Service Department - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
It is unreasonable to expect Escape to modify your trailer after the build. That’s like going back to the Ford dealer and telling them you decided you want the V8 instead and you expect them to swap the motor. I doubt the Winnebago factory is doing post build mods, they leave that up to the dealers.
I too would expect it to be unreasonable to ask for a motor swap out, but I would expect them to provide service for a Ford motor. With that said, even if I bought it used, I would expect them to be able to install running boards or other OEM equipment that either was not originally installed (like an operable rear window or solar panel) or items that had come to the end of it's service life. (I'm not talking about a stove top or fridge or MaxxFan) If I bought a 2008 5.0 SA and the motorized front stabilizers have reached the end of their service life I would like to say that ETI could replace them just like if the tranny in the "Ford" had reached the end of it's service life. That would crazy for my local Ford dealer to say no I'm not going to service your tranny. If I was able to travel to the yearly rally or my son in Redmond WA why not tack on a trip/time to have service work done at the factory?

2nd point, "they would have left it up to the dealers". In the absence of dealers, what are the options for like an operable rear window or some of the older 5.0 SA that never had an emergency hatch installed in the bed area? I don't think someone local/regional are going to be used to working on Escapes and would really be able or qualified to install those items. I think a better analogy would taking my Tesla to the local Ford dealer and asking them to work the batteries or install any OEM Tesla item. Sure I could find someone local to say replace an axle or something else in the running gear, as that isn't Escape specific. But for Escape specific items it would be a welcomed addition to their business model if it was offered.

Without over stating the Ford analogy, you can't take your Ford back to factory for work. It is up to the dealers to perform all work you would like to have done, even swapping out a motor if you are willing to pay for it. But there are no Escape dealers. But even if there were, how many RV dealers really do work on the RV itself? Again I'm not talking about replacing a furnace or sink or toilet or fridge? How many are really trained to work on the actual body of the Escape. Sure if I backed into something I could easily take it to a business that does fiberglass body work. Fine, no problem. But a normal RV dealer if they had any I'm not sure are able to say put in an escape hatch were none existed as just one example.

I do appreciate your reply and if my passion for this topic has come on too strong, take it as that, I'm just passionate about it.
Jeremy Kessenich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:57 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think Jeremy, as a junior member who becomes a senior member, a lot of your opinions and comments will change as you become familiar with the Escape Kool Aid..........
Old 07-27-2021, 07:19 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Casita
Once again it's about choices. Scamp and Casita both offer after sale factory repairs and installs. Escape doesn't. If it's an option one wants bad enough, it's available.
jerryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:21 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc View Post
Once again it's about choices. Scamp and Casita both offer after sale factory repairs and installs. Escape doesn't. If it's an option one wants bad enough, it's available.
Oliver also has a service department, but the price is high
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:10 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
When I took the 21 to Chilliwack to have the solar panel installed I also bought a new closet door. Nigel selected my new one out of old stock and it matched the rest of our cabinetry perfectly. He quoted the door and the install and used my original hardware. The price was reasonable and a lot better than if I would have had to be careful with the new one for nearly 2000 miles and then install it myself. It was easier for me to catch and sell a couple raccoons than to install the door. I never found Escape’s charges to be at all excessive. And I’m pretty tight. YMMV with dealer selected. Make yourself happy, life is too short to eat cheap chocolate or drink flat beer.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 08:10 AM   #26

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Mobile RV Repair

I've heard way too many horror stories of what can/cannot happen at a big RV dealer repair service center.

Mobile RV Repair - they can do anything, but right now every RV repair place is busy. Look them up in the fall/winter when it's the slow time. They are usually a one-man service and care about their reputation. There's always exceptions though.

Just go to an RV park and ask for mobile repair, most know of at least one. They will install as well as modify. I see one at our park every once in a while.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 2021 21c
Is a 1” gap at the top and bittom of bathroom door normal?

We picked up,our 21c in June and noticed a sizeabke gap top and bottom of the bathroom door. I contacted ETI and they said it was an intentional design to allow moisture to exit the bathroom. Only problem I have is I have never noticed that in any pictures people have posted. Is this true for all the models ETI makes?
Akfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:48 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akfishman View Post
We picked up,our 21c in June and noticed a sizeabke gap top and bottom of the bathroom door. I contacted ETI and they said it was an intentional design to allow moisture to exit the bathroom. Only problem I have is I have never noticed that in any pictures people have posted. Is this true for all the models ETI makes?
Yes the top and bottom gap is standard on all models.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #29

That gap has been there almost from the beginning, it is intentional to allow air circulation.....
Old 07-27-2021, 12:57 PM   #30

With that gap, and by opening the bathroom window and especially if you have a bathroom fan, you can dehumidify your bathroom and the rest of the trailer if you’re not running your max fan or your AC. If you pay attention when leveling the trailer that shower water drains to across the shower floor and to the floor drain, a minor effort with a small squeegee and the aforementioned ventilation will prevent you from having wet socks should you enter the bathroom after someone has showered.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 01:20 PM   #31

Preventing this....
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2021, 01:31 PM   #32

And second cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Preventing this....
Ahh grasshopper, I see you’ve had the training. And the biggest risk for me is the infamous missing sock on laundry day.

