Some News regarding the owner of Andersen Hitches - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
Some News regarding the owner of Andersen Hitches

I am posting this FYI about some sad and unfortunate recent vandalism on Corona Arch in our beautiful red rock country near Moab, UT, links below:

https://idahostatejournal.com/member...53287525d.html

This guy vandalized the Corona Arch for a family photo this weekend. | Rebrn.com

https://ryan-andersen.org
Old 04-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Sometimes even the best people make foolish mistakes. I'm glad he made a clear apology. I hope all this works out okay. Just really too bad. Jeez.

Frank
Old 04-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
A shame, but I guess I do give him credit for apologizing and accepting responsibility for it.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Didn't the scout master that tumbled over the 200 million year old rock formation apologize after he got caught too?

Sending the kids off to change license plates after getting caught tells me all I need to know about the guy.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Didn't the scout master that tumbled over the 200 million year old rock formation apologize after he got caught too?

Sending the kids off to change license plates after getting caught tells me all I need to know about the guy.
And, he was asked to stop and didn't. Ugh.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 2015 21'
Really He and His Wife where involved, then he got his children to change the plates on his vehicle, really. Charge them both with the offense.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I agree with Padlin . Using your children as accomplices in a crime speaks to the character of the man. I assume he conducts his business in the same manner
If he wants forgivenes he needs to do more than apologize.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:09 PM   #8

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Pretty pathetic apology in my opinion.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:31 PM   #9

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Wow! Just wow! Quite a thoughtless act that could almost be understood and forgiven, but the additional facts of not stopping when asked and then having his kids switch plates! That’s criminal. What a poor example of parenting.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I agree with Padlin . Using your children as accomplices in a crime speaks to the character of the man. I assume he conducts his business in the same manner
You got that right Steve . Maybe instead of a lot of empty words make a nice big big donation . I saw that earlier today . Pat
Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #11

Trailer: Will get an Escape 19 some day
It's okay, Boo Boo said he was sowwy! Seriously?! I sincerely hope that sorry excuse for a human being is prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law for defacing a monument on federal land, for contributing to the delinquency of a minor for having his children switch license plates and for switching the license plates. I also hope he pays the maximum fines and is imprisoned for the maximum term.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdr2 View Post
I am posting this FYI about some sad and unfortunate recent vandalism on Corona Arch in our beautiful red rock country near Moab, UT, links below:

https://idahostatejournal.com/member...53287525d.html

This guy vandalized the Corona Arch for a family photo this weekend. | Rebrn.com

https://ryan-andersen.org

Thanks for the heads up, Bill. I won't be buying any Andersen products in the future.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Bad move, but good to see him own up and be willing to pay for remediation of the rock as well work to educate others.

I have not done anything like this, but I must admit to doing a few really stupid things when I was younger, things I really never thought through to as far as the consequences. A couple still haunt me to this day.

Unless further evidence that shows worse than what is now known arises, I would still buy an Andersen product if it was the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
And, he was asked to stop and didn't. Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paceman View Post
Really He and His Wife where involved, then he got his children to change the plates on his vehicle, really. Charge them both with the offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Is this not a separate incident, and not the one Andersen was involved in?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y is Me View Post
It's okay, Boo Boo said he was sowwy! Seriously?! I sincerely hope that sorry excuse for a human being is prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law for defacing a monument on federal land, for contributing to the delinquency of a minor for having his children switch license plates and for switching the license plates. I also hope he pays the maximum fines and is imprisoned for the maximum term.
So, can you honestly say you have never made a mistake before? Mistakes are often made, it is how you make restitution that matters the most short of the mistake being catastrophic in nature.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #15
Site Team

It was stupid, but not unforgivable if he does what he says he's going to do.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
So, can you honestly say you have never made a mistake before? Mistakes are often made, it is how you make restitution that matters the most short of the mistake being catastrophic in nature.
Of course, I've made mistakes aplenty, but things like this? No, my parents taught me better. My arrest record is clean and so is my conscience. Andersen knew what he was doing was wrong, fellow hikers begged him not to deface Corona Arch and he did it anyway. Then he committed the crime of Contributing to the Delinquency of Minors by telling his children to go and switch the plates on his trucks. If you believe his codswallop apology, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y is Me View Post
Then he committed the crime of Contributing to the Delinquency of Minors by telling his children to go and switch the plates on his trucks.
Could you link to this fact somewhere, as I have seen nothing of it, and I just looked. If it is true, my opinion would change.

BTW, I was raised very well, and no blame for my rebellion as a youth can be placed on my parents.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Could you link to this fact somewhere, as I have seen nothing of it, and I just looked. If it is true, my opinion would change.

BTW, I was raised very well, and no blame for my rebellion as a youth can be placed on my parents.
Idaho man apologizes for vandalizing Corona Arch | fox13now.com

"...we were hiking Corona Arch yesterday in Utah & the guy in the red shirt proudly made his mark on the Arch even after we asked him to stop. Then sent his 2 teenage boys down to switch plates on their trucks. We turned a photos into NPS and reported them."

I sincerely hope they throw the book at Andersen. It's bad enough that he defaced Corona Arch after people begged him not to, then he directs his teenage kids to commit a crime to cover up his misdeeds. Great way to raise the kids! NOT.

Sadly, I was too much of a Little Miss Goody Two Shoes as a teenager and wasn't the rebellious type at that time. I did my rebelling considerably later on by joining the Army, then becoming a rabble rouser after I retired out.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Switching plates does not make sense to me. Did they take plates from another vehicle or carry extras? And, what would that accomplish since the vehicle would still be located in the same spot.
I think he's going to pay for this indiscretion as his company suffers from the publicity.
But, I don't get excusing him for doing something stupid in his youth. He's a grown man, married, with children and a company. How long would you excuse him? Until he becomes old and has dementia?
Old 04-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
Vandalism in the red rock country is an ongoing problem. We are heading to Arches for a week of hiking this month - we love the area. Here's another article from 2016 where someone carved “STATEN 2016” and “ANDERSEN 16” into rock at Frame Arch in Arches National Park.

Vandals hit Frame Arch - Moab Sun News: News

I have also seen recent "graffiti" carved into Petroglyphs and Pictographs in the American SW. Such behavior is incredibly short sighted and stupid.
Closed Thread