rally going to be the same as it has been in the past?

The new owners may want to make some changes. One of them seems to be that Escape wants to have a rally in the US now for the customers south of the border.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #4

I think there will be multiple rallies, we already have Texas, Oregon,Mississippi,Niagara now which R&T never attended as owners but may do now as travelers. But the Osoyoos IMHO will still be held. I'll try to get some further info and will post.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I think there will be multiple rallies, we already have Texas, Oregon,Mississippi,Niagara now which R&T never attended as owners but may do now as travelers. But the Osoyoos IMHO will still be held. I'll try to get some further info and will post.
R&T did attend the Texas Bluebonnet as owners and they attended the Oregon Gathering for many years too. The Oregon Gathering was often the first look the public got of new models.

I went to the ETI rally in 2015. It was so much flippin fun.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #6

I knew they had to leave the Texas meet early due to problems back home but was not aware they had gone elsewhere, good to know.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
I knew they had to leave the Texas meet early due to problems back home but was not aware they had gone elsewhere, good to know.
You do know that Karl from Escape will be at the Pineknot rally in October.

Pineknot - Home
Old 08-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Yup bet there will be a lot of questions which is a good thing so we can get to know them better
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Hollybee, after your orientation, due to customs requirements, if you are from the US you will need to drive back across the border and meet the Escape driver to take possession in Sumas, WA. I picked up my '18 about a week before the rally, stayed a few days at the KOA in Lynden WA, then headed to the rally. It's wonderful--a chance to see so many Escapes, meet lots of friendly owners, and pick up lots of tips on modifications, storage, etc.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
You do know that Karl from Escape will be at the Pineknot rally in October.

Pineknot - Home
That may be a good time to pick his brain on future rallies and Osoyoos next year.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Hollybee, after your orientation, due to customs requirements, if you are from the US you will need to drive back across the border and meet the Escape driver to take possession in Sumas, WA. I picked up my '18 about a week before the rally, stayed a few days at the KOA in Lynden WA, then headed to the rally. It's wonderful--a chance to see so many Escapes, meet lots of friendly owners, and pick up lots of tips on modifications, storage, etc.
Well, we were told we could come TO the factory, have some late add-ons done to the TT, and then have our orientation, and that "all the paperwork wd be done"..and we were told we could just "bring a current US plate, put it on" then head out to wherever. I asumed we cd then go across the border into WA and head to Yellowstone etc on the way home(TN) Is this not feasible

After finding out about the rallye, we are now thinking of PU the trailer a couple weeks later and going to the Rallye at Nip Tuck or however it is spelled..then after the rallye, head ~2 miles south and cross the border back into US at the std crossing there..[near that campground] Are you saying we must go back across where we originally went INTO Canada?? WE are nearly newbies at border crossing..having gone only to Montreal once from VT about 7 yrs ago, for a day visit. WE already have passports, IDs etc.. Confused.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Well, we were told we could come TO the factory, have some late add-ons done to the TT, and then have our orientation, and that "all the paperwork wd be done"..and we were told we could just "bring a current US plate, put it on" then head out to wherever. I asumed we cd then go across the border into WA and head to Yellowstone etc on the way home(TN) Is this not feasible

After finding out about the rallye, we are now thinking of PU the trailer a couple weeks later and going to the Rallye at Nip Tuck or however it is spelled..then after the rallye, head ~2 miles south and cross the border back into US at the std crossing there..[near that campground] Are you saying we must go back across where we originally went INTO Canada?? WE are nearly newbies at border crossing..having gone only to Montreal once from VT about 7 yrs ago, for a day visit. WE already have passports, IDs etc.. Confused.
The issue has nothing to do with where you crossed the border. ETI are the import agents for the U.S. They have to "Import" the trailer across the border at Sumas ( the closest crossing to the factory) then turn it over to the buyer in the U.S. It is all about import laws. Also note that because the trailer is not officially in your possession until they deliver it to you in Sumas, you will not be able to put any of your stuff in it in Chilliwack.

After you take possession, then you can cross back into Canada if you wish at any crossing and attend the rally.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Are you saying we must go back across where we originally went INTO Canada??
Yes, US buyers get their trailers in the USA, not Canada. Because of it we can be grateful ETI handles all the importing for US buyers.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #14

That is why it may take 2-3 hours. You have orientation and then you leave the factory and drive across the border and wait at Bob's Burgers in Sumas- maybe 5 miles from Chilliwack. Escape's driver brings the trailer across to Bob's and helps you hook up and gives you all the needed paperwork. From there you are free to go wherever. I returned to Chilliwack back thru Customs and then journeyed over to Osoyoos. After Osoyoos we crossed the border there and headed home. No plates on trailer until a month later when it was registered in Pennsylvania. No issues driving without plates, as long as you have your paperwork, and insurance on the trailer.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #15

wow

Quote:
That is why it may take 2-3 hours. You have orientation and then you leave the factory and drive across the border and wait at Bob's Burgers in Sumas- maybe 5 miles from Chilliwack. Escape's driver brings the trailer across to Bob's and helps you hook up and gives you all the needed paperwork. From there you are free to go wherever. I returned to Chilliwack back thru Customs and then journeyed over to Osoyoos. After Osoyoos we crossed the border there and headed home. No plates on trailer until a month later when it was registered in Pennsylvania. No issues driving without plates, as long as you have your paperwork, and insurance on the trailer.
Ok..ok I guess they 've got their dux inna row. At least I should have the plates to install, acc to my County Clrk I just put on the old ones I have tril I get home.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Ok..ok I guess they 've got their dux inna row. At least I should have the plates to install, acc to my County Clrk I just put on the old ones I have tril I get home.
That should be fine and just transfer them to the new unit once you arrive back home.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
You don't have to go back into Canada to travel east to Osoyoos where the Rally is held. Instead you can take WA Hwy 20- The Cascade Highway east to Hwy 97 then straight up to Osoyoos. Beautiful drive and a bit easier having done both IMO.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #18

This is true Ross, but I assume they are staying in Chilliwack and need to check out of the hotel/motel. If that is not the facts then, as you say you can travel any which way you feel is convenient.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Weird to come all that way and then not experience Mcdonald's drive through in Canada.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #20

Rallye

THANKS guys for al the info. Holly and I will havve plenty of time to figure out where to go,.