So, what should I do now? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We will be picking up our 21' in September and were thrilled that we were able to get the manual awning and the sliding windows. We loved our awning and it took no time to put it up or down. Yes, it did get a little mold sitting over the winter in the rain; however, Mr. Clean erasers made short work of that. Plus, now we can get a screen room so that we can, once again, have an 'extra' room so we and our dogs can go in and out of the trailer freely without having every bug in the area join us in the trailer.

Insofar as the windows are concerned, it a matter of preference. We always enjoyed having the windows slide wide open and, if it rained, we usually had the awning out a bit (slanted, so that rain ran off) and the sliding windows under the awning opened. Ran the Maxx Fan and we were set.
We also have the screen room and it sure is nice with the awning ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #42

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Is there a link to the supplier for the screen room, or was that something purchased through ETI? I've always wondered about those, how they cover the area between the bottom of the trailer and the ground.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We will be picking up our 21' in September and were thrilled that we were able to get the manual awning and the sliding windows.
This is a good take. Comparing my 2015 with the new ones going forward, I think the new ones will be the ideal Escape. A proven and sturdy awning, and great ventilation with the same windows I have. But, they will have the big improvements of a better fitting and tighter closing door, and a better fridge.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Is there a link to the supplier for the screen room, or was that something purchased through ETI? I've always wondered about those, how they cover the area between the bottom of the trailer and the ground.
We added to our build list when we purchased from Escape . They installed snaps on our trailer also for the bottom skirt that comes with the awning . You would have to check with Escape to see if they still offer the screen room . Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
This is a good take. Comparing my 2015 with the new ones going forward, I think the new ones will be the ideal Escape. A proven and sturdy awning, and great ventilation with the same windows I have. But, they will have the big improvements of a better fitting and tighter closing door, and a better fridge.
Come on Robert our "Classic " doors have personality ! Did have the same kind of door before on the new Gen . Still love our " Classic" door , one of the items that stood out for us . Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
When I use my center support pole I can actually lift up the awning an inch or two which removes a lot of weight off the arms. Something you may want to consider if you are wanting to hang a lightweight sun screen off one side. OR do what some have and put an adjustable pole in each corner for the bug room. This however does not proved rain shedding like the center pole.
Attached Thumbnails
EE848320-DB4C-42FB-9085-0D373F572DBE.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Unless you want thermal windows all around. I know on the 5.0 TA the sliders in the bedroom and bath would not be thermal. That is my hang up with the sliders. If I would go without those being thermal does it make sense to pay for the other windows to be thermal? I really don’t know.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Come on Robert our "Classic " doors have personality ! Did have the same kind of door before on the new Gen . Still love our " Classic" door , one of the items that stood out for us . Pat
I like my "aircraft" style door Pat. But it still doesn't seal properly.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #49

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
I like my "aircraft" style door Pat. But it still doesn't seal properly.
How is the seal itself? I think Escape has a better seal now. We did a new section across the bottom and it is much nicer. Might want to check with them.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #50

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
On my classic 17B, the screen room has a skirt that attaches to the trailer with snaps ( prev. post ). Only problem I have with it is the skirt covers the step, so you really need a separate step.
Truth is, I've only used it a couple times in eight years.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen room.jpg  
Old 07-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #51

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Only problem I have with it is the skirt covers the step, so you really need a separate step.

A couple of others have indicated this; however, they may have changed the design as our bottom skirt (2014) had a slit that we slipped over the step. Thus, we were able to use the step. Which may be why we used our screen room whenever we could.

With regard to whether ETI offers the screen room, I didn't ask when I made the change (should have); however, one wonders whether they'll offer it now that they're going back to the Carefree awning.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
How is the seal itself? I think Escape has a better seal now. We did a new section across the bottom and it is much nicer. Might want to check with them.
Dave any pictures of the new seal ? Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
On my classic 17B, the screen room has a skirt that attaches to the trailer with snaps ( prev. post ). Only problem I have with it is the skirt covers the step, so you really need a separate step.
Truth is, I've only used it a couple times in eight years.
Glen when we got ours in 2013 . Something must of changed because if I remember right , with the step out the vinyl was behind and the step was clear . Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #54

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've considered cutting a slit ( or two ), but I'd like to see one done successfully first.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I found that you had to raise the awning to it's highest point for the panels to lay properly, otherwise the look of the crooked, wrinkled panels on the ground was unsightly. I used it once and never again.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:52 PM   #56

Quote:
I've considered cutting a slit ( or two ), but I'd like to see one done successfully first.
Glen that would work ! Maybe that was what the factory already did for us . Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I found that you had to raise the awning to it's highest point for the panels to lay properly, otherwise the look of the crooked, wrinkled panels on the ground was unsightly. I used it once and never again.
Jim you can fold the bottom . We have always had a screen room for extra, bugfree room . Pat
Old 07-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #58

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Check out the instruction sheet for the Dometic screen room, page 9 (https://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/17063-m1/cm...0-bc52390d2c1f). It tells how to measure for and cut a slit in the skirt. It may help.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #59

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Hi Jim,
I'm an Escape rookie so my opinion should be taken lightly. On our 2018 21 we got the sliding windows mostly because we liked the traditional look and function. I will say when ordering 21 I was thrilled that Escape was using the power/armless awning for a few reasons. Mostly because of the "armless" quality. We previously owned a Lance 1575 for 5 years. I can't tell you how many times people bumped their noggin on the awning support arms. I do realize that Escapes manual awning does have a different design but I really like how the arms are out of the way on the new one. I could see if you had a screen room the new one would not work. I also really like how the new awning totally protects the awning material when the awning is closed. It seems like most awnings first start to show wear in the area a few inches from the trailer wall where the awning is exposed when closed. That is not a problem with the new style awning. Last but not least, I love the clean look of Escape Trailers. IMO the new style awning just adds to that clean, non-busy look. We have only camped in our trailer for about 30 nights but so far the awning has worked flawlessly. So my vote is for the old school sliding windows, but the new school awning.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thanks Matt, you may want to update your avatar to reflect your order has been received. Also I too owned a first year Lance 1575 for a total of 6 months before the slide motor went out. That is when I switched to Escapes. I also owned a Lance 1880 before the 1575...
I too like the power awning and the frameless windows I found to be better in the winter than the framed windows, less frost on the frames.