Shot in the Dark: Prior Owner?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Shot in the Dark: Prior Owner??

Would like to find prior owner(s) of the 2010 17B we just purchased in Missouri from a very nice couple in Washington. It apparently spent time in Florida, and may have only had 2 prior owners, just do not know. It is in good condition, no problems, just curious for the fun of it.

It is standard white with the silver Escape decals. It has the red Canada maple leaf on the left side. Above the rear window it has 'The Zipolite Express' and on the door it says 'The White Peach'. I can guess what the second means, but have no clue as to the express. We think it was originally equipped with a 5cf refrigerator, which I understand was somewhat uncommon.

If anyone owned it, or knows anything about it we would appreciate the information. (Private message would be fine if you prefer.)
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Interesting.. hope you have some success. Zipolite is a town in mexico with some interesting back story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playa_Zipolite

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #3

Thanks, Janet. That is great. I wonder if the trailer ever participated in any of the activities?? Which ones??

I think this is going to be fun.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
You may be able to contact Escape and get prior owners from them. If not you should still call them and let them know the model and serial number of the unit you have in case there’s a recall or other issue. If you are amenable to showing your trailer to prospective buyers in your area and they buy a new one and reference their visit with you there’s a payment to you from Escape too. Pictures of your rig with decals etc may help others identify it from attending a rally where it was present even if former owners don’t see your post.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I would expect that previous owners have a right to privacy. I would suggest that unless the previous owners have given their permission to have their names or contact information provided, it is best not to offer that up on a public forum.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I would expect that previous owners have a right to privacy. I would suggest that unless the previous owners have given their permission to have their names or contact information provided, it is best not to offer that up on a public forum.
I think you're right. I checked FiberglassRV and the CasitaForum to see if I could find a screen name... or 'I named my trailer' for something White Peach. I didn't find anything. IF I did, I would have shared via PM. But, this might be something for all of us to remember. Perhaps letting ETI know, it's okay or NOT, to share our name to buyers of our original trailer no matter how many times it's sold.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Shot in the Dark: Prior Owner??

When we bought our 2010 17B in 2015 we took it straight up to the good folks at ETI for a thorough once over and some add-ons. During that trip I asked them if they could tell me anything about the trailer’s prior life. They told me that we were the third owners that they knew of, but they were appropriately discreet and did not disclose any identifying info about who those owners were.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #8

We fully understand the privacy issues and agree. That is why I suggested private messages, one of which we have already received. I contacted ETI before we even purchased the trailer, and received the build sheet, the fact that it had not had the recall done, and approximate price. No other information. (ETI did send the recall pieces. Great customer service on on old trailer.)

This is just curiosity and fun. Certainly do not wish to cause anyone any discomfort or problems.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
In our Province, you can trace ownership through accessing the vehicle registration/sales history (for a fee). We do it through our government insurer (ICBC) which elsewhere might be the DMV.
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #10

Tom
Thanks, but I doubt it was ever registered in Canada.

What I would like is only the history of the trailer: Where it was originally purchased, what adventures it has seen, what (personally) momentous events it has aided, what spectacular sights it has seen. Why it is the 'White Peach' (Georgia?) No need or interest in the persons involved.

If I receive any private messages that address our interests I may post them here, but will cleanse them of any identifiable details.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
It is standard white with the silver Escape decals. It has the red Canada maple leaf on the left side. Above the rear window it has 'The Zipolite Express' and on the door it says 'The White Peach'.
I do have an interesting fun fact about your trailer. It is featured on Stowaway Cargo Carriers website under trailer applications. We added one of these boxes and your description of the graphics and names made me recall seeing it during my research. The pictures appear to have been taken outside Stowaway’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon. It is being towed by a white Chevy Traverse.

https://www.stowaway2.com/vehicle-fit-gallery/trailers
Old 07-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #12

Thanks, Rubicon, that is indeed interesting. Glad the White Peach made it out to the land of the Ducks. Cannot determine the date, though the brochure is dated 2019. The carrier was not present when we purchased the trailer, though there was a rear aluminum rack.

Hmm...Possible name change to the 'Oregon Egg', since we are native Oregonians (temporarily displaced to TX)?
Old 07-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #13

Trailer: 1998 Casita Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
What I would like is only the history of the trailer: Where it was originally purchased, what adventures it has seen, what (personally) momentous events it has aided, what spectacular sights it has seen. Why it is the 'White Peach' (Georgia?) No need or interest in the persons involved.
I understand what you mean by wanting to know your trailer’s story. One of my fiddles was made in German between 1890 and 1900. I would love to know who has played it over the years, and if it has played in orchestras or chamber groups, by adults or children. And where has it traveled to? I think it really likes fiddle music, but that doesn’t mean that’s all it knows.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Both names are on the trailer in Dave’s pic find. My guess is “white peach” is nickname for spouse or pet. Interesting project
Zipolite Beach in Mexico is also known as “The beach of the dead” due to numerous beach goers demise. Hmmmm
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #15

Wow, this is getting interesting. I am in the process of refurbishing the trailer (paint interior, new floor, polish outside, new screen, new awning, and whatever else I find). I was going to rename, but if the history is interesting enough I will probably leave it as the 'White Peach'.

Hope we find out the actual history, but even the speculations are fun.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #16

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
FWIW, we are the third owners of our 2010 EggCamper. We purchased directly from the second owner (Hunstsville, AL) and enjoyed getting her back-story and history with the camper, which she gladly shared along with the reason why she was willing to part with it. In a file binder inside the EggCamper, we found a treasure trove of information about the original owners (Ohio, original registration papers, warranties, etc., etc.). We contacted them by phone, and they were delightful! We spoke for about an hour about all their adventures (Arizona to Alaska) and were able to ask them about a few curious mods they had done and why, and they shared with us their method of cooking crock pot meals (with crock pot in the sink) while traveling so they would have a hot meal waiting for them when they stopped driving for the day. They also shared that it was their failing health that ultimately made them reluctantly part with it. They were tickled to know that the lady they sold it to had enjoyed it for many years and that we are now the happy owners. Our experience may be unique, but we are extremely glad to have a thorough history of our little EggCamper's previous owners and their travels.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That trunk on the back looks like the one Jon Vermilye had on his E17......? here is a picture in the corner of his...
Attached Thumbnails
_JRV0785.jpg  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That trunk on the back looks like the one Jon Vermilye had on his E17......? here is a picture in the corner of his...
Here is a better photo of the StowAway II carrier:
Attached Thumbnails
_ADS6113.jpg