Springfield pedestal vs lagun - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #61

Trailer: Considering a Fiberglass Egg
Quote:
just to be clear we have the Lagun and use a full size table. To convert to bed takes only a minute.
So those with Lagun mounts who convert into a bed, are you having to take off the table top to make into the bed platform or are you releasing a lever and dropping the entire arm/table (sim to the Springfield)?
Also, which model of Springfield is ETI installing? Looks like there are several choices? https://springfieldgrp.com/product-c...ble-pedestals/

Given the U-dinette requirement for the Lagun - for the 21C that makes it close to double the price of a Springfield. Trying to decide between the two options (cause I really dislike the double leg setup). Thanks!
MZL1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZL1312 View Post
So those with Lagun mounts who convert into a bed, are you having to take off the table top to make into the bed platform or are you releasing a lever and dropping the entire arm/table (sim to the Springfield)?
Also, which model of Springfield is ETI installing? Looks like there are several choices? https://springfieldgrp.com/product-c...ble-pedestals/

Given the U-dinette requirement for the Lagun - for the 21C that makes it close to double the price of a Springfield. Trying to decide between the two options (cause I really dislike the double leg setup). Thanks!
The table comes off and mounting hardware self stores under table. After you do it a couple of times it’s less than 2 minute process. The leg room and ease of access for maintenance and variable positioning options are other benefits.
Attached Thumbnails
393E2B40-6C19-43ED-9790-6FE8F0D9DD11.jpeg   3E2D59A2-D94B-48FC-BAFB-90BE639C8322.jpeg   21F4A0ED-DE16-416D-935B-BFCA0E925B4A.jpeg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #63

Trailer: 10/20/21 completion 21NE
Watching the current video on table mounts, it really looks like none of them are ideal. Has anyone run across or used the ToughGrade Snap 2 linked below? Seems like a great option for a stable, yet easily lowered table. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...N12ZQO1J&psc=1
meekhotglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #64

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
I had the Springfield table with the delux slide in my 2016 real classic 21 which we sold and just picked up our new 2021 17B with the Lagan table. The real difference is the ease in putting the table down for bed conversion. With the Springfield, it’s a breeze - release the latches, just push the table down and latch the levers. The lagun not real easy. My wife couldn’t do it.. You have to basically disassemble the table, slide the parts on the table and then position the table on the positioning stops for sleeping. Setup remove the table prop against the rear window and install the vertical arm, then lift the table and put it on the vertical arm. This is the part my wife can’t do. I’m going back to the Springfield!
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #65

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryandmaria View Post
I had the Springfield table with the delux slide in my 2016 real classic 21 which we sold and just picked up our new 2021 17B with the Lagan table. The real difference is the ease in putting the table down for bed conversion. With the Springfield, it’s a breeze - release the latches, just push the table down and latch the levers. The lagun not real easy. My wife couldn’t do it.. You have to basically disassemble the table, slide the parts on the table and then position the table on the positioning stops for sleeping. Setup remove the table prop against the rear window and install the vertical arm, then lift the table and put it on the vertical arm. This is the part my wife can’t do. I’m going back to the Springfield!
This is good to know for how fast and easy the bed conversion is. Thank you.

My wife and I have been debating the Springfield vs lagun for our upcoming 21NE and I've been going back and forth between wanting that lounge feeling in the dinette area by being able to remove the table. But since we plan on using the trailer for a lot of shorter weekend family trips with our 2 kids it could become just another chore to deal with that takes away from relaxing and enjoying camping.

Also the table would need to be moved back and forth from the back of the suv tow vehicle. More work and chance of damaging interior or table.

I think we will start with the Springfield and if we hate not being able to move the table we can always switch it out.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:11 PM   #66

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
You can order the Springfield slide separately. Escape will install both if you have it shipped to them.
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote