Shared Spring Trailer Delivery to Midwest? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Shared Spring Trailer Delivery to Midwest?

Greetings All,

My trailer will be available for delivery in early April. I plan to have it delivered to a Midwest location in April or May. Would anyone like to coordinate a tandem delivery in this timeframe in the Midwest?

If you have an interest please private message me for possible coordination.

Thanks

Cheers
Rob
Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Hi,
We have an April build and we are going to BC in late June early July to pick up. Does that time work for you and any idea on cost. If you are committed to April or May no worries.

Thank you,
John
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #3

Delivery quote

Cdmixer,

The going rate is $3.00C/mi single trailer or $2.80C/mi if I can find a second. I am not sure but believe both parties pay the $2.80C/mi if piggybacking.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #4

Trailer: TBD
I am retired and live in Northern Washington and would entertain delivering an Escape trailer to the Midwest or Northeast USA for a fee that would be less than the commercial rates. Of course, I know nothing of the legalities/liabilities of this.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, delivery has gotten a lot more expensive. My first 2 Escapes were delivered, but I managed to snag a shared delivery with each one, one was even with 3 owners. Not sure if ETI would release the trailer in Sumas to a non owner, nor the legalities of an incident. Too bad you missed that delivery to NY next month. But in reality you are only saving about $500 with a single shared, not sure about a double?
Old 02-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wow, delivery has gotten a lot more expensive. My first 2 Escapes were delivered, but I managed to snag a shared delivery with each one, one was even with 3 owners. Not sure if ETI would release the trailer in Sumas to a non owner, nor the legalities of an incident. Too bad you missed that delivery to NY next month. But in reality you are only saving about $500 with a single shared, not sure about a double?
We briefly considered taking an individual up on an offer for delivery, and when I discussed with Tammy, you could tell that she was not thrilled about it, but it sounded like they would allow it if you really insisted. But of course made extremely clear that ETI would have no liability
Old 02-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #7

Thanks for the idea's everyone. Keep em coming......
Old 02-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #8

Trailer: 2018: Escape 17-A
I used UShip to deliver my trailer at the end of January from Sumas to Minneapolis. Super happy with the experience. Cost was just under US $1 per mile. www.uship.com
cotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #9

Cotto,

Wow, that is an amazing discount! Among other things, how does the Chilliwack to Sumas leg work?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Cotto,

Wow, that is an amazing discount! Among other things, how does the Chilliwack to Sumas leg work?

For trailers delivered to buyers in the U.S., it is done in Sumas, about 2 blocks south of the border. There is a line item on your build sheet that is "Brokerage Fees" (It was $200 in 2015). That covers everything that ETI and their broker have to do to tow the trailer to the border, get the trailer through U.S. customs, and then connected to your tow vehicle (in the Bobs Burgers&Brew parking lot in Sumas), including a stack of paperwork handed to you that says what it is, that it has successfully gone through customs, and that it is yours.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018: Escape 17-A
Quote:
Cotto,

We had the trailer dropped by Escape at a relative’s home who just so happens to live in Sumas. Escape gave a 1-hour drop window and I arranged for the transport carrier, using UShip, to be there to pick it up within the hour.
cotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #12

Ah, having the relative in Sumas was probably key to getting the uShip to work! I wonder if there is a secure method of having ETI hand off to the trucker to takes the uShip contract.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Perhaps Tammy can help you with that question, if they would release the unit to a shipper. I do not see why not, it has been paid for and all the shipper needs to do is import the trailer themself vs Escape doing it. There will probably be another $200 fee or maybe not?
Old 02-22-2019, 06:57 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I have worked some with uShip and think it can be an attractive option. However, there are lots of shippers who publish themselves as legitimate but are really looking for some gas money. There are several items to ask for early in the selection process to protect your interest. First, does the driver have a commercial drivers license. Second, he needs to give you proof of insurance, that you then need to verify. Finally, nothing moves until you have been provided a Bill of Lading.

There are several websites that are devoted to the above and other methods that reduce the chances of your trailer being abandoned along the side of the road.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #15

Trailer: ?
Smile

Our 21 was delivered yesterday. A couple from Alberta. There were two Escapes on the trailer with the other being delivered in Houston, TX. The trailer he used can hold three units. Quite an interesting setup. His TV was a Ram 3500.

I’m sure I could have saved some money by hiring someone else, but this process coordinated by Escape was painless.

The driver called once he had cleared customs and then every night with a status report and revised ETA.

I would use them again.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
511C1EBE-E204-4164-B71F-CF3CE8EE825A.jpg   E771E860-AB7B-4BF9-8647-5DA9C9982F7F.jpg  
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #16

Thanks everyone.

Knowledge is power (and confusion) but I'm feeling better just investigating the options.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #17

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
Our 21 was delivered yesterday. A couple from Alberta. There were two Escapes on the trailer with the other being delivered in Houston, TX. The trailer he used can hold three units. Quite an interesting setup. His TV was a Ram 3500.

I’m sure I could have saved some money by hiring someone else, but this process coordinated by Escape was painless.

The driver called once he had cleared customs and then every night with a status report and revised ETA.

I would use them again.

Ed

Congrats, Ed!
Old 02-23-2019, 07:09 PM   #18

Rental Tow Vehicle?

As yet another option, does anyone have experience with renting a TV? Clearly Uhaul etc are players. Any "out of the box" renter's I should consider?

Rob
Old 02-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
As yet another option, does anyone have experience with renting a TV? Clearly Uhaul etc are players. Any "out of the box" renter's I should consider?

Rob
Rob here's a recent discussion on this.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...tal-14556.html
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:09 PM   #20

Thanks! Much appreciated.