Springfield pedestal and fuse box??? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Springfield pedestal and fuse box???

For those who have the springfield pedestal, how difficult is it to get to the fuse box. We are also putting in the dicor 4 way slider.

Once the pedestal is put in, can the table top or post be removed easily.? I am thinking that you can't.
So do you have to crawl under the table with a flash light to get to the fuse and electronic box?
Nancy
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
For those who have the springfield pedestal, how difficult is it to get to the fuse box. We are also putting in the dicor 4 way slider.

Once the pedestal is put in, can the table top or post be removed easily.? I am thinking that you can't.
So do you have to crawl under the table with a flash light to get to the fuse and electronic box?
Nancy
Short answer, you can't easily remove the table base or top once installed.

But, the pedestal is more to the center of the floor than the original 2 pole setup, so there's plenty of room to access the fuse panel. I slide the table to one side and rotate it to give myself more room.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
I had to take the table down to get the fuse box completely open when I had two pedestals on the 5.0. Now with the Springfield, I don't.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
If you search the forum there is detailed info on how to modify the Springfield pedestal for the Dicor slider, complete with photographs. It comes down to cutting some off of two sides of the top plate of the pedestal, drilling four holes in the plate to mount the slider, and you are done ready for ETI to install the pedestal to your trailer floor and your table top to your slider.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:49 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by casejh View Post
If you search the forum there is detailed info on how to modify the Springfield pedestal for the Dicor slider, complete with photographs. It comes down to cutting some off of two sides of the top plate of the pedestal, drilling four holes in the plate to mount the slider, and you are done ready for ETI to install the pedestal to your trailer floor and your table top to your slider.
I have yet to do mine, but will be soon. It is quite easy work. The top plate of the Springfield is aluminum, so will cut with a carbide tipped blade quite easily. I have cut tons (literally) of aluminum with chop saws, table saws, circular saws, band saws. Just feed easy. WD40 makes a great lubricant, stopping the cutting from sticking to the blades.

If you are not comfortable with doing it yourself, you could likely take the two pieces to a metal shop, explain what you need, and they can make the two cuts and drill the four holes for you. If it took 30 minutes for them to do, they were going too slow.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote