Simple camping tips - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #61

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Reviving this thread for a new tip. The support brackets on our WDH drop really low. What’s worse is that the clip that holds the bars in place drops even lower and has hit bottom before. A piece of pool noodle solved that problem as shown in the attached pic. Raises it about 1.5”. And of course it looks so sophisticated [emoji6]. Attachment 64565
Its been a few years since I set mine up, so I don't remember the paticulars but for some reason I took some photos with 2 different setups and pasted some notes for myself. Would it be possible to raise the brackets and adjust the hitch. Its worth a review with the installation guide or take it to a hitch shop. Hitting those brackets could seriously damage the trailer frame. One other thing, if the brackets are periously close to the ground, the spring clips shold be installed from the front so that they are not inadvertantly slipped out if you hit some debris.

One downside of raising the brackets is the interference with the propane tank cover.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hitch Set Up One.pdf (172.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf Hitch Set Up Two.pdf (141.6 KB, 14 views)
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:16 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
Its been a few years since I set mine up, so I don't remember the paticulars but for some reason I took some photos with 2 different setups and pasted some notes for myself. Would it be possible to raise the brackets and adjust the hitch. Its worth a review with the installation guide or take it to a hitch shop. Hitting those brackets could seriously damage the trailer frame. One other thing, if the brackets are periously close to the ground, the spring clips shold be installed from the front so that they are not inadvertantly slipped out if you hit some debris.

One downside of raising the brackets is the interference with the propane tank cover.
Thanks for the advice. We've actually tried to level our trailer with 3 different settings between the hitch and the brackets and finally have it perfectly level. I don't think there is anything we can do without getting it out of whack again. For now we know our limitation and are very careful when going over speed bumps and huge dips at intersections. I don't have the exact measurement, but currently the bars are just about the same height as the base of the jack.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:18 PM   #63

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlynnrich View Post
We use suction cups attached outside the door to hang rain jackets, towels, etc…
We use suction cup hooks too (from Ikea) but have them attached to the inside of the door so they are on permanently. Whenever possible we have the door open to air them out properly. Also I'm not sure what kind of towels you use, but we use both turkish towels (feel better) and REI microfiber towels (dry better).
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #64

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Suction cups work great inside the bath area also...........
Old 09-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #65

Trailer: 5.0 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlynnrich View Post
We use suction cups attached outside the door to hang rain jackets, towels, etc…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
We use suction cup hooks too (from Ikea) but have them attached to the inside of the door so they are on permanently. Whenever possible we have the door open to air them out properly. Also I'm not sure what kind of towels you use, but we use both turkish towels (feel better) and REI microfiber towels (dry better).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Suction cups work great inside the bath area also...........
Hi Escapers!

Thanks so much for your responses. It looks like the suction cups are a must-have. Our 5.0TA inside door has a screen door and so likely will be hanging things on outside or in the bathroom. I have found that the Command hangars do well in the bathroom for hanging towels and also to keep the shower hose from hanging in the sink. Therefore, I will scrap my idea of a folding rack and will be bringing suction cups and some extra hooks. So excited for our next trip coming up soon!

Disneyfan
Disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote