So, what should I do now? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #61

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
We just got our 21 5.0 TA and love our power awning and not hitting our heads on the rails on the old system is nice as well
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #62

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Hi Matt - And this is why Escapes are so nice as not "one size fits all". I posted this in another thread but I'll mention it here, I queried ETI about the screen room (now that they're going back to the manual awning) and was told they are in talks with Carefree. They hope they'll be able to announce something by the Fall. So, we're hopeful we'll be getting one.

So happy you're enjoying your new trailer and, perhaps, we'll meet at one of the California get-togethers!

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #63

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 "Bubbles"
Hehr & Lippert Industries

I have both frameless windows and power awning. One of the reasons I wanted the new 5.0. I love the look. Had the unit since March and have camped quite a bit. The only thing I did’nt care for is that I cannot put out the awning the full 8 ft. In the rain. But alas I plan to winter south, so rain won’t be an issue.
One thing I noticed was that surveys found that people use the power awning 80% more. I am handicapped as well and I can now put it out by myself. Big plus for me.
As for the windows really like them so far. I thought I would put some silicone lubricant around the seals and hope for the best. I also see that my windows have Lippert industries on them who just bought hehr windows. Maybe they made some changes on the windows too.
grantpallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:24 AM   #64

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Awning & windows

We are on a three week camping in our one year-old 17B through the south west and Rockies in the US. The frameless windows have worked really well and helped us with insulation from the heat. And the electric awning that’s totally great; the automatic feature to roll itself up in the wind have been great too. I’ve got a suspicion that the awnings don’t work as well on the larger models; do you guys think that so? I sure hope they keep working as they have!
Jonathan
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #65

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Love the awning and windows. Both are working perfectly on our 2017 5.0 TA. I don’t know which plant made the frameless windows but so far so good.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA - 2016 Toyota Tundra '1794'
Send a message via Skype™ to SterJen
I was just at the showroom in Chilliwack and asked for clarity about the problems with the awning and frameless windows.
We have a 5.0 TA with both features (and I like them).
Frameless windows: In hot weather people tend to crank the windows too hard (closed). When it cools down and the windows are opened the gasket can become detached from the frame. Resolution: Close windows just until the glass contacts the gasket.
Awning: 1) The awning can collapse if it gets filled with rain. Open the awning about 1/2 the way. The supports will be in a position to help the water run off the awning. 2) Doesn't always close in windy conditions. Same as above.
We always close the awning when we are not around the trailer and at night.

Hope that helps.
Sally
Old 07-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #67

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup i always used to close my crank awning when i left the camp site and mostly at night if the weather wasn't perfect so the electric is better for me easy to bring it in at night or when i leave. i often leave it partially out so i can put chairs under at night. my bathroom window has failed so i am going up to Escape to have it changed out or they said they could have a new one sent to a local repair place and have it changed out. For me its easier just to drive up.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
I really like my frameless Thermo windows and power awning. Both have worked well last summer and this in extended usage. I understand the “limbo” considering ETI forthcoming change, but based on my experience I’m pleased and would order both again.
Good luck.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #69

We have both the electric awning and frameless windows. I suggest you do what we are doing...go camping!
Old 07-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #70

Trailer: none
Smile Tips from the top

Brand spankin new to these forums and thanks for the good questions. Going in for a sit down and prepare a build sheet on a 21 this coming Monday. Pretty sure I'm going with the no arms awning and the frameless windows - love the look. Just my preference. Cheers.
WestcoastRopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #71
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastRopes View Post
Brand spankin new to these forums and thanks for the good questions. Going in for a sit down and prepare a build sheet on a 21 this coming Monday. Pretty sure I'm going with the no arms awning and the frameless windows - love the look. Just my preference. Cheers.
You're a speedy person. It took me 5 months to complete my build sheet... and a giant bottle of Tums.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #72

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You're a speedy person. It took me 5 months to complete my build sheet... and a giant bottle of Tums.
OMG - to funny D!

Hopefully, no regrets and a few Tums left over - cheers!
WestcoastRopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:26 PM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
I've not heard about the Indiana frameless windows so I can't comment there.
But I'm having second thoughts about the frameless windows I have because they open such a little way they don't allow much cross ventilation.

I opted against the power awning, not for cost saving but after watching the videos I knew it wasn't for me. Not adjustable slope and no arms to the ground. I don't think a lot of the manual either though. Too flimsy and both of the lightweight plastic locking levers on the arms broke off early on. They sent me replacements but that's a daunting job I haven't faced yet. I really wish they had kept the old, sturdy A&E awning.

Waslt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #74

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Nothing has broken on my 2008 Carefree Fiesta awning.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #75

Trailer: 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RL
For slider windows you can always install

Airxcel | Maxxair | Window/Maxx

I have had frameless in a MH and they vibrated open even when you really cranked them down and the screen is a PITA to put in them. I would never have frameless again. The present SOB I ordered with dual pane sliders.

I have 2 electric awnings and wished I had manuals. After some practice it takes at most 5 minutes to raise one or lower it. I really think I could do do in 3 minutes at most.

This is IMO

Another SOB owner wanting an Escape.
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #76
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by butch50 View Post
For slider windows you can always install

Airxcel | Maxxair | Window/Maxx

I have had frameless in a MH and they vibrated open even when you really cranked them down and the screen is a PITA to put in them. I would never have frameless again. The present SOB I ordered with dual pane sliders.

I have 2 electric awnings and wished I had manuals. After some practice it takes at most 5 minutes to raise one or lower it. I really think I could do do in 3 minutes at most.

This is IMO

Another SOB owner wanting an Escape.
The WindowMaxx hasn't been available for a number of years now from Airxcel. They're VERY popular with the Casita crowd and anytime someone finds a small stash, they're sold almost immediately at a tidy profit too.

Even if they were available, I don't want anything that blocks any of the view out my windows. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #77

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Is there a link to the supplier for the screen room, or was that something purchased through ETI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We added to our build list when we purchased from Escape. They installed snaps on our trailer also for the bottom skirt that comes with the awning. You would have to check with Escape to see if they still offer the screen room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
With regard to whether ETI offers the screen room, I didn't ask when I made the change (should have); however, one wonders whether they'll offer it now that they're going back to the Carefree awning.
I just received an email from Tammy. She indicated they will be ordering in new screen rooms (that work with the Carefree Fiesta manual awning) later this year. They will be on the website under Options.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #78

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Yep, that's what she told me a few days ago. Although, if it's not available in time for our pickup in September, ETI may not be able to order the snaps that hold it to the trailer. Oh well. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that mosquitoes, biting flies, etc., just LOVE so the screen room is very important to me.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #79

Trailer: 2018 21 Escape
I picked mine up yesterday with frameless windows and automatic awning. I like my windows and my awning I'm just very careful not to tighten the windows too much. I also put the awning in at night and when I'm away. I at an awning I had to crank and stake and watch I'm good with the automatic..

Good luck with your decision making.
bonitaraders is offline   Reply With Quote