Service Dept call back - time frame? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Service Dept call back - time frame?

This is for anyone that's had to recently schedule a service appt with ETI.

How long did you have to wait to get a call back after leaving a message?

I first left a msg at 8:30 this AM and another at 11AM. Then an email around 1PM. Both times I called I was connected to the Service Dept and she didn't say Verena wasn't in for the day. I explained what I needed in the first msg as well as the email.

I'm wondering if this is a normal length of time to get a call back. I'm quite frustrated here.

Thanks.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post

I first left a msg at 8:30 this AM and another at 11AM. Then an email around 1PM. Both times I called I was connected to the Service Dept and she didn't say Verena wasn't in for the day. I explained what I needed in the first msg as well as the email.

I'm wondering if this is a normal length of time to get a call back. I'm quite frustrated here.

Thanks.
In Canada, sometimes the Easter weekend can stretch to four days and maybe they were short staffed for the day. Verena is quite new and maybe with lots going on and pent up demand with lots of people picking up new trailers may mean that the service is a little slower than they might like. I was recently out at the factory and they are still adjusting to their new layout and production.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I've always gotten great response from them sometimes the same day or the next day which is reasonable to me.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I try not to pester them. I have sent an email or two and get a response in a day or two.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Off hand we can't think of a single business that we have dealt with that responds faster , or more thoroughly than ETI .
Old 04-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I contacted Lance Manufacturing in Lancaster, Ca about my Lance 1880 in 2012, still have not heard back from them??
Old 04-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Verena has only been there a month. She did my orientation last week and was likely doing more today. I was under the impression that a response within 24 hours is is kind of the expectation in the business world?
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I ordered a couple of shower curtains for our 21 on a Thursday by phone and they arrived the following Monday, There was no hurry and yet that was great service. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Back in 2013 and 2014 when I was scheduling some services, I got a call back or e-mail the same day or the next day which I thought reasonable. But then I never have thought of them as being "on call" like a trades person.

Edited: As an addendum I should add that I have never been in transit with a towing problem so haven't felt the need for immediate assistance. I question whether that is within their purview, however.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #10

Trailer: pondering.....
Springfield....called them today and wanted a photo of the bottom/underside of the pedestal base ...while on the phone the dude walked to a pedestal, flipped it over , took a pic with his phone and emailed it ...all in about 10 minutes on the phone. Fastest tech support in along time..
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Off hand we can't think of a single business that we have dealt with that responds faster , or more thoroughly than ETI .
I have. And I've since found out that it's taken others longer to get responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Verena has only been there a month. She did my orientation last week and was likely doing more today. I was under the impression that a response within 24 hours is kind of the expectation in the business world?
Well, I don't know about that.

For some reason the quote from Karen wouldn't include with this reply. Anyway, I wasn't calling from on the road - I was calling from home.

I did get an appt to get things taken care of. May 4th and it'll be there all day, so now I get to figure out what all I want to do in the area while the trailer is getting worked on. And where I want to stay the night before.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:

Thanks.
Relax....they always call or email within a few days! Reace even called me back on a Saturday!
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
The ETI website under "Contact Us" states they return all emails within 2 days. I personally have always found that to be true. Reace even emailed me pictures with measurements when he knew I was tackling the bath window install myself and said to call him with any questions. You would be hard pressed to get that kind of service from another company. Granted it is a different business model, but most trailer companies are just going to tell you to call your dealer with any issues.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
My experiences with all aspect of customer service from ETI; from ordering, planning build sheets, solving any problems we had with our 17B, and responding to questions; have been exceptionally high quality.

I wish every company I dealt with provided this level of customer service.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Ain't that the truth. I have dealt with a couple others that were on par with Escape, and it is always a pleasure to do so.

There have been a couple wee hiccups along the way, but Escape always came through in the end.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #16

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
...I first left a msg at 8:30 this AM and another at 11AM. Then an email around 1PM...
Based on other responses I have seen on this forum and my own personal experiences, ETI has a pretty good track record at responding to their customer's issues in a reasonable amount of time. Expecting an instant response and calling them back every 2 to 2-1/2 hrs seems a bit excessive to me. Of course, our problems always seem bigger in our own eyes than in the eyes of others, so it is understandable that the OP is a bit worked up about things. ETI may have a significant queue of other calls that were placed before the OP's call(s). My suggestion is to be a bit more patient and tolerant, your number will come up and ETI will respond.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Recently I had some service done on a $10,000 piece of equipment. The dealer
was given clear written service orders. He estimated the work would take 1 week. It took three. It was not complete when I was called to pick it up, so I waited for the final adjustment, and it cost about $80 more than the estimate. I could have gone ballistic but simply let the owner know I was not impressed with his service. When I do that, it means I won't be back. There's another dealer 59 miles from my home. I know the owner there too and will probably
do business with them next time. Escape has always done great work for us, bent over backward for us and will continue to get my camper business. Hey! Pass me a quart of that Kool Aide and make sure it ain't no virgin.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I've been working with Verena on some items on our recently delivered 21. They did have a long weekend and once they were back in the office I've been getting good support. Just like in my job, when I get back in the office after a holiday/day-off, I have to dig out.
OldstersOutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
I sent a message through the "contact us" on their website on March 27 and heard back from Verena on April 3, I did not think that was unreasonable since I was asking for service at the end of May.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
My experiences with all aspect of customer service from ETI; from ordering, planning build sheets, solving any problems we had with our 17B, and responding to questions; have been exceptionally high quality.

+1. I have always gotten a response in a day or so, either via a phone call or an email. Have even gotten responses from Reace on Sunday night when I have posted an issue in the forum. I am always pleased when I get this sort of service. but I don't expect it all the time. I understand that there are weekends, holidays, etc. and know there are times when I haven't returned a call as promptly as i might have.