springfield pedestal Vs 2 poles table mount - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2020, 01:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
springfield pedestal Vs 2 poles table mount

I debating between the two.

I know the people with the u shape love this because it rotates and is easy up and down. in my case it be on 19' front dinette with out u shape.Is this sturdy enough for the full table? if I leave it while on the road will the corners where the vinyl walls on front corner? It appears escape screws this down to floor with screws long enough that the tips protrude threw the fiberglass shell and they caulk the tips. am I missing something is there a better way to mount this with out popping threw the shell? does anyone know if the two pole mount is also mounted with long screws ? witch one of these would be the sturdiest? seem to me teh double pole would be stronger. I know you have the poles to deal with and thats something people don't like. In my case 98% of the time the table
will be up. Just want to get others views on this,I know some have even had both mounts.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I I know the people with the u shape love this because it rotates and is easy up and down. in my case it be on 19' front dinette with out u shape.Is this sturdy enough for the full table?
It appears escape screws this down to floor with screws long enough that the tips protrude threw the fiberglass shell and they caulk the tips. am I missing something is there a better way to mount this with out popping threw the shell?.
We have a 21’ TT with a full table and ETI mounted the Springfield Pedestal for us. It is sturdy enough. The screws that they used are not protruding through the fiberglass on our trailer. I just did a visual check. We generally push the table down partway when we travel to avoid wobble, but that probably is not necessary. We also installed the DICOR mount and I have the table positioned so that it clears the wall by about an inch. Hope this helps.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The stock table in the 19 is fairly large and heavy on the 2 pedestals. Several of us, including myself have installed a shelf along the front that has a hole in it for the forward leg. The shelf gives you added storage as keeps the leg tight. I also attach a loop underneath and bungee the table down to keep it centered and on the pedestals. See here for some pictures https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ns-8841-3.html
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...19-a-1657.html
Old 04-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
We have a 21’ TT with a full table and ETI mounted the Springfield Pedestal for us. It is sturdy enough. The screws that they used are not protruding through the fiberglass on our trailer. I just did a visual check. We generally push the table down partway when we travel to avoid wobble, but that probably is not necessary. We also installed the DICOR mount and I have the table positioned so that it clears the wall by about an inch. Hope this helps.

Fred M.

Hopefully they changed the way they mount the tables Maybe someone with a newer traier can take a look to find out. I found some picture on this thread post#10

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tal-11984.html

I also looked at one over the winter in Florida and when i looked under it it was the same as photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The stock table in the 19 is fairly large and heavy on the 2 pedestals. Several of us, including myself have installed a shelf along the front that has a hole in it for the forward leg. The shelf gives you added storage as keeps the leg tight. I also attach a loop underneath and bungee the table down to keep it centered and on the pedestals. See here for some pictures https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ns-8841-3.html
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...19-a-1657.html

So your saying with out the shelf it does have a little wobble to it? I looked at both threads but did not see the shelf install . I did get a good idea on the lock to hold the table from sliding .
Old 04-18-2020, 05:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We had the two pole mount on our 5.0 single axle and found it was wearing and could never stop it wiggling so we're glad that our new to us 5.0TA came with the Springfield which we like except wish we could have the DICOR as always moving table top to get in and out of the benches. It's so easy though to set up the bed when we have company. After having busted our Springfield last year after putting it down to travel at freezing temperatures and having Springfield replace it I now use a bungee cord across the top of the table tied to a latch below to keep it from sliding when traveling.

We have the U-shape so table is smaller than without.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:16 PM   #6

Sorry, here are a couple
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0024.jpg   IMG_0026.jpg  
Old 04-18-2020, 09:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Sorry, here are a couple

Thanks for posting does the shelf really sturdy up the table that much? I would think it almost have to be a really tight fit to take any wobble out.
If you where doing it today would you get the sprig field or poles in a 19'?
Old 04-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
... I now use a bungee cord across the top of the table tied to a latch below to keep it from sliding when traveling.

We have the U-shape so table is smaller than without.
Just fasten a T bracket to the underside of the table. Line up the center hole with the thumb screw, Mark the bracket position, then install it leaving the center hole empty. Now you have a positive, secure way to lock the sliding portion of the table.
Attached Thumbnails
DC1C9EFE-B991-4ED5-AB79-EE1EE5E9617A.jpg   32E2B788-646B-4743-B8E1-3397036FFBC1.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Thanks for posting does the shelf really sturdy up the table that much? I would think it almost have to be a really tight fit to take any wobble out.
If you where doing it today would you get the sprig field or poles in a 19'?
Yes, it really snugged up the pole, if you make the hole small enough. As far as double pedestal tables, I have had 4 Escapes with them, they do the job they were designed for. In the E19 with the larger table I recommend the shelf below stabilizer. With the E21 and U dinette, the table is a lot smaller and therefore sturdier.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I did something very similar to Jim's. Cross shelf underneath is a storage area but really an effective table stabilizer. Had removed stock table - made a new, smaller table, with added new slides. Eliminated front pole and added angle iron for extra stability. Not as neat as the Springfield, but a whale of a lot cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Dinet10.jpg  
Old 04-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

Fred M.

I did confirm with ETI today that the screws do protrude on the new models. I still working on why. so be glad yours don't. I trying to think of a better way to mount a table in a 19
Old 04-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
For those wanting a raised floor in the 19 dinette area there will be no way the screws will go though the fiberglass floor. Otherwise some have used shorter screws when mounting a Springfield pedestal.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
The stock table in the 19 is fairly large and heavy on the 2 pedestals. Several of us, including myself have installed a shelf along the front that has a hole in it for the forward leg. The shelf gives you added storage as keeps the leg tight. I also attach a loop underneath and bungee the table down to keep it centered and on the pedestals.
Jim, does the bungee and loop allow you to travel with the table up, or do you still lower it for travel?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:20 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Jim, does the bungee and loop allow you to travel with the table up, or do you still lower it for travel?
Because the two pedestals kept coming loose and it was exceedingly annoying me, I installed a Springfield pedestal. But wanting to keep the table upright and not stressed vertically, I purchased two stainless steel foot loops from Amazon and my spouse sewed loops on black webbing which I slid over the foot loops, which were then attached to the trim which the lowered table rests upon. Adding a plastic buckle to the webbing allows me the ability strap the table securely in the upright position when traveling, and the straps can be quickly and conveniently “hidden” beneath the bench cushions when we arrive at our destination. The low profile shape of foot loops has not created any problem when using the dinette.

If this solution interests you and you cannot visualize it, if you send me a PM with your email address I will go to my storage location and get photos to send to you. It would provide the same support when traveling with the double pedestals.