“Use that squeegee after you take your shower o.k?
I got you that nice canvas laundry basket, you need to use it.
You are changing your socks every day right?
Trim those toenails they are like daggers!”
And other pearls of direction.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #33

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I've seen this expression several times and now I just gotta ask. What is meant by 'The Escape Kool Aid'?
Old 07-27-2021, 01:51 PM   #34

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
I've seen this expression several times and now I just gotta ask. What is meant by 'The Escape Kool Aid'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Those of us that LOVE our Escape Trailers and prefer to NOT find faults have been accused of drinking 'The Escape Kool Aid.'

I'm a proud drinker AND a cheerleader!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #36

Mainstream terms and references sometimes have negative beginnings. And references to historical figures who were once respected or revered or in some cases despised but none the less influential are now commonly criticized or moved over into the historically disrespected pile. To me this is an interesting topic of discussion when I’m at the picnic table about 3:30 PM. It’s Miller time, but I don’t usually drink Miller, however I do have rotator cuff damage from big guys twisting my arm. Edsels were not popular long either. And why is a lemon so disdained? Yet so tasty. And don’t get me going on the benefits of true SPAM
Iowa Dave
Old 07-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I am finding this thread most useful. When I took possession of my 19 in Sept 2018, it was right in the middle of the transition. At the time I had no idea. One of the great appeals when I decided on an Escape was it was a small company, a purchaser would become part of the family, and they could expect personalized service from its owners, Reace and Tammy, if they ever had questions or a problem. Of course, everything has changed.

I have to admit I’m now super nervous if and when something goes wrong with my 19. So far everything has been fine, but the trailer is almost 4 years old. With the explosion of the RV industry over the past 2 years, my understanding is it’s almost impossible to take your Escape to an RV repair place and expect a timely solution to your problem.

As an aside, one bad decision I made on my build was omitting the front storage box. Now I wish I had one. Do I even have the option to drive the trailer to Chilliwack and have one installed?? I’m not sure I do….

Anyway, the hope I cling to is I can still call Escape and ask for advice when something goes awry, and I know folks here will be able to help too. It’s just not something I thought I would have to deal with when I decided to buy an Escape. I always thought I would be able to take it back to Chilliwack, or go to the Osoyoos rally, and get help directly from Reace or one of his employees.

Yep, I know things change, life changes, and much of the time we have no control over any of it. It’s a life reality, but sometimes it’s a bit tough to take!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
. And don’t get me going on the benefits of true SPAM
Iowa Dave
We LOVE SPAM!
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #39

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Those of us that LOVE our Escape Trailers and prefer to NOT find faults have been accused of drinking 'The Escape Kool Aid.'

I'm a proud drinker AND a cheerleader!

I hope you fully trust me Donna when I say I'm not trying to find faults. I'm trying to be solution driven not fault driven.

I'm going to channel my inner Iowa Dave with this, as for all that drinking of Kool-Aid just remember at some point nature calls, it's just a fact especially if it's a Miller.
Jeremy Kessenich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I am finding this thread most useful. When I took possession of my 19 in Sept 2018, it was right in the middle of the transition. At the time I had no idea. One of the great appeals when I decided on an Escape was it was a small company, a purchaser would become part of the family, and they could expect personalized service from its owners, Reace and Tammy, if they ever had questions or a problem. Of course, everything has changed.

I have to admit I’m now super nervous if and when something goes wrong with my 19. So far everything has been fine, but the trailer is almost 4 years old. With the explosion of the RV industry over the past 2 years, my understanding is it’s almost impossible to take your Escape to an RV repair place and expect a timely solution to your problem.

As an aside, one bad decision I made on my build was omitting the front storage box. Now I wish I had one. Do I even have the option to drive the trailer to Chilliwack and have one installed?? I’m not sure I do….

Anyway, the hope I cling to is I can still call Escape and ask for advice when something goes awry, and I know folks here will be able to help too. It’s just not something I thought I would have to deal with when I decided to buy an Escape. I always thought I would be able to take it back to Chilliwack, or go to the Osoyoos rally, and get help directly from Reace or one of his employees.

Yep, I know things change, life changes, and much of the time we have no control over any of it. It’s a life reality, but sometimes it’s a bit tough to take!
Things will wear out over time. The Box can be ordered and shipped to you I think. Its not rocket science to install. I have had my trailer for 4 years, Ive had to fix a couple of items: A bad control board for the water heater, provided under warranty, a worn out propane alarm , battery box breaking loose, from vibration. It is a moving home and things will need maintenance, juts like any other vehicle. Find a good trailer shop and get your bearings done at regular intervals. Everything else should last a long while. Hint open up your WFCO panel after all power has been disconnected form the trailer and your battery connect switch turned off and any inverter powered off, then check the captive screws on the ac cables into the natural and ground, some of mine were loose from vibration, my trailer is the same age. MAKE SURE that the power is disconnected.

I actually like working on my rig and maintaining it .
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote