Should you buy a Jeep? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Should you buy a Jeep?

I've just seen the newest ad for Jeep, showing their vehicle driving through a stream in a mountain setting. I would have thought by now they would have realized that would piss off anybody who doesn't want streams and spawning habitat destroyed by all-terrain vehicles, but apparently they haven't got the message.

So, I looked up the web address they gave in the ad - Jeep.ca - and clicked on Contact Us. There I found an 800 phone number and a mail address. No email address. So, I guess they don't really want to hear from me.

If I was on Twitter and Facebook they would be in a heap of aggravation. Might just have to do that when I'm fully retired.

baglo
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Re: Should you buy a Jeep?

Glenn, you are going to have a lot of fun in retirement! Give 'em hell.

That offer for homebrews is open when you get a travel urge that gets you as far as Wisconsin. Right now I have Taddy Porter, Raspberry Imperial Stout, Raspberry Mead and a clone as close as I (so far) can get to Corsendank. Next up for brewing is Mary's favorite California Steam (a clone of Anchor Steam) and a Nut Brown.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Re: Should you buy a Jeep?

Will be restarting my home brew shortly. But, I'm not beyond buying a can of Coopers Real Ale and adding sugar and water. Still, I've never had a failure.
Even the bottled 20 litres I found under the coffee table in the living room, long after what should have been the best before date, tasted pretty good.
And, that says something about how often I get out the vacuum cleaner.

baglo